PDA

View Full Version : The season is 25% in the books. What do you change?

starkvegasdawg
09-16-2023, 03:09 PM
Answers like burn it all down aren't allowed. Can't do a complete scheme overhaul now. It is what it is. If I could pick 3 things:

1. Give Wright more time. An entire quarter. See what happens. Can't be any worse.

2. Our defensive backs stop giving 12 yard cushions. Amazing how we do that and still get burned on deep passes anyway. At least if they move up perhaps they stop a couple more intermediate throws.

3. If we can't throw deep then work the edges more. If we can't stretch the field vertically then at least try horizontally. Do something to get some players in space to make somebody miss. Some WR screens and jet sweeps. Hell, maybe some misdirection. Something I think Wright would do well running.

Vandelay Industries
09-16-2023, 03:11 PM
Less Will please

BlackSailsDawg
Answers like burn it all down aren't allowed. Can't do a complete scheme overhaul now. It is what it is. If I could pick 3 things:

1. Give Wright more time. An entire quarter. See what happens. Can't be any worse.

2. Our defensive backs stop giving 12 yard cushions. Amazing how we do that and still get burned on deep passes anyway. At least if they move up perhaps they stop a couple more intermediate throws.

3. If we can't throw deep then work the edges more. If we can't stretch the field vertically then at least try horizontally. Do something to get some players in space to make somebody miss. Some WR screens and jet sweeps. Hell, maybe some misdirection. Something I think Wright would do well running.

The staff.

They are the ones that can't game plan. This team looks totally lost on defense and offense and that is all on them.

StarkVegasSteve
The coach.

BulldogBear
09-16-2023, 03:12 PM
#2 has been a problem for half a decade it feels.

basedog
09-16-2023, 03:16 PM
Here is what I do tonight.

1). Tell Barbay he is now co coordinator, Greg Knox is also named coordinator. Barbay is sent to coaching box upstairs, Knox signals plays to QB.

2) move DC to box upstairs, Arnett takes over callin defense.

3). Gotta give Wright and even Parsons a chance.

Bdawg
09-16-2023, 03:17 PM
If both of our lines get destroyed like that going forward, nothing else matters and you better have a QB who can run for his life.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:23 PM
I'd go back in time and back up all the millions to the new HC at Colorado State, Deon. But we'd never be so bold, or willing to spend that cash.

But overall, I think it's clear Brock ain't it at DC. The playcalls and adjustments are awful. The OC also sucks. SHould have kept more air raid stuff, should have abandoned TE for a year as we have none forth a flip, should use Wright way more even if you think Will should stay the starter. Also does no adjustments. And Will isn't it. Cna't hit deep balls, can't hit hort throws, can't hit intermediate throws, can't adjust pre snap to find holes in the D, can't move. At least he doesn't throw pics I guess.

Lastly, it's clear the assistant hires were AWFUL! Friend has turned a pretty solid OL returning for another year and now they can't run OR pass block. Look awful. Bump has taken a 2 deep WR room used to catching 40 balls a game and turned the into a sloppy route running bad hands mess that relies on yak from freak athletes (Tulu, Creed) to make a difference. DL that's returned has gotten WORSE. Safeties are bad. Whole defense misses assignments.

All in all, we returned a LOT of starters off a 9-4 team and yet we're lucky to go 6-6 this year. That's coaching. We have bad coaches. End of the story

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:25 PM
If both of our lines get destroyed like that going forward, nothing else matters and you better have a QB who can run for his life.

Exactly! If the Ol can't pass protect, the WRs are "running the wrong routes" (per Bucky and Black Sails) then that's all the more reason to go run heavy! How can a passing QB succeed with a bad OL and bad WRs? he can't. So put in the running QB and see if we can break some runs

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 03:27 PM
Get Will off the field, put in someone that can move their feet, get the TEs involved, replace the secondary, find a DE that can get in the backfield, quicker play calls, complete more than 7 passes, I can keep going

Leeshouldveflanked
Wright Wing Offense

Homedawg

This is true. Got whipped up front. Period

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:28 PM

1). Tell Barbay he is now co coordinator, Greg Knox is also named coordinator. Barbay is sent to coaching box upstairs, Knox signals plays to QB.

None of that will change the fact that Barbay is the OC.

CJDAWG85
09-16-2023, 03:29 PM
Barbay needs to figure out what he wants to do offensively and which QB he wants running the offense. These PA rollout with Will do not work and do not fit his strengths. Adjust your play calling around your ****ing QB. Pretty damn simple.

civildawg
09-16-2023, 03:29 PM
Start mike wright and fire will friend. Dude never should have been hired. He's an awful OL coach

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:30 PM
Get Will off the field, put in someone that can move their feet, get the TEs involved, replace the secondary, find a DE that can get in the backfield, quicker play calls, complete more than 7 passes, I can keep going

We had TEs involved all day. 2 times they ran wrong routes, one dropped a TD pass, and they can not block on passing downs!

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 03:30 PM

This 100%.

Mjoelner34
09-16-2023, 03:35 PM
1. Put in a QB that can outrun me.
2. This one can't be changed now but add speed on D. We are slow everywhere!
3. Have Tulu line up with his heels on the back line of the endzone and bring out every kick.

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 03:36 PM
You change everything, or we change the coach, OC, DC, and AD. Don?t forget the AD.

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 03:37 PM
100% agree with Tulu. If it lands in the field of play, he needs to return it.

Todd4State
09-16-2023, 03:38 PM

I like it although I don't think we should burn Parson's redshirt.

basedog
09-16-2023, 03:38 PM
None of that will change the fact that Barbay is the OC.

And that is why Greg Knoxis on sideline calling plays and Barbay is in the box upstairs.

basedog
09-16-2023, 03:41 PM
I like it although I don't think we should burn Parson's redshirt.

Can’t he play some quarters before declaring redshirt. Also maybe he is the answer, never know till he is on the field. Same with Wright.
I wish Will the best, this offense and play calling has made him look bad.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 03:42 PM
Relf Coast offense with Wright. Coaching search at end of season.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:44 PM
And that is why Greg Knoxis on sideline calling plays and Barbay is in the box upstairs.

Wait wait wait, Greg Knox is calling the plays??? How did I not know this??

WTF does our OC do? Select what plays we're going to implement in spring? Come up with creative new ways to misuse Wright?

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 03:45 PM
Can’t he play some quarters before declaring redshirt. Also maybe he is the answer, never know till he is on the field. Same with Wright.
I wish Will the best, this offense and play calling has made him look bad.

Wright has a COVID year next year and you can play Parson a limited amount of time before redshirting.

If Barbay wants to keep his job he better start playing Wright and get him acclimated to the system. A 50% passer than can run is better than Will right now.

Dawgface
09-16-2023, 03:51 PM
Croom is retired.....bring him back.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 03:52 PM
I'm just gonna pray harder ***

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:55 PM
I'm just gonna pray harder ***

God seems to like his offerings not in prayers, but in NIL donations

BulldogBear
09-16-2023, 04:05 PM
Wright has a COVID year next year and you can play Parson a limited amount of time before redshirting.

If Barbay wants to keep his job he better start playing Wright and get him acclimated to the system. A 50% passer than can run is better than Will right now.

This^

And that is being modest. A run threat at QB that could hit 50% of his throws is actually not simply better. It would be a season changer. Eight wins, maybe nine if things work out right.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 04:07 PM
God seems to like his offerings not in prayers, but in NIL donations

LOL ... Good one.

lastmajordog
09-16-2023, 04:10 PM
del

Dawgology
09-16-2023, 04:13 PM
QB change. Tough call on a senior QB but if you are in there for your throwing ability and you can?t throw compounded by the fact that you aren?t mobile then there is no way you keep him in. Wright may not be able to pass but I can guarantee you he can throw at least as good as Will and he?s versatile enough to scramble and get down field. It sucks for Will but if we want to win games it?s going to be through the feet of Woody and Wright