PDA

View Full Version : Will Rogers

MaroonFlounder
09-16-2023, 04:20 PM
New offensive scheme or not, a 3-year starter should not play this badly.

He throws passes at guys feet. Scared to throw INTs, I guess

It?s not all his fault. We have 2 offensive line coaches, and we might as well have zero.

Barbay is garbage. This looks like a high school offense against decent to good teams

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 04:23 PM
I'm not ready for Barbay's head until I see a QB like Mike Wright actually run the offense. But, I'm sharping my axe.

RockyDog
09-16-2023, 04:28 PM
If we go 0 for the next 2 and look completely inept in both then Barbary definitely needs to be fired and a long look should be given to Arnett. It’s one thing to lose but doubly bad to look inept and outclassed.

Don’t think there is any way to salvage this season with Noodle running the show so we have to see if Arnett actually had nads

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 04:29 PM

It?s not all his fault. We have 2 offensive line coaches, and we might as well have zero.

Barbay is garbage. This looks like a high school offense against decent to good teams

LSU loses today if we trade quarterbacks

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 04:45 PM
If arnett is wanting to be a big time coach or at least seen as one he must start Wright the accuracy cannot be worse and if it is I refuse to believe that he doesn’t get us something else with his running. I would rather have a QB that can execute 10 plays than trot someone out there that knows EVERYTHING but cannot execute any of it well.

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 04:47 PM

I agree we at least are much more competitive. Our defense is a complimentary defense, meaning they need to offense to play at least competently for them to look good. When the offense is as terrible as they were today the defense will look they way they did.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 04:56 PM
Let's put it this way

Will Rogers "touched" the ball (passes and his rushes) 33 times today. 28 passes, 5 sacks. He netted 78 yards. 78 YARDS

If you gave Wright 33 "touches" today -say 15 rushes and 18 passes- do you think he's have more or less than 78 yards of offense? Note he had 2 touches for 9 yards and a TD today.

Start Wright.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 04:58 PM
Let's put it this way

Will Rogers "touched" the ball (passes and his rushes) 33 times today. 28 passes, 5 sacks. He netted 78 yards. 78 YARDS

If you gave Wright 33 "touches" today -say 15 rushes and 18 passes- do you think he's have more or less than 78 yards of offense? Note he had 2 touches for 9 yards and a TD today.

Start Wright.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Wright cannot be any worse than Will. He just can't be.

Homedawg
09-16-2023, 05:01 PM
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Oh he can.....

Saltydog
09-16-2023, 05:02 PM
The creativity of this offense is non-existent. Some of that is directly related to Will's athleticism, or lack thereof. Even said there's plenty of blame to go around. You can point to the scheme, play calling, poor OL play, offense being new, etc. but Will's play is an issue and it's apparent he's not the guy for this scheme. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole. He's scared to death back there. So, we have a QB that can't run or throw and one that can run and can't throw. Give me the later.

EdwardDrayton
09-16-2023, 05:03 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/YS3hwwqL/IMG-5316.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 05:04 PM
Oh he can.....

Then we're ****ed.

Dawgface
09-16-2023, 05:05 PM
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Agree. The little td pass Wright made was due to his ability to escape the defenders on the roll out. Will can't do that. Small sample size I know but it shows he can extend some plays unlike Will.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 05:05 PM
Oh he can.....

He can throw pic 6s. That's the only way.

Have him alternate between zone reads, 1 read play action passes, and bootleg 1 read throws. No INT risk, we get his running ability, safeties may bite which helps receivers get TDs if Wright does hit them, and he CANNOT be worse than 11/28 passing. 39%. Not possible to have a lower average than that when he was 57% at Vandy.

You are simply wrong. Adjust the playcalling to limit INTs and there's just no way he can be worse than Will

bulldawg28
09-16-2023, 05:08 PM
Oh he can.....

BS.... you can stop telling those lies. The one play he made today Will couldn't on his best day. We're not running the air raid any longer so he absolutely can play better than Will in this offense.

99jc
09-16-2023, 05:10 PM
Oh he can.....

HELL NO HE CANT.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 05:10 PM
Oh he can.....

Wright did more than Will did today and he played 3 downs.

EdwardDrayton
09-16-2023, 05:20 PM
Let's put it this way

Start Wright.

Over/under how many more weeks do we pee on the electric fence before we learn to try something different.

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 05:22 PM

Yep and no coaching hot seats

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 05:24 PM
Oh he can.....

I disagree - there is no worse than what we saw today. It was Henig level bad

KOdawg1
09-16-2023, 05:33 PM
Oh he can.....

Nah.

39% comp%, 5 sacks (not all his fault) and a QBR of 7.4.

He can't run. He can't throw unless he's got a clean pocket and someone is wide open. He can't throw deep. He draws up and goes into a fetal position if someone gets within 2 feet of him. His face literally looks like he's scared to death out there.

I'm not saying Wright can come in and light up the score board, but he's at least good at something. Rogers isn't. The TD pass to Harmon was a play that Rogers couldn't make. We can stick with Will and lose, or we can give Wright more snaps and maybe not lose.

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 05:42 PM
Nah.

He can't run. He can't throw unless he's got a clean pocket and someone is wide open. He can't throw deep. He draws up and goes into a fetal position if someone gets within 2 feet of him. His face literally looks like he's scared to death out there.

I'm not saying Wright can come in and light up the score board, but he's at least good at something. Rogers isn't. The TD pass to Harmon was a play that Rogers couldn't make. We can stick with Will and lose, or we can give Wright more snaps and maybe not lose.
Wright may be worse than Will but we are at a point where we have to try something.

confucius say
09-16-2023, 06:01 PM
The truth is will can't move and has a below average arm. But we've all known this for 3 years. The air raid is all he can run.

The problem is our coaching staff. If you're not going to run the only thing he can run, you should have told him to leave and bring in a transfer. That's the hard truth.

NCMSTFAN
09-16-2023, 06:26 PM
Oh he can.....

He can but he won't. Wright can move the chains with his legs. He did it at Vanderbilt, we know he isn't the best passer but I'd take his athletic ability all day over what we are seeing with Will

BulldogBear
09-16-2023, 06:26 PM
If arnett is wanting to be a big time coach or at least seen as one he must start Wright the accuracy cannot be worse and if it is I refuse to believe that he doesn?t get us something else with his running. I would rather have a QB that can execute 10 plays than trot someone out there that knows EVERYTHING but cannot execute any of it well.

All of this. A senior QB with this much experience should not look like a freshman no matter what situation he finds himself in. New offense, bad play calls, whatever. He may not shine but he should not SUCK. Not in any universe. You are an experienced senior QB. You can at least make the throws that are actually there and there should zero panic in your bloodstream at this point. You are experienced SEC QB. Act like it. But you can't. So......

Will. Must. Go.

We have absolutely nothing to lose by handing him a clipboard.

There are a thousand reasons that using Wright might not turn out or make much difference results wise. But there are few reasons to think it will be worse.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 06:38 PM
If Arnett wouldn't play Wright today then I have no faith that he'll play him against SC or Bama regardless of how bad Will is going to perform in those games.

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 06:41 PM
If Arnett wouldn't play Wright today then I have no faith that he'll play him against SC or Bama regardless of how bad Will is going to perform in those games.

He said in post-game they had decisions to make as a staff...

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 06:52 PM

I sure hope this includes what I've been harping about since the first quarter. But nothing seems to make sense anymore, so we can only hope.

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 07:51 PM
Wright may be worse than Will but we are at a point where we have to try something.

Dude, I'd take Mike Henig right now.

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 07:53 PM
Nah.

Will had 33 of our 50 plays for 75 yards of O. We have zero chance with him in this O.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 08:20 PM
BS.... you can stop telling those lies. The one play he made today Will couldn't on his best day. We're not running the air raid any longer so he absolutely can play better than Will in this offense.

I'm starting to believe you.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 08:22 PM

He said similar things last week. I'm losing faith in him fast.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 08:23 PM
Oh he can.....

That's disturbing. Damn.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 08:26 PM
Dude, I'd take Mike Henig right now.

Whoa! Hold up. Let's not get crazy.***

Seriously, I'd take Omar Connor, Wes Carrol, Chris Relf, Nicki Fitz ...

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:27 PM
On the play Wright threw a TD pass (yes is was easy) but Will missed easy throws all day and all his career, but not my point.

Point is, if Will would have been in he would have been sacked by two LSU guys. Wright mobility got away from the sack and made a play with feet and arm. Wright ain't winning the SECW for us but he gives us a chance to at least win 6-7. We win 1-2 more with Will at best.

Dawgface
09-16-2023, 08:30 PM

He probably won't. Perhaps late in the season when we're already doomed for a losing record.

memsu06
09-16-2023, 08:31 PM
OL isn't helping things. It's not all Will, but even on the play at the goal line with Wright the LSU defenders where on him nearly as fast as he received the snap.

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:57 PM
OL isn't helping things. It's not all Will, but even on the play at the goal line with Wright the LSU defenders where on him nearly as fast as he received the snap.

Any you saw what happened. Wright escaped two guys and made a TD. We sacked Daniels twice today and pressured him some but he made plays with his legs and arm on the run. Will is lady liberty like flag football. He is slower than a 300lb DL at a skilled position. Just can't have that at D1