PDA

View Full Version : We Took Leach For Granted

confucius say
09-16-2023, 10:24 PM
He went 9-4 with this team that has maybe 2, at most, NFL guys who are starting or playing meaningful minutes and a QB who is a statue with a below average arm. Remarkable.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 10:27 PM
Leach was the best coach in the country last year.

memsu06
09-16-2023, 10:29 PM
Leach was perfect for MSU. Had a history of winning at schools that weren't powerhouses that relied on recruiting superior players.

Leach was still trying to evolve the offense when he recruited Parsons. I still would have loved to see Air Raid with a QB run threat.

If he was still on the sidelines we would have a better product than what we saw on the field today.

Quaoarsking
09-16-2023, 10:29 PM
Leach was a top 10 coach in the country. Arnett looks to be nowhere near that caliber. Hope he figures it out, but I'm not confident.

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 10:31 PM
We did not take him for granted. Give ZA time to get his players. That's what we said Leachs first year.

confucius say
09-16-2023, 10:34 PM
We did not take him for granted. Give ZA time to get his players. That's what we said Leachs first year.

But leach won without players. That's the point. Not a single nfl guy on offense last year.

Coach34
09-16-2023, 10:35 PM
But leach won without players. That's the point. Not a single nfl guy on offense last year.

Woody Marks is 100% an NFL guy

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 10:37 PM
Woody Marks is 100% an NFL guy

What are you calling NFL player? Practice squad?

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 10:38 PM

He has his players. They are on Defense.

He knew what we returned and decided to put MSU through this.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 10:38 PM
It doesn't matter if we did or didn't, Leach is gone forever. Arnett is our coach now and we can only hope he puts his best foot forward starting next week.

Coach34
09-16-2023, 10:39 PM
What are you calling NFL player? Practice squad?

Seriously? Woody Marks will be drafted and play in the NFL. He is a very good player

msstate7
09-16-2023, 10:41 PM
Seriously? Woody Marks will be drafted and play in the NFL. He is a very good player

Maybe. Being drafted at RB is tough

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 10:42 PM

He won't play long. JRob was better than he is. I like Marks a lot, but we've had many RB that are far superior to him. His long run today happened cause LSU taking a nap at the time. I haven't seen him get really tough yards yet.

confucius say
09-16-2023, 10:43 PM

Maybe a cup of coffee. He lacks break away speed and is too small to move a pile. He might can catch on for a few years somewhere though.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 10:46 PM
Maybe a cup of coffee. He lacks break away speed and is too small to move a pile. He might can catch on for a few years somewhere though.

Yep

Quaoarsking
09-16-2023, 10:48 PM

We all knew that Leach would be good here because he'd done it elsewhere. If Arnett had won big at other schools, I wouldn't be so down on him right now.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 10:51 PM
We all knew that Leach would be good here because he'd done it elsewhere. If Arnett had won big at other schools, I wouldn't be so down on him right now.

I'm willing to give him time although this year may end up being a BIG bust. I will say his post game pressor about how he has done a "poor job of evaluating the team" surely puzzled me. It's almost like he's relaxed the culture some is sorta the way I heard that. He's been around SEC for 3 years ... he should be able to tell if the team is tough and gonna perform or not by now I'm thinking.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 10:51 PM

Things that make no sense... it's ok for a proven coach to struggle initially, but a new coach should succeed right away

Dawgface
09-16-2023, 10:53 PM
I can?t wait for c34 Sunday review. Surely he can?t be optimistic at this point. MSU football that is?.I know he?s thrilled with a 2nd chance at life as we all are for him.

Coach34
09-16-2023, 10:53 PM

He catches the ball...he can pass protect...and he can run the ball. Thats what the NFL is looking for. He will be there alot longer than JRob who could only run the ball.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 10:55 PM
Things that make no sense... it's ok for a proven coach to struggle initially, but a new coach should succeed right away

I'm good with giving him time but he may need to make some tough and quick changes in coaching staff. And we'll see what the drop off from last year is as to how disappointed we should be.

SilentSteel16

Too small?? You might want to go check NFL RBs. Marks is bigger than Breece Hall, Swift, Eckler the list goes on and on.
No break away speed?? Might want to check those stats as well ? don?t let facts get in the way of your argument though. Marks will 100 percent be an NFL RB unless of injury. NFL is built for exactly Marks size and type.

msstate7
He catches the ball...he can pass protect...and he can run the ball. Thats what the NFL is looking for. He will be there alot longer than JRob who could only run the ball.

LSU's top 3 could also

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 10:57 PM

JRob could catch well and while not the greatest pass blocker, I'm not sure he is worse than Marks. JRob caught that 30 or so yarder against KY that came in directly over his head. Very tough catch.
But we've had others that didn't last long up there that are much better than Marks. He's not quick enough or fast enough for his size IMO.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 11:02 PM
Too small?? You might want to go check NFL RBs. Marks is bigger than Breece Hall, Swift, Eckler the list goes on and on.
No break away speed?? Might want to check those stats as well ? don?t let facts get in the way of your argument though. Marks will 100 percent be an NFL RB unless of injury. NFL is built for exactly Marks size and type.

Hall is listed at 5'10" 220.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 11:06 PM

And there's no doubt in my mind Swift is way faster than Marks. At least he was at UGA. Don't know anything about Eckler.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 11:08 PM
And there's no doubt in my mind Swift is way faster than Marks. At least he was at UGA. Don't know anything about Eckler.

Hell, hall is faster. Hall ran a 4.39 at the combine. Marks ain't touching that

Homedawg
09-16-2023, 11:11 PM
He went 9-4 with this team that has maybe 2, at most, NFL guys who are starting or playing meaningful minutes and a QB who is a statue with a below average arm. Remarkable.

Leach was good coach. But we lost wheat, huge loss huge. Lost Forbes. Huge loss. And losing sharp is bigger than people think. Leach is a good coach but a rotten recruiter. Worse than Mullen. Believe what you want. I have horror stories. If I told them you wouldn't believe them then and had I told them then you would want him fired. Just bad. What nfl talent do we have on this team??? Damn near none. At least upper class men. That's why they are still here.

SilentSteel16
09-16-2023, 11:12 PM

I guess it depends on where you look it up because the jets website has him at 6?1 which is different from espn and so on. But also interesting on that same website for the Jets Dalvin Cook is exact same size as Woody. But again the argument of him being too small and unable to push a pile is absolute ludicrous.

The NFL is looking for Woody Marks type RBs. He will be a NFL RB.

Homedawg
09-16-2023, 11:14 PM

I like your takes. But I'll be floored if he's drafted

msstate7
09-16-2023, 11:14 PM
Leach was good coach. But we lost wheat, huge loss huge. Lost Forbes. Huge loss. And losing sharp is bigger than people think. Leach is a good coach but a rotten recruiter. Worse than Mullen. Believe what you want. I have horror stories. If I told them you wouldn't believe them then and had I told them then you would want him fired. Just bad. What nfl talent do we have on this team??? Damn near none. At least upper class men. That's why they are still here.

I said this a few weeks ago. You don't get a team this old that has real talent... the nfl won't let em stay

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 11:15 PM
I guess it depends on where you look it up because the jets website has him at 6?1 which is different from espn and so on. But also interesting on that same website for the Jets Dalvin Cook is exact same size as Woody. But again the argument of him being too small and unable to push a pile is absolute ludicrous.

The NFL is looking for Woody Marks type RBs. He will be a NFL RB.

When has he pushed a pile? Doesn't matter ... we'll see what happens. Personally I think Aeris was much better between the tackles.

confucius say
09-16-2023, 11:18 PM

Leach was playing true freshmen. Including a not very talented one at the most important position in the game. Arnett has a team full of 22-23 year olds.

I'm still supporting arnett though. He's just got to make some tough decisions. I don't envy him.

confucius say
09-16-2023, 11:20 PM

You can be small if you can fly. Marks can't. He's average speed.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-16-2023, 11:23 PM

Gene34. Marks won?t play a down in the NFL.

Vick Ballard and Josh Robinson couldn?t make it. Marks won?t be any different.

confucius say
09-16-2023, 11:23 PM

I agree that we are way short on talent right now. W have maybe 2 nfl guys who are starting right now. And those 2 are day 3 draft guys at best.

And I agree about leach recruiting.

My only point is he got this offense with a bad OL and meh skill guys and a G5 talent at QB to actually be productive. Phenomenal

Quaoarsking
09-16-2023, 11:24 PM

I think it makes a lot of sense. 2020 had some red flags, but we knew that Leach was a top 10 coach, which gave us the confidence to ignore those red flags and believe everything would be OK. Our faith was rewarded with a top 20 finish by 2022, and without his tragic death, it likely would have been rewarded repeatedly throughout the 2020s.

Arnett has red flags in 2023 now, but we don't have any kind of history to calm our nerves about him. The more likely scenario is that we just fuсked up the hire.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2023, 11:42 PM
This team isn't last years team. We can move on from that. We lost more than most realize. That offense last year was abysmal too. It scored 2 more points against LSU than this one.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-16-2023, 11:44 PM
This team isn't last years team. We can move on from that. We lost more than most realize. That offense last year was abysmal too. It scored 2 more points against LSU than this one.

201 yards of offense is abysmal. Not winning 9 games.

Comparing the 2 is ridiculous. Wish we had some Airbone right now

Cooterpoot
09-16-2023, 11:49 PM

He was handed this job out of necessity. He doesn't get time. He gets a low end contract and no second chances. We can pay a top 20 salary and hire better.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2023, 11:49 PM
201 yards of offense is abysmal. Not winning 9 games.

Comparing the 2 is ridiculous. Wish we had some Airbone right now
Only 88 more yards last year. And we turned it over too. This isn't the same team as last year. Especially on defense.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-17-2023, 12:01 AM
Only 88 more yards last year. And we turned it over too. This isn't the same team as last year. Especially on defense.

Yeah last year on the road at Tiger Stadium. Keep making excuses. 5 games is the ceiling.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2023, 12:08 AM
Yeah last year on the road at Tiger Stadium. Keep making excuses. 5 games is the ceiling.

And that offense last season was crap too. Defense was pretty good though. Got neither this year. We might score 20 a game again this year with Leach and still not win SEC games. Leach didn't do anything special here. Cool guy who was past his prime with an old ass scheme that struggled here.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-17-2023, 12:16 AM
And that offense last season was crap too. Defense was pretty good though. Got neither this year. We might score 20 a game again this year with Leach and still not win SEC games.

It's tough arguing with someone this dense.

Leach's offense controlled the clock. This offense leaves the D on the field 40 minutes a game. Putting up 500 yards a game in the SEC isnt a realistic expectation, but who am I kidding talking to another MSU fan about realistic expectations.

The fact is that Arnett was hired to sustain stability in the program, and because of his ego, completely blew up the offense the team was built to run. We are seeing the consequences of that now.

When we go 4-8 this year Arnett needs to go, and we need to conduct a real national coaching search. Unlike the last go around.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2023, 12:23 AM
It's tough arguing with someone this dense.

Leach's offense controlled the clock. This offense leaves the D on the field 40 minutes a game. Putting up 500 yards a game in the SEC isnt a realistic expectation, but who am I kidding talking to another MSU fan about realistic expectations.

The fact is that Arnett was hired to sustain stability in the program, and because of his ego, completely blew up the offense the team was built to run. We are seeing the consequences of that now.

When we go 4-8 this year Arnett needs to go, and we need to conduct a real national coaching search. Unlike the last go around.
This staff sucks. We agree there. But that Leach offense sucked last year too. Both are true.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 12:28 AM
I'm willing to give him time although this year may end up being a BIG bust. I will say his post game pressor about how he has done a "poor job of evaluating the team" surely puzzled me. It's almost like he's relaxed the culture some is sorta the way I heard that. He's been around SEC for 3 years ... he should be able to tell if the team is tough and gonna perform or not by now I'm thinking.

Yep.. this team isn't disciplined at all. Not in blocking. Not in pass protection... etc etc.

Leach had a system and knew what it took to make the offense work. Arnett does not know how to fix Barbay's offense.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 12:30 AM

Dude.. give up on trying to compare them. One dealt with covid ending any hope of a spring and constantly not knowing who would be allowed to practice or play. He also had to deal with a bad locker room in that same year. You are not going to convince people to forget 2020.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 12:36 AM
This staff sucks. We agree there. But that Leach offense sucked last year too. Both are true.

They won 9 Cooter. Don;t hand me the Defense won games either. With out the offense scoring, those games are losses.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2023, 12:38 AM
They won 9 Cooter. Don;t hand me the Defense won games either. With out the offense scoring, those games are losses.

The offense was trash last year. Leach won 8 games but it wasn't because we were lighting it up.

confucius say
09-17-2023, 06:37 AM

Night and day. We moved the ball on offense last year. Even against lsu. Now we were average on offense, not great. But we'd kill for average right now.

confucius say
09-17-2023, 06:42 AM
The offense was trash last year. Leach won 8 games but it wasn't because we were lighting it up.

We did at times. This team isn't putting up what 2022 did against Arizona and auburn and ark amd Aggie.

If we weren't going to run the air raid, we should have told will to leave and gotten a qb. Hard truth, because I really like will.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 06:48 AM
We did at times. This team isn't putting up what 2022 did against Arizona and auburn and ark amd Aggie.

If we weren't going to run the air raid, we should have told will to leave and gotten a qb. Hard truth, because I really like will.

Will in this offense is Tyler Russell in mullen's. Unfortunately, we don't have a young dak to slowly break in

confucius say
09-17-2023, 07:02 AM
Will in this offense is Tyler Russell in mullen's. Unfortunately, we don't have a young dak to slowly break in

Nailed it. And I'd argue it's worse. Because Tyler couldn't move but he did have a big arm that could stretch the field.

TrapGame
09-17-2023, 07:44 AM

Nailed it. And I'd argue it's worse. Because Tyler couldn't move but he did have a big arm that could stretch the field.

Unfortunately, Will is more Mike Henig in this offense than Tyler Russell, but Mike could take a hit.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-17-2023, 07:49 AM
Leach took over a bad team with discipline issues. Everyone agreed year 1 would be lost just true to cleaning up the locker room. Jesus Christ we played @UGA with how many scholarship players? Was it 45?

Arnett inherited a 8-4 team that had a unusually high amount of returning production

It's not hard to understand the differences in the situation. Arnetts situation is more akin to JoMo than Leach or ******* were.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 07:54 AM
Leach took over a bad team with discipline issues. Everyone agreed year 1 would be lost just true to cleaning up the locker room. Jesus Christ we played @UGA with how many scholarship players? Was it 45?

Arnett inherited a 8-4 team that had a unusually high amount of returning production

It's not hard to understand the differences in the situation. Arnetts situation is more akin to JoMo than Leach or ******* were.

Both brought a totally different offense system. Now you could argue that arnett shouldn't have, but he did, so that makes them similar.

R2Dawg
09-17-2023, 08:03 AM

Tyler wasn't that bad but I agree similar comparison. Will can run the air dink offense but that is it. Tyler could throw the ball and was faster than Will even carrying Will on his back. Tyler had a pocket prescence and strong arm. We got neither now.

Cowbell
09-17-2023, 08:05 AM

Not for an SEC leading rusher

R2Dawg
09-17-2023, 08:07 AM

It don't take two years to clean up the locker room. How do you explain games like UK and LSU. if the locker room was the issue then how we set an SEC passing record in game one and look like Ned and first reader UK, Ark and others the same year? They saw LSU dumb mistakes and started the drop 8 to stonewall the air raid. That simple.

Prime fixed the culture in one spring. It don't take 3 years to do that.

Now, we still got talent and scheme problems along with coaching challenges.

Cowbell
09-17-2023, 08:08 AM
Gene34. Marks won?t play a down in the NFL.

Vick Ballard and Josh Robinson couldn?t make it. Marks won?t be any different.

Vic did make it. He was a legit every down back before injury.

Cowbell
09-17-2023, 08:11 AM
Some of y'all have a different memory than I do of leach. I remember us sucking against most SEC teams the first couple years and I remember two years of having to purge the "malcontents". You got to let Zac rebuild this team the way he sees it.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 08:17 AM
Some of y'all have a different memory than I do of leach. I remember us sucking against most SEC teams the first couple years and I remember two years of having to purge the "malcontents". You got to let Zac rebuild this team the way he sees it.

We have no choice now, so yeah, we need to just try and be patient while hoping for the best

Quaoarsking
09-17-2023, 09:03 AM

Last year, the FPI ranking of our offense was #44. Not spectacular (for comparison our defense was #11), but this year (through 3 games only, so there's time to change in either direction) our offense is at #78 and defense #60.

We are far worse on both sides of the ball. Thanks Zach.

Quaoarsking
09-17-2023, 09:14 AM

There's a huge difference in giving a Hall of Fame coach extra time when he had history of winning at less prestigious schools. We all knew in our hearts that Leach was going to turn us into a great program, and had he not tragically died, we'd be reaping the benefits right now.

On the other hand, Arnett has nothing on his resume that suggests he can tear down a team and build it back up in his image. All evidence suggests that he's just sunk the program. You'd have to be extremely optimistic to think that he'll ever get us back to where we were in 2022 (top 20). I hope I'm wrong and he calls me out personally.

Activated Alpha
09-17-2023, 09:22 AM
Could we within the realm of possibility hire Urban? He wouldn?t have the pressure to win National championship here like he did everywhere else

Santiago
09-17-2023, 09:30 AM
One thing for sure, our drives under Leach could eat up clock. Imagine that ball control this year with the clock rules. I wonder just how much did Arnett consider the new rules instead of throwing out the entire air raid system.
I like CZA, but I though last year when hired that he said he did not want to change very much.

Still not understanding letting Hollingshead go.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 09:40 AM

It's not even that. Barbay did the same thing at App State with a SR returning QB and RBs. Look at the drop off in wins.

This isn't about him getting his players in. This is about him as an OC. He sucks at teaching the system he is trying to learn.

Todd4State
09-17-2023, 09:42 AM
We probably win 9 in 2021 with Leach if we had a kicker. The Air Raid finished fifth in PPG in SEC only games in 2021.

We would have been much better on offense this year with it being year four and Tulu, Creed, Zavion, and Robinson being the primary receivers along with Walley.

All Zach had to do was hire someone that would update the version of the Air Raid we ran some. He chose not to do that because he bought a line from Barbay. Now we all get to suffer.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 09:43 AM
Last year, the FPI ranking of our offense was #44. Not spectacular (for comparison our defense was #11), but this year (through 3 games only, so there's time to change in either direction) our offense is at #78 and defense #60.

We are far worse on both sides of the ball. Thanks Zach.

YEP!

Todd4State
09-17-2023, 09:43 AM
Could we within the realm of possibility hire Urban? He wouldn?t have the pressure to win National championship here like he did everywhere else

Not with his baggage.

Todd4State
09-17-2023, 09:45 AM
And for some reason I don't understand MSU fans have always given Arnett a pass for his defense which routinely finished 7th in the SEC. That's not bad. But it's not been that great either really. Pretty average.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 09:45 AM
We probably win 9 in 2021 with Leach if we had a kicker. The Air Raid finished fifth in PPG in SEC only games in 2021.

We would have been much better on offense this year with it being year four and Tulu, Creed, Zavion, and Robinson being the primary receivers along with Walley.

All Zach had to do was hire someone that would update the version of the Air Raid we ran some. He chose not to do that because he bought a line from Barbay. Now we all get to suffer.

An Unproven HC hired an UNPROVEN OC and people still want to blame the players.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2023, 10:33 AM
Barbay and Brock have been terrible at their jobs. The talent is underwhelming too in a lot of spots. OL is trash, QB is a problem, TE is nonexistent, LB is slow, no real pass rushing DEs on the roster ready to play because of our scheme (3-3-5). Nobody to lock down the edge.
State fans just continue to suffer

TrapGame
09-17-2023, 10:53 AM

No. There's a conversation between Ryan Day and Urban after Day was called by Cohen and asked if he was interested in our job after Dan left. Urban thinks we're a lower than shit program.

We might have a shot at Willie Fritz, maybe, but I really wouldn't be surprised if we brought back Dan.

Quaoarsking
09-17-2023, 11:02 AM
I really wouldn't be surprised if we brought back Dan.

https://i.imgur.com/bqfvMmC.png

msstate7
09-17-2023, 11:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/bqfvMmC.png

Everyone knows I'd love this. I do wonder how the transfer portal would mix with his development/RS design though

dawgday166
09-17-2023, 11:28 AM
Everyone knows I'd love this. I do wonder how the transfer portal would mix with his development/RS design though

Calm down dude. Don't get too many erotic thoughts just yet *****

Quaoarsking
09-17-2023, 11:32 AM

IF (that's a big if) Mullen was willing to give 100% at trying to win championships, I think he could be more successful here in his 2nd stint than he was in his 1st. The question is does he care enough to really commit.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Calm down dude. Don't get too many erotic thoughts just yet *****

Too late

Todd4State
09-17-2023, 11:58 AM
IF (that's a big if) Mullen was willing to give 100% at trying to win championships, I think he could be more successful here in his 2nd stint than he was in his 1st. The question is does he care enough to really commit.

That's a huge IF that we all know the answer to.

We've suffered enough. The one good season with Dan wouldn't be worth the recruiting damage and the impending looking to leave ASAP.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 12:01 PM

We've suffered enough. The one good season with Dan wouldn't be worth the recruiting damage and the impending looking to leave ASAP.

Any good coach will be looking to upgrade. Leach was truly the outlier

dawgday166
09-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Too late

I figured LOL. I will say I'm starting to think it may be an option to try cause ... we don't have too many good options to choose from. And maybe Dan has learned from his mistakes too.

Todd4State
09-17-2023, 12:04 PM
Any good coach will be looking to upgrade. Leach was truly the outlier

Yes but there is a proper way to do that and Dan did not do it the proper way. You can not neglect your current team while you're trying to get your ego stroked by Maryland and Boston College.

Quaoarsking
09-17-2023, 12:34 PM

We'd have to make it clear to him that he can't do that this time. Like put a buyout so huge in his contract that there's just no chance anyone would pay it. Or even some kind of no-compete clause that prevents him from working at another FBS school for 12 months if he breaks the contract early. (Is that legal and allowed by the NCAA?)

And if Dan doesn't want to sign it, fine, we'll get someone else, but we would need that kind of commitment from him.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-17-2023, 01:02 PM
And for some reason I don't understand MSU fans have always given Arnett a pass for his defense which routinely finished 7th in the SEC. That's not bad. But it's not been that great either really. Pretty average.

He's "One of Us", apparently. Stats don't matter.

PGHBulldogBG
09-17-2023, 01:25 PM
Hopefully Arnett will end up working out here, but I still believe just giving him the job and not doing a national coaching search was a mistake and a very lazy way to approach the situation. It is concerning that we have been out coached pretty badly the last two weeks and I am afraid that will be the case until the Western Michigan game.

confucius say
09-17-2023, 02:21 PM
Barbay and Brock have been terrible at their jobs. The talent is underwhelming too in a lot of spots. OL is trash, QB is a problem, TE is nonexistent, LB is slow, no real pass rushing DEs on the roster ready to play because of our scheme (3-3-5). Nobody to lock down the edge.
State fans just continue to suffer

About covers it all.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2023, 02:30 PM
He won't play long. JRob was better than he is. I like Marks a lot, but we've had many RB that are far superior to him. His long run today happened cause LSU taking a nap at the time. I haven't seen him get really tough yards yet.

JRob didn?t do all the off the field stuff required to stay in the NFL. Marks is a business man.

mo7888
09-17-2023, 07:37 PM
Leach was perfect for MSU. Had a history of winning at schools that weren't powerhouses that relied on recruiting superior players.

Leach was still trying to evolve the offense when he recruited Parsons. I still would have loved to see Air Raid with a QB run threat.

If he was still on the sidelines we would have a better product than what we saw on the field today.

That evolution you're referencing was what i was anticipating the most myself. It's an element we'd never seen in a ML offense. Oh well...