PDA

View Full Version : The Goal is to win the west.

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 03:41 PM
Since that is over, put Parson on 1st team. Will cannot do it. It is very clear. 33 yards in the first half and never looked better in the 2nd half.

Will is done. Move on. Wright is not the answer. I want to build for the future. This year is done.

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 03:43 PM
Since that is over, put Parson on 1st team. Will cannot do it. It is very clear. 33 yards in the first half and never looked better in the 2nd half.

Will is done. Move on. Wright is not the answer. I want to build for the future. This year is done.
Defenses pin their ears back on Will bc they know he can't run. Need to keep them honest.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:48 PM
A young QB who doesn't know what he's doing playing behind this OL will DESTROY him. See it all the time in the NFL, these bad teams draft a QB and that QB spends all rookie year getting killed, developing bad habits, and thinking of how to survive.

Let Parsons develop. Play him vs the non-con sure but SEC defenses? All he'd learn is "if my 1st read isn't open, run because I'm about to be hit"

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:51 PM
When we transitioned to the air raid, we made the move to a true freshman. That move made us better. Perhaps history repeats itself

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 03:51 PM
I love it when Will hands off than runs around the corner like a read-option. Everyone in the stadium and watching knows he ain't gonna keep that ball. And hell, even as slow as he might be, he probably could gain 8 or 9 before they caught him cause every D player is crashing towards the RB. But then if he kept it ... he might get hit.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 03:52 PM
Mississippi State quarterback roster as of tomorrow

#1 Wright
#2 Parson

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 03:59 PM
When we transitioned to the air raid, we made the move to a true freshman. That move made us better. Perhaps history repeats itself

Did it make us better or did it stunt will mentally?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 04:01 PM

Will was better in '21 than in '20. Then he regressed in '22, even more now. Even when all he's going is throwing to his 1st read, he's WAY less accurate than he was as a Fr or SO.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 04:01 PM

It made us better

chef dixon
09-16-2023, 04:02 PM
Amazes me that our coaches watched the first 5 drives and hitched their wagon to Will

Vandelay Industries
09-16-2023, 04:03 PM
Will was better in '21 than in '20. Then he regressed in '22, even more now. Even when all he's going is throwing to his 1st read, he's WAY less accurate than he was as a Fr or SO.

This. He has gotten a lot worse

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 04:05 PM

I noticed that too and last year at that. One thing I'm betting is Will and the receivers aren't working together on their own outside of practice. Maybe not watching film together. And then part of it too IMO is Will's Jim/Chris Everett mentality.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 04:11 PM
Agree. Play Parson now.

I could live with Wright, but at this point, why? Wright is gone after this season, so build for next year.

I would rather Woody Marks run wildcat the rest of the year than have these coaches walk Rogers out there again.

Why is this so hard for coaches? A blind man can see that Rogers is only making us worse right now

viverlibre
09-16-2023, 04:13 PM

Mike has not been given an opportunity, he should get a fair chance. Most best plays from the QB position this year have come from him, despite playing on a few snaps.

viverlibre
09-16-2023, 04:17 PM
No one associated with State, with an IQ above room temp, had/has a goal of winning the West. The goal was/is to win 7 games. Give Mike a chance, if he lays as big an egg as Will, then Parson.

Bdawg
09-16-2023, 04:18 PM

I don’t know why he’s so in accurate right now. The reason I wanted him to play and pass more was supposed to be his accuracy! He just looked flat awful on about the 3 plays he had time.

bobtail bob
09-16-2023, 04:21 PM
Agree. Play Parson now.

I could live with Wright, but at this point, why? Wright is gone after this season, so build for next year.

I would rather Woody Marks run wildcat the rest of the year than have these coaches walk Rogers out there again.

Why is this so hard for coaches? A blind man can see that Rogers is only making us worse right now

I think our administration is so conforming to appearances that they are afraid giving Will the hook would tarnish Coach Leaches legacy. It the only thing that makes sense. Nobody is this blind. If a move isn’t made soon it’s two seasons thrown away instead of one

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 04:39 PM
Will has actually always had issue with the passes he is missing this year. I am more and more believing that he is a head case of a QB. I will say the dirt throws today did confuse me those he is usually accurate on.

I do think there is some credence to what Dawgday said about watching film, some of the throws will threw it and there was no receiver there it’s like the receivers don’t know the routes, that is Bumps issue and he needs these receivers to get these routes understood.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 04:44 PM
Will has actually always had issue with the passes he is missing this year. I am more and more believing that he is a head case of a QB. I will say the dirt throws today did confuse me those he is usually accurate on.

I do think there is some credence to what Dawgday said about watching film, some of the throws will threw it and there was no receiver there it’s like the receivers don’t know the routes, that is Bumps issue and he needs these receivers to get these routes understood.

I meant as a group together, plus working outside of practice on route running, timing, etc. Will was off on even dump offs last year and on short throw behind the receiver and whatnot. Will's the leader of the team and gotta get those guys out there working on all that stuff.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 04:47 PM
A veteran QB cannot, 1000% can not, overthrow a 4th and 6 from midfield if he takes a shot downfield. It's a glorified punt if it's picked, so you have GOT to give your guy a chance at catching it. He seems so scared and conservative. It is a chicken shit mentality, and you can't win games in this league playing chicken shit football.

Those throws in the dirt, if you go back and watch, were from Will rushing to get rid of it when the rush wasn't even to him yet. He had time on some of those. He plays scared as shit. He's a veteran, he should be learning to move in the pocket and sensing the rush, he should be giving guys a chance on deep balls on 4th down, he should be standing tall and delivering strikes while knowing he's about to get rocked. He does none of these.

He's a good dude, a great Bulldog, and he wants the best for State.....so I wonder if even HE knows that he isn't the guy for this offense. Regardless, the fans know, and the guys in charge know. So why are we delaying the inevitable?

Mike Wright and Chris Parson may very well be worse than Will. Who knows. But one thing is for sure....we KNOW what Will is at this point. And we know his shortcomings. Can we at least see what the other guys are capable of in this offense? At the very least it gives us a better ground option with a mobile QB, and the ability to extend a pass play and create something. Right now Will is not only a non factor in the run game, he's virtually a non factor in the pass game too. But Will is who he is, and we all know who he is, so it is officially the blame of the OC and HC if they continue to run him out there

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 05:02 PM
I meant as a group together, plus working outside of practice on route running, timing, etc. Will was off on even dump offs last year and on short throw behind the receiver and whatnot. Will's the leader of the team and gotta get those guys out there working on all that stuff.

We agree!

coachnorm
09-16-2023, 05:16 PM

Maybe that is what happens when any player does not fear the depth chart?