PDA

View Full Version : A's steal Jim Johnson from O's

Dawg61
12-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Deals like this are why the A's make the playoffs while the Angels spend 5x more money and don't. Jim Johnson has had back to back 50+ save seasons and he's one of the most effective sinker ball pitchers in MLB. He's moving from a very friendly homerun park to one that he may never give up a homerun at home again. HUGE get for the A's. They gave up Jemile Weeks for him. A player that is doubtful to ever be a consistent MLB player.

Will James
12-03-2013, 12:25 AM
We also inked Scott Kazmir. But the real deal was Fister to the Nationals. They will be back as favorites for the NL East this year. Strasburg, Zimmerman, Gio, and Fister are a fearsome foursome.

Dawg61
12-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Nats suck and Strasburg sucks. Whole team is overrated except Harper and Desmond. Didn't you learn this last year with the Nats? Bourn-avg to bad, Rendon-avg, Harper-good, Zimmerman-terrible, LaRoche-terrible, Worth-terrible, Desmond-good. Their lineup doesn't scare anyone. Gio is overrated so is Strasburg. Fister was like the 5th best pitcher in Detroit. He's hardly a major upgrade. Braves will win the East again.

dawgs
12-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Nats suck and Strasburg sucks. Whole team is overrated except Harper and Desmond. Didn't you learn this last year with the Nats? Bourn-avg to bad, Rendon-avg, Harper-good, Zimmerman-terrible, LaRoche-terrible, Worth-terrible, Desmond-good. Their lineup doesn't scare anyone. Gio is overrated so is Strasburg. Fister was like the 5th best pitcher in Detroit. He's hardly a major upgrade. Braves will win the East again.

Lulz, I can tell the butthurt is strong in this one. Also does not understand how to study baseball numbers.

Dawg61
12-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Lulz'd I can't tell the butthurt is strong in this one. Also does not understand how to study baseball numbers.

No butthurt here. I hate the Nats. What baseball numbers you studying? I'm studying the ones where the Nats were picked to win last year and they sucked donkey balls instead.

dawgs
12-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Just the ones where the nats where very unlucky in close games, you fail to account for improvement in rendon, zimm and werth aren't terrile, bourn has largely been a much better lead off hitter in his career, a full season of Ramos, etc etc etc...

I can point to many teams that have experienced much larger turn arounds than would be needed between 2013 to 2014 by the nats to make a run at a ring in 2014. I'm betting the nats looks more like 2012 than 2013 in 2014.

bully99
12-03-2013, 03:26 AM
The Texas Rangers tendered Mitch Moreland which means he's still a Ranger, at least for now.
Orioles getting rid of Johnson was nothing but a salary dump. Buck can't be happy.

Will James
12-03-2013, 08:18 AM

He was 4th among their ELITE starting pitching. 4.6 WAR was good for 12th among all MLB pitchers. Just so happens that Vewrlander Scherzer and Sanchez were better. He's not a "number 4 starter"

Very few BB's, HIGH ground ball %. Excellent trade by the Nats.

Jayson Werth was the 4th best hitter in baseball of everyone with > 500 plate appearances.

Zimmerman terrible??