PDA

View Full Version : Here is the bottom line guys. we will find out next week about our coaches and team

99jc
09-16-2023, 08:00 PM
if Arnett goes full stubborn JOMO and does not make changes, we all know is needed it will tell us a lot about him and his future at MSU. I will hold my final decision after South Carolina. Arnett this was your only free pass now show us some balls. that is all now go feed your chickens.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 08:02 PM
We have seen over the past 3 games.

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 08:05 PM
3 games, shitty total team effort at every level.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 08:08 PM
We're gonna win next week, ,blacksails is gonna kick his dog, and I'm gonna call peta on him

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:10 PM
We been saying that for 3 weeks. I think we already know. Guess after this week we'll find out if CZA is Moorhead stupid or if he has a chance to be a HC.

Learn from Saban, when it ain't working, try something else. Saban has went full Spurrier down to third string QB in 3 games.

RockyDog
09-16-2023, 08:18 PM
If Arnett wants to ride Noodle to the unemployment line then it will be a very easy decision for our administration.

preachermatt83
09-18-2023, 09:43 PM
If we lose to usc e then we need to replace the entire staff

StarkVegasSteve
09-18-2023, 09:51 PM
Let us all remember that even Moorhead wised up every once in a while (Auburn and A&M in 18). Does not mean he was a good coach. I need to see this staff change their approach over a number of weeks instead of just a one off game.

Offshore Dawg
09-19-2023, 06:52 PM
Are there enough coaching pills to go around.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2023, 06:58 PM

We are losing. Question is how bad do they beat us?

MagicDawg
09-19-2023, 07:52 PM
Forgive the moral victory perspective, but there is losing like a winner and there is losing like a loser.

When we lost to LSU in 2009, we lost like winners. Coaches and team -- prepared, executed, made some mistakes, came up short. "Relentless effort."
When we lost to LSU in 2023, we lost like losers. Coaches and team -- unprepared, general lack of effort, error-ridden, not even close. "Clueless."

I would love to think that there is a different level of preparation and effort coming on Saturday.
I do not doubt that CZA and the coordinators and coaches and Will and the whole team hate to lose.
I'm pretty sure they are all hurt and embarrassed and hot under the collar and hate that they sucked so badly in front of everybody.
The question is: what will they change and do differently to be better?
Hating to lose isn't enough.
What are you going to do to win each down?

I hope we see something different. It feels Croomesque at the moment, just looking from the outside.

TrapGame
09-19-2023, 07:59 PM
Let us all remember that even Moorhead wised up every once in a while (Auburn and A&M in 18). Does not mean he was a good coach. I need to see this staff change their approach over a number of weeks instead of just a one off game.

That wasn't Moorhead. That was Hud and the OL coach trying to prove a point to a stubborn jackass. And even after all that Moorhead went right back to his shitty offense.

Bothrops
09-19-2023, 08:34 PM

Replace them with who?

CaptainObvious
09-19-2023, 08:46 PM
Replace them with who?

Red Boulieaux

Mjoelner34
09-19-2023, 08:52 PM
Red Boulieaux

Only if he brings Mr. Coach Klein's green notebook with him.

Pancho
09-19-2023, 08:54 PM
Just watch the press conference. They are going to continue wit the plan and this time they hope it yields better results. gotta get all on the same page and everything. nothing major

StarkVegasSteve
09-19-2023, 09:14 PM
Just watch the press conference. They are going to continue wit the plan and this time they hope it yields better results. gotta get all on the same page and everything. nothing major

I just have to believe we see a different offensive and defensive approach Saturday. If not, then there really is not a reason to keep this staff around any longer than the bye week. They obviously would rather lose their way than win in a way that is not completely theirs. Which, strangely enough, is exactly what Mike Leach preaches. However, they need to wake up a realize they are not Mike Leach.

Pancho
09-19-2023, 09:31 PM
I do hope you are correct but at this point, I do not think they have anything else in mind.

vindastra
09-19-2023, 09:32 PM
As for me, I am completely resigned to see the same game all over again.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2023, 10:41 PM
As for me, I am completely resigned to see the same game all over again.

At this point I'm just gonna watch to see how stubborn or not our coach is. Of course I would love to win, but I know that's not happening. I want to see if there's any hope left or is this a worse situation than JoMo/Croom.

SPMT
09-19-2023, 10:45 PM

Needs to be through the end of the year. Right now, we are trending down. And we clearly look lost sinc week one. We will luck into a few more wins.

TrapGame
09-20-2023, 08:28 AM
At this point I'm just gonna watch to see how stubborn or not our coach is. Of course I would love to win, but I know that's not happening. I want to see if there's any hope left or is this a worse situation than JoMo/Croom.

"You need to give him a year to get adjusted." is the common theme I'm hearing from the instate sports media. So, if we go 4-8 does that mean he's adjusted and next season will be better? No. There needs to be improvement throughout the season. Changes on offense and defense. A clue must be found somewhere in this season for a 6-6/5-7 outcome. Improvements have to be seen. Going 4-8 and looking like shit in every game, including the very few we win, is not improvement.

SPMT
09-20-2023, 11:13 AM
if Arnett goes full stubborn JOMO and does not make changes, we all know is needed it will tell us a lot about him and his future at MSU. I will hold my final decision after South Carolina. Arnett this was your only free pass now show us some balls. that is all now go feed your chickens.

And then the next game and the next. We will be saying the same thing. 99% of these coaches will not adapt from what I?ve always seen. If Arnett does, then he has a chance.

What they are doing is as bad as Croom and Jomo.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2023, 01:08 PM
"You need to give him a year to get adjusted." is the common theme I'm hearing from the instate sports media. So, if we go 4-8 does that mean he's adjusted and next season will be better? No. There needs to be improvement throughout the season. Changes on offense and defense. A clue must be found somewhere in this season for a 6-6/5-7 outcome. Improvements have to be seen. Going 4-8 and looking like shit in every game, including the very few we win, is not improvement.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TrapGame again.

Jarius
09-20-2023, 01:35 PM

If we go 4-8 and he isn't fired I will not go to another football game until he is fired, and so will almost everyone else in the fanbase. He's got 9 more games to prove he deserves 1 more year as a head coach. He had better get to 6 wins if he wants to remain in his current position, and even 6 will have him on a scalding hot seat for next year. I'd rather him go 4-8 than 6-6 if I'm being honest.

Schultzy
09-20-2023, 11:11 PM
I don’t think we melted this bad as a fan base in 2018 after the FLA loss, I actually think this team will win 7 reg season games still. Kinda hoping it will be with Wright to get that done but if it’s Will or bust maybe we can improve offensively somehow.

LSU may be the best D in the country.

Todd4State
09-21-2023, 12:00 AM
If we go 4-8 and he isn't fired I will not go to another football game until he is fired, and so will almost everyone else in the fanbase. He's got 9 more games to prove he deserves 1 more year as a head coach. He had better get to 6 wins if he wants to remain in his current position, and even 6 will have him on a scalding hot seat for next year. I'd rather him go 4-8 than 6-6 if I'm being honest.

I don't think Selmon is going to let him come back if we go 4-8. I'm not even sure if 6-6 with an Egg Bowl win would be enough either honestly.

Todd4State
09-21-2023, 12:09 AM

This is a very different situation. He was hired after a tragedy beyond anyone's control and when we also didn't have an AD. On top of that he inherited a 9 win team and IMO more weapons than we had in 2022 at the receiver position and not just one- but two quality SEC QB's. Otherwise there is zero way this group would be our coaches right now. Had Leach retired I really kind of doubt we would have just promoted Arnett. He also took a major risk in changing the scheme especially in light of what this fan base went through with Moorhead. The fact that they lied or at best misled everyone from the fans down to the players isn't going to buy them much grace either if this doesn't work out.

This isn't a situation where we went 2-10 last year and we're just devoid of talent and young in a lot of areas. The media is way off on their assessment of the situation. There is really not much reason on our end to give him a lot of time on our end because he was a stretch as a hire to start with that we were basically hoping we would hit a home run on.

The way this whole thing has played out really has our fan base pretty down right now. I just don't see MSU dragging this out- maybe we find a way to win 6 and then just go get different coordinators but I'll be pretty surprised if he is our coach in 2025.

Pancho
09-21-2023, 07:00 AM
Maybe the LSU game film on both sides of the ball gets lost and none of the other opponents get to see it. This team will be so down mentally that USM could come in and get a W by that late in the season. I have zero confidence in this staff. I mean, if they suddenly change things on both sides of the ball and have success, then why could they as a staff not realize this preseason and implement it then?

CoachT14
09-21-2023, 07:45 AM
Needs to be through the end of the year. Right now, we are trending down. And we clearly look lost sinc week one. We will luck into a few more wins.

It's also not like we looked great in the first game. We were up 20-7 at half. And 27-7 going into the 4th. Let's not act like that was just a dominating performance. We didn't do a thing until the 4th quarter then.

SPMT
09-21-2023, 08:05 AM
It's also not like we looked great in the first game. We were up 20-7 at half. And 27-7 going into the 4th. Let's not act like that was just a dominating performance. We didn't do a thing until the 4th quarter then.

Yeah. Looked completely the same as we do now. Terrible in all facets. That is rarely fixed during the season, just not enough time to do so. Obviously teams often get better, but so do most teams, so result can be the same. Some teams get worse. I would be more surprised if we actually improved versus the team just mentally quitting and packing it in.

TrapGame
09-21-2023, 08:34 AM
This is a very different situation. He was hired after a tragedy beyond anyone's control and when we also didn't have an AD. On top of that he inherited a 9 win team and IMO more weapons than we had in 2022 at the receiver position and not just one- but two quality SEC QB's. Otherwise there is zero way this group would be our coaches right now. Had Leach retired I really kind of doubt we would have just promoted Arnett. He also took a major risk in changing the scheme especially in light of what this fan base went through with Moorhead. The fact that they lied or at best misled everyone from the fans down to the players isn't going to buy them much grace either if this doesn't work out.

This isn't a situation where we went 2-10 last year and we're just devoid of talent and young in a lot of areas. The media is way off on their assessment of the situation. There is really not much reason on our end to give him a lot of time on our end because he was a stretch as a hire to start with that we were basically hoping we would hit a home run on.

The way this whole thing has played out really has our fan base pretty down right now. I just don't see MSU dragging this out- maybe we find a way to win 6 and then just go get different coordinators but I'll be pretty surprised if he is our coach in 2025.

My original thought process was 4-8 and he is 100% gone. Now after reading some other board material I think he's 100% gone at 5-7. He has to finish 6-6 to get next year. This is a royal cluster****. Selmon owes Arnett ZERO. He is not his hire, but his performance reflects upon him. Selmon could solidify his legacy here at State with the next football hire. If Selmon is any kind of AD he's already made calls and has an organization putting out feelers on the down low.

TrapGame
09-21-2023, 08:44 AM
Maybe the LSU game film on both sides of the ball gets lost and none of the other opponents get to see it. This team will be so down mentally that USM could come in and get a W by that late in the season. I have zero confidence in this staff. I mean, if they suddenly change things on both sides of the ball and have success, then why could they as a staff not realize this preseason and implement it then?

Bruh, if we lose to USM and OM in back to back weeks I 100% guarantee you Arnett will not be our head coach next year.

basedog
09-21-2023, 09:03 AM
The biggest issue with this team and in Leach years at Msu, Lack of Team Speed. Most play makers have speed, especially in today's game.

Goldendawg
09-21-2023, 09:10 AM
Yeah. Looked completely the same as we do now. Terrible in all facets. That is rarely fixed during the season, just not enough time to do so. Obviously teams often get better, but so do most teams, so result can be the same. Some teams get worse. I would be more surprised if we actually improved versus the team just mentally quitting and packing it in.

No way this team of so many upper class men can't see this coaching staff from the HC down doesn't know that they don't know what they're doing. Croom/JoMo levels.

CoachT14
09-21-2023, 09:16 AM

If Arnett continues trotting will out there (which seems likely), there's a really good chance he loses the team quickly. And if we go into the Southern Miss game 3-7 with the hope for a bowl game already gone, they are good enough and coached well enough to pull off the upset. This season has disaster written all over it.

And I could very well be wrong. I'd rather be wrong, but I call it like I see it. I saw the same stuff with JOMO early too and it took awhile for some folks to finally realize it. A lot of folks point to the Tennessee game, I saw it the Kentucky and Florida games in year 1. It was obvious. He was preaching certain things, yet our actions in game didn't match up. It's a lot of the same stuff with Arnett so far.

Goldendawg
09-21-2023, 09:17 AM
My original thought process was 4-8 and he is 100% gone. Now after reading some other board material I think he's 100% gone at 5-7. He has to finish 6-6 to get next year. This is a royal cluster****. Selmon owes Arnett ZERO. He is not his hire, but his performance reflects upon him. Selmon could solidify his legacy here at State with the next football hire. If Selmon is any kind of AD he's already made calls and has an organization putting out feelers on the down low.

So our on the job training 1st year AD will fire our on the job training HC after one year? Ok, got it. Maybe our on the job training DC or virtually on the job training OC will be fired after year 1, but I doubt the HC. What would others in the profession think?***. How could we ever get a qualified, experienced HC to come to a SEC school and be paid millions of $?****

Goldendawg
09-21-2023, 09:24 AM
If Arnett continues trotting will out there (which seems likely), there's a really good chance he loses the team quickly. And if we go into the Southern Miss game 3-7 with the hope for a bowl game already gone, they are good enough and coached well enough to pull off the upset. This season has disaster written all over it.

And I could very well be wrong. I'd rather be wrong, but I call it like I see it. I saw the same stuff with JOMO early too and it took awhile for some folks to finally realize it. A lot of folks point to the Tennessee game, I saw it the Kentucky and Florida games in year 1. It was obvious. He was preaching certain things, yet our actions in game didn't match up. It's a lot of the same stuff with Arnett so far.

Many saw this after the KY game. JoMo trying to pound round pegs into square holes as he tried to make Fritz into Joe Namath throwing 40 or so passes in the rain. I had the same feeling at SELA, AZ & LSU. In fact I have the same feeling as after the Tech game as a young man in the "Tech and Ten" year. I hope the staff and team make me eat my words Saturday night and the remainder of the season to at least 7-5, but don't see it yet.

TrapGame
09-21-2023, 09:30 AM
So our on the job training 1st year AD will fire our on the job training HC after one year? Ok, got it. Maybe our on the job training DC or virtually on the job training OC will be fired after year 1, but I doubt the HC. What would others in the profession think?***. How could we ever get a qualified, experienced HC to come to a SEC school and be paid millions of $?****

People said the same thing about firing JoMo after two years with two EB wins and an overall winning record. We got Mike Leach. Again, Selmon owes Arnett ZERO. We made a rash decision after Leach's death. There are extenuating circumstances. And there are coaches out there w/ brass balls who feel like they can do a better job.

I really hope Zach figures out and we have a 6-6 season and a bowl game victory because this could get ugly quick if we start mounting losses, especially if we lose to USM and OM. If that happens all bets are off.

Goldendawg
09-21-2023, 09:56 AM
People said the same thing about firing JoMo after two years with two EB wins and an overall winning record. We got Mike Leach. Again, Selmon owes Arnett ZERO. We made a rash decision after Leach's death. There are extenuating circumstances. And there are coaches out there w/ brass balls who feel like they can do a better job.

I really hope Zach figures out and we have a 6-6 season and a bowl game victory because this could get ugly quick if we start mounting losses, especially if we lose to USM and OM. If that happens all bets are off.

Hope you are correct except 6-6 is a failure for any State coach (JMO). That means 4-0 OOC (with what are usually cupcakes) and a 2-6 failure in your own conference, especially if one of the 6 losses is a bad one to OM. The 2-6 is even worse if you look like crap, not even competitive and are totally lost (LSU). Saw we are adding Toledo for a $1.2 million payday for them. We may wipe out the Mac (if we beat Western MI, LOL). Sure that will be another 11:00 KO with a 2/3 full stadium.

Offshore Dawg
09-21-2023, 12:27 PM

you see 6 wins ??

Goldendawg
09-21-2023, 01:20 PM
The biggest issue with this team and in Leach years at Msu, Lack of Team Speed. Most play makers have speed, especially in today's game.

I have been reading and hearing for years now much speed we have including this year. We must have several guys with 4.4 to 4.5 track speed instead of FB speed. We have no speed at LB and all SEC opponents know it. The 3-3-5 is geared for the DL to eat up space and LB's to make the tackles and I don't know where any QB pressures or lord forbid a sack comes from. There is also an elephant in the room on how the LB's lead the conference in tackles. A high number of them are made 5 to 8 yards down the field.

TrapGame
09-21-2023, 01:22 PM
you see 6 wins ??

Honestly? No.

Dawgology
09-22-2023, 08:33 AM

I think this point is THE point that is being missed. The administration, as well as our big-money boosters, need to realize that, for once, the fanbase is financially invested in the program. If they make hires based on "getting an in" to the program or based on "he's a Mississippi boy" only to have sub-average returns, the fanbase will stop showing up and pull their NIL donations. Then, it all goes away very quickly. MSU Football has progressed (slowly) as a program over the past decade, but there has been progress. We now EXPECT to go to a bowl game. That's a baseline. Unfortunately, missing one will put us back MUCH further than most programs in the SEC. Even with consistent bowl appearances and wins, the media STILL picks us last every single season, with a handful beginning to recognize we are not the floor of the West anymore. A losing season followed by another questionable coaching hire will derail everything, and we will be restarting like it's 2008 all over again. I, for one, don't have the interest to follow that all over gain and I think many in the fanbase feel the same way.