PDA

View Full Version : Illuminating thread on Will...

BeardoMSU
09-16-2023, 08:49 PM
Yikes. Yikes. Yikes.

https://twitter.com/Tandries1144/status/1703151370272927749?t=GqrninRNG3keGEukHwnBkA&s=19

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 08:52 PM
Yikes. Yikes. Yikes.

https://twitter.com/Tandries1144/status/1703151370272927749?t=GqrninRNG3keGEukHwnBkA&s=19

Yeah let me play action roll right and throw back left with C gap pressure right in my face because my H back (who has no business playing but the staff changed the offense to have to use one when we didnt have one on the entire roster) and hit that open guy who is not even looking for the ball. Let alone read my progressions. I thought yall hated Fitzgerald but this is just wild

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:54 PM
I know seeing the field from the bleachers is different than behind the line but there were WR open all day. I saw some plays where guys were 20yards pass their safety.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 08:54 PM
I know seeing the field from the bleachers is different than behind the line but there were WR open all day. I saw some plays where guys were 20yards pass their safety.

I bet you did

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 08:55 PM
Yeah let me play action roll right and throw back left with C gap pressure right in my face because my H back (who has no business playing but the staff changed the offense to have to use one when we didnt have one on the entire roster) and hit that open guy who is not even looking for the ball. Let alone read my progressions. I thought yall hated Fitzgerald but this is just wild

11/28 for 103 yards and 5 sacks

MBDawg601
09-16-2023, 08:57 PM
Joe Milton just threw a pass 65 yards rolling to his weak side falling down.

He is not the most accurate, but man... it is nice to see a QB sling it

msstate7
09-16-2023, 08:58 PM
I hope one days you boys can find someone you love as much as I love jimbo and bucky loves will.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 09:00 PM
Joe Milton just threw a pass 65 yards rolling to his weak side falling down.

He is not the most accurate, but man... it is nice to see a QB sling it

I can't turn o na game without seeing every QB being more mobile, decisive, and accurate than Will. That's not my anti state homer glasses- I remember watching other QBs and being glad we had Dak, glad we had a speedster like Fitz pre injury. I remember in '21 watching QBs miss guys and appreciating that Will would have hit that guy. But now? Again, EVERYONE is making better throws and plays than Will.

Pinto
09-16-2023, 09:01 PM
Will can not hit a receiver in stride. They have to sit down and flash their numbers. Will can only hit stationary targets.

Dawgface
09-16-2023, 09:02 PM
I hope one days you boys can find someone you love as much as I love jimbo and bucky loves will.

Bucky loves Will.....no doubt.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 09:04 PM

Nobody hates Will. We just love MSU. And we all know that despite liking Will, he's not best for MSU football right now as our QB. You see, our loyalty is with a team and school, not a player.

RockyDog
09-16-2023, 09:05 PM
I bet you did

Go go power Rogers! Rogers excuser to the rescue!!

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 09:08 PM
Will has been oblivious to wide open receivers for three years. Last year somebody on Six Pack put up screen shots from the Kentucky game where Will had open receivers downfield but was taking the short dump pass for virtually no gain, getting sacked or just throwing it out of bounds.

viverlibre
09-16-2023, 09:10 PM
Will has always been hesitant to just sling it down field. I think he is overthinking it and/or scared of turning it over.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Nobody hates Will. We just love MSU. And we all know that despite liking Will, he's not best for MSU football right now as our QB. You see, our loyalty is with a team and school, not a player.

You see, I loved MS State when Will was going to the Grove. Try again

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:18 PM
Will has been oblivious to wide open receivers for three years. Last year somebody on Six Pack put up screen shots from the Kentucky game where Will had open receivers downfield but was taking the short dump pass for virtually no gain, getting sacked or just throwing it out of bounds.

Let 6 pack and elite dawgs coach our QBs

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 09:22 PM

Yup.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 09:22 PM

The hate for Fitz was much, much worse than this. After a KY game where Allen was putting his helmet between Fitz's shoulder blades from time-to-time (which Will "might've" let that happen to him one, maybe 2 times in 4 years), while Guidry misses 2 3rd down conversions that Fitz hits him in the chest with.

Same at FL. Guidry misses crucial 3rd down throw that hits him in the chest, Osirus drops a sure 50 yd bomb TD and Fitz getting hammered all night long.

And Fitz was getting dog cussed for all that, which isn't the case with Will.

So it's like this:
1) Will ain't making those plays people are dropping downfield cause he don't hold onto the ball long enough.
2) Will ain't getting hammered like Fitz did that year cause he don't hold onto the ball long enough to get hit.
3) Will ain't getting dog cussed either.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:24 PM
The hate for Fitz was much, much worse than this. After a KY game where Allen was putting his helmet between Fitz's shoulder blades from time-to-time (which Will "might've" let that happen to him one, maybe 2 times in 4 years), while Guidry misses 2 3rd down conversions that Fitz hits him in the chest with.

Same at FL. Guidry misses crucial 3rd down throw that hits him in the chest, Osirus drops a sure 50 yd bomb TD and Fitz getting hammered all night long.

And Fitz was getting dog cussed for all that, which isn't the case with Will.

So it's like this:
1) Will ain't making those plays people are dropping downfield cause he don't hold onto the ball long enough.
2) Will ain't getting hammered like Fitz did that year cause he don't hold onto the ball long enough to get hit.
3) Will ain't getting dog cussed either.

You dont have to lecture me on Fitz. I defended him too. His coaches did him
No favors either. Will is getting absolutely slaughtered

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 09:26 PM

Then you don't know what getting slaughtered really is then. He did have some pressure today but those passes are high cause the pass rush is within a few feet and he's throwing off his back foot.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:27 PM
Then you don't know what getting slaughtered really is then. He did have some pressure today but those passes are high cause the pass rush is within a few feet and he's throwing off his back foot.

Oh he is getting slaughtered on and off the field. By folks who dont know him from Adam

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 09:28 PM
You see, I loved MS State when Will was going to the Grove. Try again

The hell does that have to do with anything? You still put him above MsU...so you're proving my point. You're blinded by your obsession with Will. No objectivity. Not sure you even realize it, you're so deep in it. He's a good kid, but he's not bigger than MSU. You can love a kid and still be realistic enough to know when he isn't getting the job done. Doesn't make you less of an Uncle to admit the obvious. Hell, he knows it too I assure you.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:30 PM
The hell does that have to do with anything? You still put him above MsU...so you're proving my point. You're blinded by your obsession with Will. No objectivity. Not sure you even realize it, you're so deep in it. He's a good kid, but he's not bigger than MSU. You can love a kid and still be realistic enough to know when he isn't getting the job done. Doesn't make you less of an Uncle to admit the obvious. Hell, he knows it too I assure you.

You insinuated I was more loyal to Will than State. I was loyal to state with Tray Rutland at QB. Of course he isnt getting it done, but neither is anyone else in the program. Go find the threads running our LG down by his name solely blaming him and calling for his job. Then come back to me

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 09:33 PM

Will took 5 sacks and 2 of them were 100% something he should have avoided, another was one a slightly mobile QB would have avoided. He ran zero times. Daniels took more and harder hits in an easy low stress blowout because he is man enough to run it even when there's no need.

Will was 11/28 for 103 yards. Is it possible to be hyperbolic in the criticism of him? Yeah... but I haven't seen it. Just us saying Wright cant play worse. Which is true, he would not be worse than 39%.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 09:34 PM
You insinuated I was more loyal to Will than State. I was loyal to state with Tray Rutland at QB. Of course he isnt getting it done, but neither is anyone else in the program. Go find the threads running our LG down by his name solely blaming him and calling for his job. Then come back to me

Did you just start following football? QB always carries the weight. This isn't new. I blame the coaches for continuing to run him out there when he is immobile. That being said, he still isn't playing good, even when he gets protection and open receivers. Doesn't make him a bad guy, it's just the facts.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:35 PM
Will took 5 sacks and 2 of them were 100% something he should have avoided, another was one a slightly mobile QB would have avoided. He ran zero times. Daniels took more and harder hits in an easy low stress blowout because he is man enough to run it even when there's no need.

Will was 11/28 for 103 yards. Is it possible to be hyperbolic in the criticism of him? Yeah... but I haven't seen it. Just us saying Wright cant play worse. Which is true, he would not be worse than 39%.

Daniels was able to run because our LBs spot drop. He is also able to run more because he had all day to throw

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 09:36 PM

If our LG isn?t getting shit done, he can sit the bench too. This is the SEC, not rec league. Our coaching staff needs to grow up and make the big boy call here. This season is over. Parson is the future. Put him in the game and even if we lose, it is building for the future.

the_real_MSU_is_us

People my self included have been roasting the OL and Friend. We don't single out the LG because the entire OL is a problem, but we DO single out the coach that broke the OL.

Will isn't playing well. He's playing the most important position. That's why he gets more attention

BuckyIsAB****
Did you just start following football? QB always carries the weight. This isn't new. I blame the coaches for continuing to run him out there when he is immobile. That being said, he still isn't playing good, even when he gets protection and open receivers. Doesn't make him a bad guy, it's just the facts.

Yeah I just started today. I learned that its always this guy named will rogers fault. When I dropped my beer while ago I blamed him

TheLostDawg
I think we all agree we have a problem with our o line. No matter how we feel about will, with this line we're going to need a mobile qb.

msstate7
Daniels was able to run because our LBs spot drop. He is also able to run more because he had all day to throw

He's also able to run bc... well, he's athletic and can run

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 09:38 PM

And he's one tough dude ... Warrior. Gonna lay it all out there to win.

BankerDog
This issue with Will is his mentality. That goes back to Leach. I?ve let some thoughts be known today, but most who know me off this site know I have always said that Will doesn?t play to win-he plays not to lose. That is great when you can out talent folks, but not when there is equal to better talent. Games like today, he plays not to lose games and doesn?t let?em drop and let the ball rip. He needs a slump buster.

BuckyIsAB****
People my self included have been roasting the OL and Friend. We don't single out the LG because the entire OL is a problem, but we DO single out the coach that broke the OL.

Will isn't playing well. He's playing the most important position. That's why he gets more attention

There isnt one position out there that is more important than the other. We collectively all of us in the program have sucked.

TheLostDawg
Ideally our o line gets it together and will starts ripping it but for now will is missing reads because he knows he's about to get slammed.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 09:39 PM

And he took more hits than Will because of his own choice to run, and he popped up without complaint. Yet you want to act like Will is some kind of marter dying every play for State and we're ungrateful if we point out his flaws

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 09:40 PM
Yeah I just started today. I learned that its always this guy named will rogers fault. When I dropped my beer while ago I blamed him

Poor thing. This ain't intramurals, brother. Being a SEC QB isn't for the faint of heart

dawgday166
And he took more hits than Will because of his own choice to run, and he popped up without complaint. Yet you want to act like Will is some kind of marter dying every play for State and we're ungrateful if we point out his flaws

If he were fighting and scrapping like hell I'd be defending him.

the_real_MSU_is_us
There isnt one position out there that is more important than the other. We collectively all of us in the program have sucked.

Absolute bullshit lol why do you think the NFL drafts QBs so high and gives the big contracts to QBs? Next you're going to tell me the HC isn't more important than the TE coach

BuckyIsAB****

Dear God dude. No I dont. That right there proves my point. No one has ever said you can?t point out his flaws. All I have said is that he is not the devil himself

BankerDog
09-16-2023, 09:41 PM
Whoever?s bright idea it was to flip Smith and Loysa is an idiot. Cole Smith is way too emotional to be a center. He excelled as a guard last year when he was brought in to play center he was terrible. He needs to get back to his natural position of guard.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 09:41 PM
This issue with Will is his mentality. That goes back to Leach. I?ve let some thoughts be known today, but most who know me off this site know I have always said that Will doesn?t play to win-he plays not to lose. That is great when you can out talent folks, but not when there is equal to better talent. Games like today, he plays not to lose games and doesn?t let?em drop and let the ball rip. He needs a slump buster.

Good point. I agree. Too conservative. Playing not to lose, and not to make a mistake. Gotta go out and win games in this league or you're going to get slapped like we did today

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:42 PM
Absolute bullshit lol why do you think the NFL drafts QBs so high and gives the big contracts to QBs? Next you're going to tell me the HC isn't more important than the TE coach

Yeah and they will waste a lot of that money. Ask Bryce Young how important his TEs and OL are when it comes to him doing well

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 09:45 PM
Yeah and they will waste a lot of that money. Ask Bryce Young how important his TEs and OL are when it comes to him doing well

If you think every TE Ol and QB should be paid the same you're a moron. But you know QB is significantly more important than any other 1 player. You're just willing to lie to find any narrative that defends Will.

Let me ask you this: if Wright ran and passed the ball 33 times today, would he have had more or less than 78 yards of total offense?

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 09:47 PM
Ain't no one blaming Daniels' Oline for the FSU loss ... and he really was getting hammered that night. None of this the Dlinemen's breath from a couple of feet away causing him to scrunch up into a ball.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:47 PM
If you think every TE Ol and QB should be paid the same you're a moron. But you know QB is significantly more important than any other 1 player. You're just willing to lie to find any narrative that defends Will.

Let me ask you this: if Wright ran and passed the ball 33 times today, would he have had more or less than 78 yards of total offense?

He would have handed the ball off over and over because any coach worth his salt would take that away from him and make him throw it or give it.

I dont give a rats ass about how much the NFL pays positions. That means as much to me as this argument will tomorrow. But this is the only game where if all 11 arent doing their job it takes a monumental effort by another to survive the play

Offshore Dawg
09-16-2023, 09:48 PM
You folks do remember that Will can play next year also, because at his present performance level his getting drafted is unlikely.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 09:49 PM

Yup and Wright is faster than he is.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 09:50 PM
He would have handed the ball off over and over because any coach worth his salt would take that away from him and make him throw it or give it.

I dont give a rats ass about how much the NFL pays positions. That means as much to me as this argument will tomorrow. But this is the only game where if all 11 arent doing their job it takes a monumental effort by another to survive the play

LSU made WIll throw it and he was 11/28 for 103 yards.

If Wright ran & passed it 33 total times in a game, would he have more or less than 78 yards of offense? Don't weasel out of this, answer the hypothetical.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:54 PM
LSU made WIll throw it and he was 11/28 for 103 yards.

If Wright ran & passed it 33 total times in a game, would he have more or less than 78 yards of offense? Don't weasel out of this, answer the hypothetical.

Dude who knows? I would say probably not because we could not get open could not pass protect and he cant throw. But sure to tickle your fancy maybe he gets 79 yards. Feel better?

KOdawg1
09-16-2023, 09:54 PM

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:56 PM
This obsession with Wright is almost as stupid as bringing him in on 4th and 1 and asking him to run some pre snap cute motion when his snap count is already gonna be different. Oh wait

the_real_MSU_is_us
Dude who knows? I would say probably not because we could not get open could not pass protect and he cant throw. But sure to tickle your fancy maybe he gets 79 yards. Feel better?

pathetic

BuckyIsAB****

How you doing man

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 09:58 PM
This obsession with Wright is almost as stupid as bringing him in on 4th and 1 and asking him to run some pre snap cute motion when his snap count is already gonna be different. Oh wait

Dude you're the one obsessed with protecting an 11/28 QB from the threat of competition. We just want good QB play, you want Will to be the QB even though he's not what's best for State

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 09:58 PM

Fitz is twice the QB that Will ever thought of being. He knew when to nut up. Will is not now nor ever gonna be a gamer. He's had his chance. It's time for him to grab a clipboard.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 10:00 PM
Dude you're the one obsessed with protecting an 11/28 QB from the threat of competition. We just want good QB play, you want Will to be the QB even though he's not what's best for State

Competition? He has beat everyone who has competed against him on the roster? Literally all of them since he took over after Costello turned it over 6 times. No one is against competition

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 10:00 PM

The reason Wright comes in is because Will won't nut up and take over a game. The staff has no option.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 10:01 PM
The reason Wright comes in is because Will won't nut up and take over a game. The staff has no option.

Yeah the offense looks totally the same with Wright and will. Will runs a lot of reverse passes and power read. Midline option too.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 10:03 PM
Fitz is twice the QB that Will ever thought of being. He knew when to nut up. Will is not now nor ever gonna be a gamer. He's had his chance. It's time for him to grab a clipboard.

They both will hold records and they both have won. How State would it be to complain forever about not being able to pass but then bench our all time leading passer

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 10:03 PM
Yeah the offense looks totally the same with Wright and will. Will runs a lot of reverse passes and power read. Midline option too.

the offense DOES look different! when wright comes in the offense moves the sticks and scores a TD; when Will is in we're 11/28 with 5 sacks and no TD.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 10:04 PM
They both will hold records and they both have won. How State would it be to complain forever about not being able to pass but then bench our all time leading passer

11/28 103 yards and 5 sacks

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 10:05 PM
the offense DOES look different! when wright comes in the offense moves the sticks and scores a TD; when Will is in we're 11/28 with 5 sacks and no TD.

No, no it doesn?t. And im not even going to begin to go back and forth on that.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 10:07 PM
11/28 103 yards and 5 sacks

Yeah. Most wins vs ranked teams most comebacks most passing yards most passing TDs. See how that works

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 10:13 PM
Yeah. Most wins vs ranked teams most comebacks most passing yards most passing TDs. See how that works

The problem is that it sn't working anymore, this 11/28 for 103 yards and 5 sacks.

You cant run fro mthe fact Will was absolutely awful. The OL bad? yes. The Wrs not running clean routes? Sure. But 11/28 with overthrows and underthrows is Will being awful

Tater
09-16-2023, 10:14 PM

How can you want 9 more games of what you saw today?

What was the last game you watched Will play and would say... I want that out of my QB every game? 2021 Auburn?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 10:23 PM

Oh and another thing. First you say a QB is no more important than a LG because its a team sport, but now you want to give Will the credit for all his wins and stats? You're such a hypocrite

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 10:29 PM
You need to take a break and back away from the keyboard and go spend some time with your family.

TheLostDawg
09-16-2023, 10:30 PM
Competition? He has beat everyone who has competed against him on the roster? Literally all of them since he took over after Costello turned it over 6 times. No one is against competition

Was glad leach made the change and stuck with it. Arnett brought this on himself not letting Wright play more towards the end/4th quarter when the game was out of hand.
Not sure how long Arnett is going to last. Keeps having growing pains. The fact that he didn't tell Rogers to get the ball off on the questionable catch was dumb. Then Arnett wanted to go for it on fourth down the next drive from further than that third down would have been.

TheLostDawg
09-16-2023, 10:35 PM
And by that I mean we'd have a better comparison of our two qb. Now we have an uproar of who the qb should be and no one really knows because he didn't play Wright more. Your right Arnett 's loyalty to Rogers might be why, promising him whatever to come back. That may be his downfall. Hurt himself before getting started. Again growing pains learning on the job. One reason why most hires are prior hc. We keep getting burned on these coordinators. I hope that it works out for Arnett but this is part of the process of having a HC with no HC experience

SilentSteel16
09-16-2023, 10:35 PM
I wish some of you would transfer out. I work with a whole bunch of LSU fans and some of you are worse. What these 18-23 yr old kids do on a field any given Saturday, does not affect my day. If we win great, if we don?t then so be it. Some of you just need a life and quit hating on these kids. If you are indeed so passionate about coaching then you need to go get into coaching otherwise shut up and sit down.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 10:36 PM
How can you want 9 more games of what you saw today?

What was the last game you watched Will play and would say... I want that out of my QB every game? 2021 Auburn?

This is a damning post

msstate7
09-16-2023, 10:37 PM
I wish some of you would transfer out. I work with a whole bunch of LSU fans and some of you are worse. What these 18-23 yr old kids do on a field any given Saturday, does not affect my day. If we win great, if we don?t then so be it. Some of you just need a life and quit hating on these kids. If you are indeed so passionate about coaching then you need to go get into coaching otherwise shut up and sit down.

Maybe your should just leave a board if you hate the posts so much

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 10:40 PM
This is a damning post

This is what I've finally realized. He's Kellen Moore in the SEC. His stats vs SEC teams would also be damning. I can think of more games that Will lost for us or tried to lose than I can think of that he took over for us

RezDog7
09-16-2023, 10:41 PM
Let 6 pack and elite dawgs coach our QBs

I would have just benched the starter.

SilentSteel16
09-16-2023, 10:44 PM
Our offense is not built or schemed to play from behind, our new scheme is not built to play from behind. If you don?t stretch the field it does not matter who is taking snaps. If you take 3 steps back and have to move laterally ever play because a lineman is getting beat then-it doesn?t matter who is receiving the snap. Especially when your receivers are running 7-9 yard routes. Say all you want it was an all around ass whipping today. Not one side of the ball was better than the rest. Playing off of receivers and expecting a safety to cover is not a recipe for success.

War Machine Dawg
09-16-2023, 10:47 PM

"You must spread some rep around..."

RockyDog
09-16-2023, 10:51 PM
You need to take a break and back away from the keyboard and go spend some time with your family.

Wyatt is too busy defending his boy

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 10:52 PM

But a message board DOES affect your day?

https://media.tenor.com/n0gDJ3fahf4AAAAC/the-rock-eye-roll.gif

msstate7
09-16-2023, 10:53 PM
But a message board DOES affect your day?

https://media.tenor.com/n0gDJ3fahf4AAAAC/the-rock-eye-roll.gif

Nailed it haha

War Machine Dawg
09-16-2023, 10:54 PM

Useless. Let's rip on fans for being fans.

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 10:54 PM

I don’t buy this whole argument anymore. These kids are simipro athletes now, a lot of them make 2-3 times what I make and that’s not including all the benefits from the university to play this sport. Most of us are extremely invested time, energy, financially, prayerfully. These boys have to step up or move aside because there is to much invested by everyone including the players.

War Machine Dawg
09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
I don’t buy this whole argument anymore. These kids are simipro athletes now, a lot of them make 2-3 times what I make and that’s not including all the benefits from the university to play this sport. Most of us are extremely invested time, energy, financially, prayerfully. These boys have to step up or move aside because there is to much invested by everyone including the players.

Yep. Once you start accepting money to play a game, you lose any protection afforded as an "amateur" athlete. It may have been farcical for at least 15 years before NIL, but it was at least still a fig leaf of cover. Now take the heat or leave. Treat the programs and players as mercs, because that's what they are.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2023, 11:05 PM
I love how Will represents us he?s a classy good dude and a pretty good passer. Wills problem is he has zero escape ability, he?s just not athletic and that?s not his fault it?s just genetics. I?ve watched qbs all day long escape and make plays that wills just not capable of making. Will gives us everything he has and balls out and is a great competitor, but in this day and age you have to have a mobile qb. We got a lot of issues to fix on both sides of the ball let?s hope we can get some things fixed and I hope Will can find a way to help give us a successful season because we need him if we?re gonna do anything this year.

TheLostDawg
09-16-2023, 11:10 PM
Our offense is not built or schemed to play from behind, our new scheme is not built to play from behind. If you don?t stretch the field it does not matter who is taking snaps. If you take 3 steps back and have to move laterally ever play because a lineman is getting beat then-it doesn?t matter who is receiving the snap. Especially when your receivers are running 7-9 yard routes. Say all you want it was an all around ass whipping today. Not one side of the ball was better than the rest. Playing off of receivers and expecting a safety to cover is not a recipe for success.

This goes back to Arnett. He should have hired a better o line coach. He should have hired a DC that's held that position before. I get that he wanted to keep his system, fine. Then you call the plays and teach your DC. Don't just throw him out there day one.

For now, they better put something together because it's looking ugly right now.

And to silent, maybe you should be. I donate a lot of money to MSU and spend a lot of money in Starkville many weekend during the year as do a lot on this board. As someone mentioned, they are not only getting paid now but get health, dental, room, board, etc. Do you know how much college costs these days? They get this for playing a sport that we're supporting. I challenge you to start putting money in the BI (bulldog initiative since you probably don't know what that means) and then get back to me if you think we should"transfer"

Tater
09-16-2023, 11:31 PM
I love how Will represents us he?s a classy good dude and a pretty good passer. Wills problem is he has zero escape ability, he?s just not athletic and that?s not his fault it?s just genetics. I?ve watched qbs all day long escape and make plays that wills just not capable of making. Will gives us everything he has and balls out and is a great competitor, but in this day and age you have to have a mobile qb. We got a lot of issues to fix on both sides of the ball let?s hope we can get some things fixed and I hope Will can find a way to help give us a successful season because we need him if we?re gonna do anything this year.

There's been plenty of those who bleed Maroon. Will is no different. He's gifted with talents more than most. But he just simply doesn't have enough talents anymore to compete at the level we need. He needs to just plant his feet and throw because his footwork doesn't extend any play. He has the drive to win and get better; however he don't got the tools.

I don't know if Wright does, but I don't want to watch another single digit yard performance again. Too much money goes to this school for that. Iowa has a better offense to watch than we do right now. That's not good.

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 11:36 PM
He had 33 yards passing in the first half. 33. Damn, Starkville High QB could do better than that.

SilentSteel16
09-16-2023, 11:48 PM
This goes back to Arnett. He should have hired a better o line coach. He should have hired a DC that's held that position before. I get that he wanted to keep his system, fine. Then you call the plays and teach your DC. Don't just throw him out there day one.

For now, they better put something together because it's looking ugly right now.

And to silent, maybe you should be. I donate a lot of money to MSU and spend a lot of money in Starkville many weekend during the year as do a lot on this board. As someone mentioned, they are not only getting paid now but get health, dental, room, board, etc. Do you know how much college costs these days? They get this for playing a sport that we're supporting. I challenge you to start putting money in the BI (bulldog initiative since you probably don't know what that means) and then get back to me if you think we should"transfer"

Ha my man you are so far off you might as well be in space. I am CURRENTLY paying for 2 students attending Mississippi State. I know all to well what it costs being that one is on campus with a little bit of scholarship help 25 on ACT (freshman) so living on campus. And my oldest is getting his Masters in Aerospace engineering. And thankfully Aurora is helping a little there.

So unless you know something for fact don?t try and get personal. I have given Mississippi State roughly 350k in my lifetime between my wife?s degree and post grad degree and now working on getting my second kid through school. And I WILL NOT be donating a single dollar to BI, have not nor will I ever. If they want to take a portion of my season tickets as BI that is one thing but I WILL NOT directly give to any affiliate that is in the process of ruining amateur athletics. It was always suspect now it is outright a business and school tuitions are going up due to it.

Also, I played collegiate sports and I know what it takes to maintain academic standards while playing a sport in college. I did it without pay and still paid off my student loans inside of 5 years post grad. It can be done without handouts.

Pancho
09-17-2023, 05:26 AM
I think SilentSteel16 is onto something. The big screen TV and the blackstone grill are nice investments to watch college football. The Admin @ MSU made a rash decision when Leach passed away and the Arnett ego(fueled by visible on field emotion) totally revamped the O and now tells the team to just react and to not show emotion.

Cowbell
09-17-2023, 08:17 AM

Will is not a gamer. He can't man up to the occasion and take over a game. In this day, your QB has to have the ability to take over a game (as LSUs did) when needed.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:17 AM
Oh and another thing. First you say a QB is no more important than a LG because its a team sport, but now you want to give Will the credit for all his wins and stats? You're such a hypocrite

I guess the same way you take it all away from
Him. It took a team effort to do all of those good records and it took a team
Effort to make all of those bad ones yesterday

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:21 AM

The vast majority of them could care less about you or if we win or lose. Coaches have absolutely no leverage on them anymore. College football is dead, I will still watch and j will still enjoy the good times because I love State. But it?s over.

vindastra
09-17-2023, 08:21 AM
I guess the same way you take it all away from
Him. It took a team effort to do all of those good records and it took a team
Effort to make all of those bad ones yesterday

Highly Doubt. It was not like the WRs were dropping balls that hit their chests (Fitz), it just was no where in the vicinity. Starts and end with the QB.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:24 AM
Highly Doubt. It was not like the WRs were dropping balls that hit their chests (Fitz), it just was no where in the vicinity. Starts and end with the QB.

Yeah they were great just like they were in 22

sleepy dawg
09-17-2023, 09:36 AM
There's a lot of issues. The answer to none of them is Will. We must move on from him and it's way past time.

Maverick91
09-17-2023, 11:28 AM
The vast majority of them could care less about you or if we win or lose. Coaches have absolutely no leverage on them anymore. College football is dead, I will still watch and j will still enjoy the good times because I love State. But it?s over.

Man I won’t disagree. But at the end of the day markets speak and when the coach sits you and you don’t perform guess what evenly runs out the money. NIL will stop once you stop playing or performing.