PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say or admit

basedog
09-16-2023, 07:37 PM
But we are the worse team right now in the Sec. We have no confidence right now and we are really confused. The thing is, it could get worse with another loss.
Gotta shake things up Coach Arnett, most are pulling for you so do the right thing in showing you care and are willing to change.

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 07:47 PM
CZA gotta nut up now. No more coach speak. At least Saban just showed Bama nation all his cards to today on what he has known for months - he has noQB. We only know Will ain't it. Show us Zack. The limited MW action looks bad for you.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 07:47 PM
I'm afraid after the next two weeks, Arnett is gonna lose the team.

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 07:50 PM

I watched body language today in first half and sidelines and I'm telling you the team is already lost if Will stays out there. No one is fooled. They ain't going to say anything publically but they know they can't win with Will out there. This is a major problem for the locker room and team morale.

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 08:04 PM
The fact no one on defense will say it, means we are a loser of a team. Top to bottom. Will couldn?t complete a screen pass today. Mr. 17n Checkdown couldn?t complete a screen pass.

Where is the leadership? Yeah, Rogers has been the guy for 3 years. Guess what, we didn?t win shit then either.

As long as Rogers is the QB, I am not a MSU fan.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2023, 08:05 PM
I watched body language today in first half and sidelines and I'm telling you the team is already lost if Will stays out there. No one is fooled. They ain't going to say anything publically but they know they can't win with Will out there. This is a major problem for the locker room and team morale.

Yep. It's unfortunate, but is what it is.

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:45 PM

If CZA loses this team; this will be why. Not because we lose a few more games; it will be because he hasn't acted on what he is preaching to the team. When you actions don't match our beliefs, you get a toxic culture.

Some of his comments right after game not a good sign. He tried to blame all on OL. Yes OL could do some better but that ain't the big issue. We pressured Daniels some today too but he moved around and made plays. Will can't move, I mean at all. Love Will's heart for MSU but he ain't a D1 QB. There is a reason no one else wanted him out of high school but Leach.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 08:48 PM
The fact no one on defense will say it, means we are a loser of a team. Top to bottom. Will couldn?t complete a screen pass today. Mr. 17n Checkdown couldn?t complete a screen pass.

Where is the leadership? Yeah, Rogers has been the guy for 3 years. Guess what, we didn?t win shit then either.

As long as Rogers is the QB, I am not a MSU fan.

Dude you are losing it. What did Will do to you personally

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 08:50 PM

You are just coming up with stuff. The kid is a team captain for a reason. And it?s not because he has dirt on Arnett. If anything, this staff at the very least stretched the truth to get him to stay. More like flat out lied

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-16-2023, 08:51 PM
But we are the worse team right now in the Sec. We have no confidence right now and we are really confused. The thing is, it could get worse with another loss.
Gotta shake things up Coach Arnett, most are pulling for you so do the right thing in showing you care and are willing to change.

Maybe Zach shouldn't have shortened practices in the spring and fall when installing a new offense.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 09:31 PM
Maybe Zach shouldn't have shortened practices in the spring and fall when installing a new offense.
I'm afraid Zach is lost. I don't know whether he is or not, but I'm afraid so.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2023, 09:41 PM

And they know Wright ain't the answer too. The only hope in this all was that Will could handle it. That's gone now. Just start Wright and see where it goes.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 09:44 PM

Did that really happen?? If so, that's almost a replay of JoMo.

Don't tell me next he moved them indoors cause the heat of August was too much for him too **

CrazyEyeKilla
09-16-2023, 09:48 PM
Nm.

CrazyEyeKilla
09-16-2023, 09:50 PM
You are just coming up with stuff. The kid is a team captain for a reason. And it?s not because he has dirt on Arnett. If anything, this staff at the very least stretched the truth to get him to stay. More like flat out lied

Hahahaha. Where was will gonna go? Memphis? Please enlighten us.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:52 PM
Hahahaha. Where was will gonna go? Memphis? Please enlighten us.

They say its better not to speak and dont let everyone know you?re a fool than open your
Mouth and prove it

CrazyEyeKilla
09-16-2023, 09:57 PM
So you can?t enilighten us on your wisdom. Thanks.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:58 PM
So you can?t enilighten us on your wisdom. Thanks.

Oh I can. Im just not gonna re post it just to enlighten you oh un enlightened one. Go see your local monk

CrazyEyeKilla
09-16-2023, 10:00 PM
Oh I can. Im just not gonna re post it just to enlighten you oh un enlightened one. Go see your local monk
You need to get over yourself man. Jesus.

PGHBulldogBG
09-16-2023, 10:04 PM
Everyone is so quick to blame Will, but we have many many other issues on both sides of the ball. Will Friend should have never been hired here and neither should Barbay. I didn?t want Barbay as OC the same reason I didn?t want Moorhead. They both had talent advantages and that?s why they won. You want coaches from smaller conferences that win with a talent deficit.

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 10:17 PM

Why the crap would he shorten practice? That doesn’t even make sense.

parabrave
09-17-2023, 01:24 AM
Hey Base you were at State in the early 70s. Are they that bad now/

basedog
09-17-2023, 01:43 AM
Hey Base you were at State in the early 70s. Are they that bad now/

This offense is the worse.

Pancho
09-17-2023, 05:09 AM
wonder how all the experts who picked state to finish last in the west knew? A rash decision made in a terrible situation(Leach death)is producing harrowing results.

CoachT14
09-17-2023, 08:14 AM

Either shut it or spill it.

Doesn?t matter either way. You?re so full of shite. You might be the least objective human being on this board and it?s not even close. You will straight up lie to defend Will. You would tell us the sky is green and grass is blue if Will claimed it was.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 08:27 AM
Will isn't the only issue, but when you have oline issues, Will's lack of escape/extend play ability is raised to the 3rd power

redstickdawg
09-17-2023, 08:45 AM
Either shut it or spill it.

Doesn?t matter either way. You?re so full of shite. You might be the least objective human being on this board and it?s not even close. You will straight up lie to defend Will. You would tell us the sky is green and grass is blue if Will claimed it was.

I agree at this point he is just trolling trying to stir folks up. No one can deny that we have a major issue that starts with the QB, until that is addressed nothing else will change. We need to stop feeding the troll.

msudawg1200
09-17-2023, 08:54 AM
Everyone is so quick to blame Will, but we have many many other issues on both sides of the ball. Will Friend should have never been hired here and neither should Barbay. I didn?t want Barbay as OC the same reason I didn?t want Moorhead. They both had talent advantages and that?s why they won. You want coaches from smaller conferences that win with a talent deficit.

What did Barbay win? App St went 6-6 is his one year there which is by far their worst record since moving to D-1A in 2014. By far the worst. Weren't bowl eligible. Methinks App St was glad to see him go.

TrapGame
09-17-2023, 09:03 AM
Will isn't the only issue, but when you have oline issues, Will's lack of escape/extend play ability is raised to the 3rd power

A decent QB with legs evades most of those sacks yesterday. One of those sacks in the second quarter (IIRC) was a complete Screw You! to Will and the offense. The entire left side of the field was wide freaking open with green grass. Will took the sack looking for an open receiver while still in the pocket. A QB with legs hits that open grass for 20-25 yards before he's touched. LSU's DC knew he had nothing to worry about.

msstate7
09-17-2023, 09:08 AM
What did Barbay win? App St went 6-6 is his one year there which is by far their worst record since moving to D-1A in 2014. By far the worst. Weren't bowl eligible. Methinks App St was glad to see him go.

App state last year...
22nd in scoring offense
67th in scoring defense

The lost 2 games where they scored 61 and 48

FISHDAWG
09-17-2023, 09:32 AM

This.... not defending or promoting Will here - just reminding everyone we won 9 games with him last year in a system he was recruited to play..... QB position is only part of a much larger problem. That system is no longer and therefore we need to adapt .... I'm afraid that changing QB's now is akin to putting a bandaid on a cut that needs stitches but better than doing nothing at all. .... the QB is the easy target but I'm afraid it's going to take a much more drastic change.... either change the offense or change the architect of the offense.... and I'm not overlooking the defense either.... plenty of change needed that will only continue to bear itself out .... this will take longer than most have the patience for including me

msudawg1200
09-17-2023, 09:47 AM
App state last year...
22nd in scoring offense
67th in scoring defense

The lost 2 games where they scored 61 and 48

Yeah, and that was the 3rd highest total in a 5 year period at App State. Barbay was average there not some great taker of less talent and killing it. The last five years App St has averaged 2022-34.9(Barbay) 2021-34.5 2020-33.8 2019-38.8 2018-37.3. Barbay is average and for the SEC very bad.

Ranchdawg
09-17-2023, 10:02 AM
What in the wild world of sports is our secondary coach and defense head coach thinking playing our corners 7 to 10 yards off the opposing receivers. That lets teams march down the field and get to the red zone quicker. I know a lot of defense coordinators allow this because once in the red zone the field is shortened thus easier to cover. But against LSU Bama Georgia ect. we don?t have the talent to stop talented teams from scoring once in the red zone. Stupid

Pancho
09-17-2023, 10:12 AM
We can't prevent them from gettin 12-15 yards from anywhere on the field.

Tater
09-17-2023, 10:23 AM
What in the wild world of sports is our secondary coach and defense head coach thinking playing our corners 7 to 10 yards off the opposing receivers. That lets teams march down the field and get to the red zone quicker. I know a lot of defense coordinators allow this because once in the red zone the field is shortened thus easier to cover. But against LSU Bama Georgia ect. we don?t have the talent to stop talented teams from scoring once in the red zone. Stupid

We ran 3 down lineman at the 1 yard line. We were sold a lie in fall interviews.

NCMSTFAN
09-17-2023, 10:31 AM
This.... not defending or promoting Will here - just reminding everyone we won 9 games with him last year in a system he was recruited to play..... QB position is only part of a much larger problem. That system is no longer and therefore we need to adapt .... I'm afraid that changing QB's now is akin to putting a bandaid on a cut that needs stitches but better than doing nothing at all. .... the QB is the easy target but I'm afraid it's going to take a much more drastic change.... either change the offense or change the architect of the offense.... and I'm not overlooking the defense either.... plenty of change needed that will only continue to bear itself out .... this will take longer than most have the patience for including me

Have you not been watching the same games we have? Yes there are other problems on this team but Wills play is the biggest problem, he looked horrible yesterday. Insert a QB who can run like Wright and alot of this sacks a hurry ups don't happen

FISHDAWG
09-17-2023, 01:49 PM
Have you not been watching the same games we have? Yes there are other problems on this team but Wills play is the biggest problem, he looked horrible yesterday. Insert a QB who can run like Wright and alot of this sacks a hurry ups don't happen

You're talking about the band aid that I referenced by changing QB's and if you reread what I said you will note that I said it was better than doing nothing.... I agree that we need to try Wright or how else will we know.... my point was it's going to take more of a change than just the QB position .... more like change the entire offense or the coordinator position.

DownwardDawg
09-17-2023, 01:58 PM

It's not Will's fault. This coaching staff absolutely blows. From the top down. We look exactly like we did during the Croom years so far. It only took a few games back then to know we were screwed, so don't give me the "it's only been 3 games" BS. When you know you know.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 02:24 PM

Yep. took a 10-4 team with returning sr QB and RBs and only won 3 conference games.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 02:27 PM
We ran 3 down lineman at the 1 yard line. We were sold a lie in fall interviews.

We were.

BlackSailsDawg
09-17-2023, 02:28 PM

The whole team looked bad. From wrong routes to the RB again not picking up blocks. Rogers was 76% last week.

This isn't a Rogers issue. This is an issue from the TOP down!

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2023, 02:59 PM
Dude you are losing it. What did Will do to you personally

Will has done nothing to me personally. I love the kid, but even with how much I support him, pull for him, or wish he would play the best QB that the sec has ever seen for the next 12 games, it doesn?t change the fact that Will is not getting it done on the field when it matters.

Every single game I have watched this season has better QBs. Doesn?t matter the conference, teams, whatever. There is always a qb in the game that would make us better.

I would take Arizonas QB right now. He would be better after a week of practice than Will going through spring and fall.

NCMSTFAN
09-17-2023, 04:08 PM
The whole team looked bad. From wrong routes to the RB again not picking up blocks. Rogers was 76% last week.

This isn't a Rogers issue. This is an issue from the TOP down!

This isn't a Rogers issue? I really wish the Rogers fans would stop with this. I like Rogers myself, he is a true bulldog and a good kid!

That being said Will Rogers looks horrible and needs to be benched, his style fit the Air Raid that he ran in high school and with Leach but after 3 games we have film showing how bad he is in this offense. Will deserves blame, he is missing throws, throwing too high, not able to escape pressure. Stop ignoring what we all see. I will agree our coaching is atrocious also but for people to say "this isn't a Rogers issue" is absolutely ridiculous.

Jarius
09-17-2023, 04:47 PM
Will is a great representation of my university. I love his passion and his attitude. He’s not good enough to be our quarterback and that’s ok. He’s really really really really really bad. Not just a little bad. He’s Croom level quarterback bad in anything not the air raid. That’s ok. It’s not an attack on him as a person. He was really bad last year too against anyone with a pulse. The defense bailed us out a whole bunch. That’s not happening this year because we are really really really bad on defense as well now. The offensive line is horrible and we can’t have a statue back there behind that front. We have to have mobility to mask their weakness or Will is literally going to get killed.

Lord McBuckethead
09-17-2023, 08:41 PM
Well, put it this way, based on what I have seen starting with the beginning of last year, Will has not had a play where I went WOW what a play.

If he runs it, he fumbles. He hears footsteps. He is not throwing in stride. He looks like when he runs he forgets how to run. When was the last time he planted a foot and let it rip?

Coach34
09-17-2023, 08:58 PM
And they know Wright ain't the answer too. .

Why? Literally nothing has been shown to say this is true

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 09:06 PM
Why? Literally nothing has been shown to say this is true

If he was any good he would be in.

Tater
09-17-2023, 09:18 PM

Judging by how Will is playing being any good ain't the bar.

vindastra
09-17-2023, 09:46 PM

Gatekeepers literally.

Mahomes could be in the roster and he still won't see the field because of vested interests.

Maverick91
09-17-2023, 11:14 PM

Going back to this. Are you just making wild accusations or you got facts. Because if this is true, I don?t care how much I like Arnett he needs to be fired today. This is Jomo level coaching and we fired him after two Egg wins for it.

CoachT14
09-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Judging by how Will is playing being any good ain't the bar.

You know Bucky thinks Will was perfect this weekend. It was everybody else that was the problem. But Will could never do any wrong.

I’m pretty sure the most I’ve ever seen Bucky admit was that a throw or 2 was off. Everything else was on someone else though.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2023, 08:16 AM
Yeah I don?t have a clue

bobcat91
09-18-2023, 09:43 AM
I have no sympathy for Arnett. We were 9-4 last year and returned most starters. Doesn't matter if the defense was a big reason or not, it worked for the team and we recruited to that system. He fired every offensive coach and installed his offense, which has been an abomination. It's self inflicted wounds. We miss Coach Leach in the worst way

msstate7
09-18-2023, 09:47 AM
I have no sympathy for Arnett. We were 9-4 last year and returned most starters. Doesn't matter if the defense was a big reason or not, it worked for the team and we recruited to that system. He fired every offensive coach and installed his offense, which has been an abomination. It's self inflicted wounds. We miss Coach Leach in the worst way

While I agree arnett has to be better, we lost a good bit off our defense

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2023, 10:16 AM
Even if Wright isn't the answer, you've got to try.

We're at that point now. Saban got it. You've got to try different guys.

Leaving Will in there isn't going to fix anything. Gotta try something new

basedog
09-18-2023, 02:10 PM
Even if Wright isn't the answer, you've got to try.

We're at that point now. Saban got it. You've got to try different guys.

Leaving Will in there isn't going to fix anything. Gotta try something new

We shall see Saturday; I don't have my hopes up. Can't understand why we haven't at least given Wright more snaps over 3 games.

TrapGame
09-18-2023, 02:17 PM
We shall see Saturday; I don't have my hopes up. Can't understand why we haven't at least given Wright more snaps over 3 games.

In typical Mississippi State fashion Wright will come in with 9 minutes left in the 4th Q w/ SC up four touchdowns, put on an absolute clinic looking like Rattler, Daniels and De Laura, score three touchdowns in 9 minutes and we fail to get the onside kick with one timeout and a minute left. Then everyone flips out why we haven't been playing Wright from game one.

basedog
09-18-2023, 02:37 PM
In typical Mississippi State fashion Wright will come in with 9 minutes left in the 4th Q w/ SC up four touchdowns, put on an absolute clinic looking like Rattler, Daniels and De Laura, score three touchdowns in 9 minutes and we fail to get the onside kick with one timeout and a minute left. Then everyone flips out why we haven't been playing Wright from game one.

So, you are saying "there is a chance"* LOL

dawgday166
09-18-2023, 02:39 PM

The history of being a State fan summed up in one post haha.

Tater
09-18-2023, 02:41 PM
The history of being a State fan summed up in one post haha.

I was holding out hope for this in the LSU game and never got it.

WinningIsRelentless
09-18-2023, 02:48 PM
If Wright doesn?t get half the snaps Saturday and we lose I think that?s a huge black eye to Arnett as a hc

MBDawg601
09-18-2023, 02:56 PM

I would be pleased with this. Sad to say. I think Vegas is predicting this with the 6.5 pt spread.

Goldendawg
09-18-2023, 03:04 PM
If Wright doesn?t get half the snaps Saturday and we lose I think that?s a huge black eye to Arnett as a hc

He already has 2 black eyes and a bloody nose, but a bloody lower lip is still in play.******

TrapGame
09-18-2023, 03:08 PM
I would be pleased with this. Sad to say. I think Vegas is predicting this with the 6.5 pt spread.

LSU was -9 and we saw how that fiasco turned out. BK could have played the entire second string on offense and defense w/ Nussmeier as QB and still beat us by two touchdowns.

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2023, 02:24 PM
A decent QB with legs evades most of those sacks yesterday. One of those sacks in the second quarter (IIRC) was a complete Screw You! to Will and the offense. The entire left side of the field was wide freaking open with green grass. Will took the sack looking for an open receiver while still in the pocket. A QB with legs hits that open grass for 20-25 yards before he's touched. LSU's DC knew he had nothing to worry about.

And literally every other DC we have to play for the rest of the season knows it too. Will can come back next year too. All those DCs will know there is nothing they have to worry about. Imagine if our defense didn't have to worry about the QB running the ball?

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2023, 02:26 PM

I want someone else taking all the snaps and Will can come in after the third if we are getting smoked or we are way in the lead.
The only thing I would have Will doing all week is practicing taking a 5 step drop off of a shot gun snap, hitting his back leg and letting the ball rip.
Dropping that far, means it would be a 20 yard throw to his checkdown.

MBDawg601
09-20-2023, 08:41 PM
LSU was -9 and we saw how that fiasco turned out. BK could have played the entire second string on offense and defense w/ Nussmeier as QB and still beat us by two touchdowns.

Don't get me wrong. I think we get HAMMERED this weekend.