PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead....

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 04:02 PM
Starting to think we have a better chance at not being run out of the stadium by Bama than S Carolina. We will 100% start SEC play 0-3

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 04:05 PM
Absolutely. This South Carolina team I'm watching today will beat us as bad as LSU did.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 04:06 PM
My previous "Hot take" after game 1 was that Will would suck vs LSU, get benched, and Wright would play better and take over. Well I have no doubt Wright would be bette than Will, the coaches have no stones or desire to win so they didn't give Wright a shot.

With that unwillingness to give Wright a chance in mind + what I saw from Will today, let me make a new "hot take":

We will NOT win an SEC game with Will playing more than 80% of the snaps.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 04:10 PM
Mike Wright gives us a chance in some of the SEC games left on our schedule. He showed that today in his 3 plays. Will Rogers is gonna get everybody fired. The choice couldn't possibly be easier. An insect could make the correct decision.

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 04:12 PM
USCe always plays UGA hard then kind of falls off the map

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 04:12 PM
If Wright doesn't get an entire quarter next Saturday our coaches are dumber than shit. If he goes out there and shits the bed, fine. We'll all know what we have.

BulldogBear
09-16-2023, 04:13 PM
USCe always plays UGA hard then kind of falls off the map

And I believe they have Tennessee or some other big game the week after. We are in the middle, the trap game.

CoachT14
09-16-2023, 04:20 PM
If Wright doesn't get an entire quarter next Saturday our coaches are dumber than shit. If he goes out there and shits the bed, fine. We'll all know what we have.

The fact that they kept trotting Will out there tells me all I need to know about this staff.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 04:26 PM

NEXT saturday?

The game was a blowout to start the 4th today and Will was playing awful. Today was the perfect time to see what the backup can do.

Zero faith in this staff to do anything intelligent moving forward

Hypnodawg
09-16-2023, 04:28 PM
I cannot understand why Wright did not get a legitimate shot in the second half

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 04:31 PM
NEXT saturday?

The game was a blowout to start the 4th today and Will was playing awful. Today was the perfect time to see what the backup can do.

Zero faith in this staff to do anything intelligent moving forward

Oh, Wright should have been out there the entire fourth quarter.

But what's done is done.

The coaches have decision to make. Will ain't it.

Salvaging this season starts with playing Mike Wright.

StarkVegasSteve
09-16-2023, 04:33 PM
I cannot understand why Wright did not get a legitimate shot in the second half

I am going to play devils advocate here. Maybe Wright is just bad. Like maybe he is not anything more than a change of pace, package QB. I mean we all thought KT was head and shoulders better than Fitz in 2018 and he ended his career at WR at another school. Sometimes there is a reason the backup is the backup. It may just be we have a BAD QB room.

Saying that, I do expect we will see Wright in a much larger capacity next Saturday night in Columbia. So we will all get to see if our coaches are truly that dumb or we have a shit QB room.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 04:35 PM
I am going to play devils advocate here. Maybe Wright is just bad.

So playing devil's advocate and thinking worst case, he's exactly what our starter was today? Bad? I'll take bad with athleticism to POTENTIALLY extend a play, over bad in concrete shoes and an arm made for throwing pies instead of footballs.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 04:42 PM
I am going to play devils advocate here. Maybe Wright is just bad. Like maybe he is not anything more than a change of pace, package QB. I mean we all thought KT was head and shoulders better than Fitz in 2018 and he ended his career at WR at another school. Sometimes there is a reason the backup is the backup. It may just be we have a BAD QB room.

Saying that, I do expect we will see Wright in a much larger capacity next Saturday night in Columbia. So we will all get to see if our coaches are truly that dumb or we have a shit QB room.

He was a 57% passer at Vandy. We KNOW he is an elite runner. What we don't know is whether he understand his reads- can he throw a ball without it being an interception?

But he can DEFINITELY pass at a higher comp% than Will did today Will made 1 nice touch pass today over a LB, that was it. He missed a ton of short throws ad overall failed.

If we didn't play Wright today why would we next week? Today was the day. Actually game 1 was the game to get Wright a series, game 2 was the game to let him get 15ish plays, and game 3 was the game to get hi ma whole quarter. Instead he's at 7 rushes and 1 pass and about 10 handoffs for the season. it's coaching malpractice and I have zero faith they do what they should next week or any other time

msstate7
09-16-2023, 04:45 PM
Calling my shot...
State 24
SC 20

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 04:48 PM
I am going to play devils advocate here. Maybe Wright is just bad. Like maybe he is not anything more than a change of pace, package QB.

Which is the better alternative.

StarkVegasSteve
09-16-2023, 04:48 PM
So playing devil's advocate and thinking worst case, he's exactly what our starter was today? Bad? I'll take bad with athleticism to POTENTIALLY extend a play, over bad in concrete shoes and an arm made for throwing pies instead of footballs.

I have just been attending Mississippi State football games religiously since 1997 and every year except 2014,2015, and 2017 the majority of the fan base says that the backup is better. Madkin/Wyatt, Fant, York, Nelson, Conner, Riddell, Russell, Dak, KT, Shrader, Rodgers, Robertson, and now Wright. Stats tell us that the backup most likely was not better in any of those situations

Edit to add: I forgot about Dam Williams

StarkVegasSteve
09-16-2023, 04:49 PM
Which is the better alternative.

Hell put Tulu back there and run the damn triple option with Marks, Tulu, and Zavion

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 04:49 PM
If we didn't play Wright today why would we next week? Today was the day. Actually game 1 was the game to get Wright a series, game 2 was the game to let him get 15ish plays, and game 3 was the game to get hi ma whole quarter. Instead he's at 7 rushes and 1 pass and about 10 handoffs for the season. it's coaching malpractice and I have zero faith they do what they should next week or any other time

Yeah, it's hard to argue with that.

Calling my shot...
State 24
SC 20

That's bold, Cotton. ***

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 04:50 PM
Calling my shot...
State 24
SC 20

It's at their place.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 04:52 PM
It's at their place.

Yep, gonna suck for them. I think we play much, much better next week

EdwardDrayton
09-16-2023, 04:52 PM
.......... to basketball?

StarkVegasSteve
09-16-2023, 04:53 PM
It's at their place.

There is a 2 in front of our zero. Take it and add it to the South Carolina total and you probably have a pretty good prediction

BulldogBear

I think is what a lot of us that would like to see a change are thinking.

There are a thousand reasons it may not be any better. But there aren't many reasons it would be any worse.

StarkVegasSteve
Yep, gonna suck for them. I think we play much, much better next week

I would say we could not possibly play worse but we did score 14 so there is room to go lower

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 04:55 PM
I have just been attending Mississippi State football games religiously since 1997 and every year except 2014,2015, and 2017 the majority of the fan base says that the backup is better. Madkin/Wyatt, Fant, York, Nelson, Conner, Riddell, Russell, Dak, KT, Shrader, Rodgers, Robertson, and now Wright. Stats tell us that the backup most likely was not better in any of those situations

Edit to add: I forgot about Dam Williams

I'm not saying they're better. I'm saying they can't do much worse. So give us something new to watch fail at the very least. Mobility gives you options. Crappy QB in concrete shoes will always be less than a crappy QB with running ability. And I honestly would rather watch Parson lead us to 2-10 knowing we are getting a future QB some experience, than to watch Will lead us to 5-7 in his 13th year as starter, and continuing to do the same things he's done poorly his entire career. But maybe the rest of our fans aren't there yet

StarkVegasSteve
09-16-2023, 04:55 PM
I think is what a lot of us that would like to see a change are thinking.

There are a thousand reasons it may not be any better. But there aren't many reasons it would be any worse.

I just do not see how there are good QBs at EVERY other SEC school, outside of maybe Florida, and our options are a guy who is scared to run, take a hit, or let it rip and a career 57% passer. It is absolutely mind blowing those are our options.

StarkVegasSteve
09-16-2023, 04:56 PM
I'm not saying they're better. I'm saying they can't do much worse. So give us something new to watch fail at the very least. Mobility gives you options. Crappy QB in concrete shoes will always be less than a crappy QB with running ability. And I honestly would rather watch Parson lead us to 2-10 knowing we are getting a future QB some experience, than to watch Will lead us to 5-7 in his 13th year as starter, and continuing to do the same things he's done poorly his entire career. But maybe the rest of our fans aren't there yet

Agree with Parson. I would rather see him, if he is healthy, and just take our lumps this year, change the OC, and be better next year.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 04:57 PM
Agree with Parson. I would rather see him, if he is healthy, and just take our lumps this year, change the OC, and be better next year.

Totally agree

Dawgface
09-16-2023, 04:59 PM
Calling my shot...
State 24
SC 20

Ha. Won't happen.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 05:01 PM
Ha. Won't happen.

Bookmark it. We got our butt handed to us, but lsu is gonna win the sec

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 05:01 PM
It's at their place.

At least our fanbase won't be burdened with the decision to attend another home game.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 05:02 PM
Bookmark it. We got our butt handed to us, but lsu is gonna win the sec

Ole Miss can beat them at home.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 05:02 PM
Ole Miss can beat them at home.

Not a chance

Mjoelner34
09-16-2023, 05:04 PM
Calling my shot...
State 24
SC 20

So Tulu takes 3 kicks to the house and we get a FG after a long return?

msstate7
09-16-2023, 05:06 PM
So Tulu takes 3 kicks to the house and we get a FG after a long return?

Haha, I think will and Marks play well next week.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 05:09 PM
Haha, I think will and Marks play well next week.

All do respect but I'm not sure "think" is the appropriate word. "feel", "hope", "pray" etc are appropriate, but there's been literally NOTHING shown to suggest Will is capable of having a "good day" in this offense. Just the OL alone means he can't

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 05:10 PM
There is a 2 in front of our zero. Take it and add it to the South Carolina total and you probably have a pretty good prediction

7's drunk.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 05:21 PM
7's drunk.

So, I do my thinking when I'm drunk

vindastra
09-16-2023, 05:23 PM

If I am right, for 4 years Will has played till the end of 4th quarter - cup cake or not.

There was board humor that Will had something on Leach. May be, he is an uber hacker and has something on Arnette too.

We don't play backup QBs and we don't develop them either. At this rate, we should start fearing that Parson would not start anywhere too.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 05:23 PM
So, I do my thinking when I'm drunk

I noticed you didn't say your "best thinking" LOL

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 05:24 PM

O I am there. It’s one thing to just watch you lose it’s a lot different losing know you are building.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 05:28 PM
I noticed you didn't say your "best thinking" LOL

Yeah, time to slow down