PDA

View Full Version : defense has given up over 900 total yards of offense in 2 games!

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 10:32 PM
That's coaching.

To AZ: 431 yards and

To LSU: 530

confucius say
09-16-2023, 10:36 PM
It's talent too. We have 1 nfl guy playing defense. Maybe 2 if Dcam can make a squad, which I doubt. We don't have anybody that can hold the jock of young, wheat, or forbes at their respective positions.

vindastra
09-16-2023, 10:37 PM
Arnette used to make this team work/react better.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 10:39 PM
The coach you're running down is the one that helped your air raid win games

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 10:44 PM
Coaching and talent problems. Our secondary has no instinctive players. We aren't defending the ball when in position make a play either. That's coaching. The front seven have no speed.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 12:23 AM

I'm sorry that they have sucked at coaching these last 2 games. Even Arnett stated we are not putting our team in positions to be competitive or win.

ZedFedder
09-17-2023, 01:14 AM
It doesn?t help that the offense cannot stay on the field. That?s probably 100 yards a game at least our defense is giving up just by having to stay out there longer.

Pancho
09-17-2023, 05:12 AM
I figure Rattler and company will put up at least 450- 500 yards next week. They'll spread the D out and exploit the slow feet

TNDawg35
09-17-2023, 07:16 AM
It also doesn’t help they are staying on the field the majority of the game. They are gassed…

Rawdawg
09-17-2023, 07:20 AM
The 3-3-5 is meant to be an aggressive defense that confuses the QB. It?s time to switch to a 4 man front because we?re getting nothing from our Will linebacker aka the Tyrus Wheat position. That spot isn?t setting the edge, and has been woefully disappointing in applying pressure. LSU abused us when our Will linebacker blitzed. It caused us to be in man coverage because the safety on that side of the field was then responsible for either the tight end or the running back allowing Nabors to be one on one with our corners, meanwhile our non existent pass rush was allowing Daniels to be patient and find him.

confucius say
09-17-2023, 07:30 AM
You mean Sam, not Will.
But yea, we are getting nothing there. No edge rush like wheat gave you at times.

I'd consider moving bookie there because he is our best edge rusher. He has played it in the past. If not, just bring him off the edge in pass rushing situations the way lsu does perkins.

We are very talent deficient.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 07:33 AM
You mean Sam, not Will.
But yea, we are getting nothing there. No edge rush like wheat gave you at times.

I'd consider moving bookie there because he is our best edge rusher. He has played it in the past. If not, just bring him off the edge in pass rushing situations the way lsu does perkins.

We are very talent deficient.

The last sentence. I watched 5 mins of yesterday, and I said we were at our biggest talent deficit with lsu in a decade. I stand by that. We lost yesterday 2-3 years ago on signing day

R2Dawg
09-17-2023, 07:38 AM
It doesn?t help that the offense cannot stay on the field. That?s probably 100 yards a game at least our defense is giving up just by having to stay out there longer.

Not saying our defense can't improve but when your O runs 50 plays and TOP is so one sided and you have played two of best scrambling QBs you'll face all year, any D is going to look bad.

We have some good players on D, not NFL great like we are used to but good SEC players.

We got some young guys who have looked good - D. Anderson impacted the game yesterday by himself. He is gonna be a dude.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-17-2023, 07:39 AM
Maybe it's because I've watched his defense for so long, but I've yet to see ANY creativity or disguised blitzes.

I can accurately predict who will blitz and where every play. You know the QBs and OC aren't fooled.

Where's the corner blitz? Stunts? Overloading 1 side and dropping a DE into the slant window to pickoff the quick throw? Again, if I can predict the exact players that will come and what gap they'll hit with 95% accuracy you know the offense has no issue setting protection

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 09:33 AM
Maybe it's because I've watched his defense for so long, but I've yet to see ANY creativity or disguised blitzes.

I can accurately predict who will blitz and where every play. You know the QBs and OC aren't fooled.

Where's the corner blitz? Stunts? Overloading 1 side and dropping a DE into the slant window to pickoff the quick throw? Again, if I can predict the exact players that will come and what gap they'll hit with 95% accuracy you know the offense has no issue setting protection

Well Arnett isn't coaching the defense anymore.

Todd4State
09-17-2023, 09:47 AM

By routinely allowing over 20 points every game?

Quaoarsking
09-17-2023, 10:13 AM

Yeah, the defense was good last year and it sucks this year. Zach Arnett is a great example of the Peter Principle.

Pancho
09-17-2023, 10:14 AM
Rattler and crew will put up at least 400 yds

parabrave
09-17-2023, 10:16 AM
Yeah, the defense was good last year and it sucks this year. Zach Arnett is a great example of the Peter Principle.

Last year Wheat was a monster and Forbes shut down one side of the field. We have not replaced then. Jett and Mookie are good against the run but dam they are too slow to cover the backs.

Quaoarsking
09-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last year Wheat was a monster and Forbes shut down one side of the field. We have not replaced then. Jett and Mookie are good against the run but dam they are too slow to cover the backs.

It's more than just 2 players that causes the #11 defense (FPI) to fall to #60. It's coaching too.

Leroy Jenkins
09-17-2023, 10:22 AM
I thought Nicholson would overtake Furge. Looks like he has. Somehow a guy that has only played DB for a year is playing the best ball in the secondary right now.

chef dixon
09-17-2023, 11:17 AM
Defense is not our problem. We lack athleticism but the group is solid. You try playing D with an offense that runs 16 plays in 5 drives to start the game.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 12:21 PM
Defense is not our problem. We lack athleticism but the group is solid. You try playing D with an offense that runs 16 plays in 5 drives to start the game.

A good defense would not have given up 41 points. Don;t blame the offense for them allowing 88.2% of Daniels passes to be completed.