PDA

View Full Version : Fighters chance

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 07:38 PM
Well that freaking sucked and I will be the first to say I had it wrong very wrong, but not for the reasons I thought we would win.

I believed walking into this season we had the team to win 10 games. Nothing building up to this season outside of losing Leach said anything otherwise. This is probably where I will lose some of you but we can still have a 9-10 win season. It only happens if things turn around this week.

1. We all love Will and respect him as a person and the things he has done. But as the horse has been beat for the past three years he has a noodle arm and I don?t think he is all that accurate. Last week and this week proved that.
2. Our defense plays a complimentary style of defense not a take over a game no matter what the offense is doing. That being said if the offense sucks more than likely our defense eventually will suck.
3. I could make an argument to continue playing Will IF and only IF he didn?t miss the throws that he should hit. 4th year starter shouldn?t be making the overthrows he was making, he looks like a freshman out there and that?s unacceptable.

This all being said, unless this staff is going to go full air raid to round out this season or they get Will to sit with a psychologist this week to fix his mind. Arnett must sit Will, there is no way this board is the only State fans that finds Will inept he has the support of the fan base. The only reason I can see Arnett not making this move is if he KNOWS without a shadow of doubt that locker room will be lost. If that?s the case then we have bigger problems than winning.

If Arnett is able to make the move to Wright. He might not be anymore accurate on deeper passes but I promise you he will be as accurate as Will on the short to intermediate stuff. In fact it probably will seem better than Will because he will naturally have more throws due to being able to extend plays to allow WRs to get open. Also, if the throw isn?t there then heck get 5-10 yards scrambling.

If Arentt makes this change our defense automatically becomes better and we are competitive. I do not believe in playing Parson, I do want him to get reps when he can this year. But let him see what this offense will look like with him running it next year. Get him excited to be the starter for the next four years.

We must make this move to keep the fans in it. I was so beside myself during this game. You cannot tell me it wasn?t winnable because it was and it makes you want to throw up. But the season is still ahead of us, I said it this week I don?t think the SEC west comes out clean I think everyone will have 2 losses. I will be surprised otherwise.

Let?s fix our issues and beat SC East and see where the chips fall.

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 07:44 PM
Changes must be made now. CZA has made none in 3 weeks. Season looks bleak but the SEC is so weak, we can bounce back if action is taken. I mean Bama is as bad since 2007 when Croom beat Saban in Davis Wade. At this point, LSU is hands down the best team in SECW which is weak this year.

UT has looked like crap all year. UF opening a can on them LSU/MSU style.

I'll save my QB comments for another thread.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 07:46 PM
I had us going 8-4 with a loss to LSU but I thought we'd look better than this. We play like that the rest of the season and we're only winning 4 games.

If Arnett wants to keep his job beyond this year he needs to play Wright and tell Barbay tailor the offense around him. And he needs to take the DC play calling away from Brock.

memsu06
09-16-2023, 07:54 PM
I've defended Will a lot, but he needs a clean pocket to make his throws. The OL isn't giving him that and Will being Will is afraid to get hit. I really hate it for the kid, but I really would like to see him with more determination.

The Air Raid gave Will a clean pocket since defenses dropped 8 and it gave Will time to thread the ball to the green grass areas where receivers should be.

Leach was onto something with keeping offense plays simple. Short quick plays to keep defenses from having time to sack the QB.

We're in a Jomo situation now with the offense we're running. I don't think Will and the receivers are even on the same page. That's not helping Will either.

Basically we need to block better, work on simplifying the offense to get Will and the receivers on the same page.

Mike might be the better option because him evading the blitz will give more time for receivers to get open.

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 10:01 PM
I've defended Will a lot, but he needs a clean pocket to make his throws. The OL isn't giving him that and Will being Will is afraid to get hit. I really hate it for the kid, but I really would like to see him with more determination.

The Air Raid gave Will a clean pocket since defenses dropped 8 and it gave Will time to thread the ball to the green grass areas where receivers should be.

Leach was onto something with keeping offense plays simple. Short quick plays to keep defenses from having time to sack the QB.

We're in a Jomo situation now with the offense we're running. I don't think Will and the receivers are even on the same page. That's not helping Will either.

Basically we need to block better, work on simplifying the offense to get Will and the receivers on the same page.

Mike might be the better option because him evading the blitz will give more time for receivers to get open.

This is my main reason for wanting the change and I agree with your assessment of Will and what he needs to succeed. This year he just isn’t going to get that. If the receivers can’t ge the routes down perfectly then going to Wright makes more sense because it becomes backyard ball anyways when the QB breaks the pocket.