PDA

View Full Version : We made bad hires without an AD in place

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:09 PM
No excuses here. The issue we see is very evident and those issues revolve around a DC who was more concerned about his defense getting rest than hiring an OC that's proven and fit with the current Roster.

I don't get that from personal thoughts, I get that from Arnett and things stated.

- Arnett told you last game it was his fault we played conservative so the defense can rest. This is a product of him wanting that. Rather than a tweak. We went to a totally different offense for the "sake" of his defense.

- Barbay is very unproven in all capacity. He wasn't even calling plays. BUT as Arnett stated "he was like minded" WTH does that have to do with MSU football! Hire the person that can do the job with what you have.

- Are we now saying Arnett did not have any idea that he had a senior team? Never thought... "you know, maybe we stick to what they know."

This is a failure. This isn't even about getting players in that fit the system. This is a failure of the staff to be able to game plan because they are NOT EXPERIENCED in their rolls!

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 03:15 PM
Arnett didnt hire or fire most of the coaches

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:19 PM

He hired the OC.

He could have hired somebody with experience.

redstickdawg
09-16-2023, 03:22 PM

well who did? You are saying someone else fired them and /or hired them, name names.

why didn't the folks in Allen Hall have a plan in the pocket for replacement of the AD last year? total incompetence that will cost us for many, many years to come.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:24 PM
well who did? You are saying someone else fired them and /or hired them, name names.

why didn't the folks in Allen Hall have a plan in the pocket for replacement of the AD last year? total incompetence that will cost us for many, many years to come.

Exactly. If we do not have an AD, who fired them?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:31 PM
Bucky is alluding to the Cigar boys. The big boosters. THAT is who selected the staff.

Think of it, Arnett has zero reason to hire Bumphis, who had an underwhelming resume. But the boosters wanted him. Arnett had zero reason to pick Turner as his DL coach, but the boosters wanted that old State DL back. Arnett had zero reason to go so MS heavy, but the boosters wanted to dominate in state recruiting.

It was talked about when these hires were made. C24 was for them, I was against them, but nobody really argued that they were Cigar hires; the question was whether or not they were good hires. Bucky and others pretty much confirmed Arnett had no choice in the hires (if memory serves me, Bucky I'm sorry if you weren't one of these people I'm not trying to lie)

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:36 PM
Bucky is alluding to the Cigar boys. The big boosters. THAT is who selected the staff.

Think of it, Arnett has zero reason to hire Bumphis, who had an underwhelming resume. But the boosters wanted him. Arnett had zero reason to pick Turner as his DL coach, but the boosters wanted that old State DL back. Arnett had zero reason to go so MS heavy, but the boosters wanted to dominate in state recruiting.

It was talked about when these hires were made. C24 was for them, I was against them, but nobody really argued that they were Cigar hires; the question was whether or not they were good hires. Bucky and others pretty much confirmed Arnett had no choice in the hires (if memory serves me, Bucky I'm sorry if you weren't one of these people I'm not trying to lie)

AH! So now we are in a Auburn situation of the past 6 years?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:41 PM
AH! So now we are in a Auburn situation of the past 6 years?

yes but without the money, fan support, history, or high recruiting floor to get us out of it

Have any of y'all tried earmarking your BI donations for lottery tickets? Charlie, that idea's for free

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-16-2023, 03:43 PM
He hired the OC.

He could have hired somebody with experience.

He could have kept SOS Jr and we could have at least attempted to make a transition.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 03:56 PM
Peterson had a very heavy hand

Coursesuper
09-16-2023, 04:06 PM
Peterson had a very heavy hand

So there was a reason Leach ran him off, and he was getting even when he came back?

BankerDog
09-16-2023, 04:15 PM

If you could not see who was pushing what when the Peterson hire was made, I?m sorry. They hired Peterson before naming Arnett the full time HC. Peterson pushed bringing Turner, Knox, Bumphis back and there was a collection of people who demanded we hired the ?MS boy Friend because by Golly he is from Philly?. Turner has not recruited well the DL in the state this cycle, which is why we brought him in-fail. Friend has made a senior laden OL look foolish-fail. Knox gets love for one game but was the one constantly playing Holloway over ATrain, etc.

A lot of this was done to have ?access? back into the program that was cut off when we hired Leach.

KB21
09-16-2023, 04:22 PM
If you could not see who was pushing what when the Peterson hire was made, I?m sorry. They hired Peterson before naming Arnett the full time HC. Peterson pushed bringing Turner, Knox, Bumphis back and there was a collection of people who demanded we hired the ?MS boy Friend because by Golly he is from Philly?. Turner has not recruited well the DL in the state this cycle, which is why we brought him in-fail. Friend has made a senior laden OL look foolish-fail. Knox gets love for one game but was the one constantly playing Holloway over ATrain, etc.

A lot of this was done to have ?access? back into the program that was cut off when we hired Leach.

The same group that made these decisions will also reach out to Dan Mullen first to gauge his interest in returning to the sidelines and Mississippi State. Dan will decline that opportunity.

BankerDog
09-16-2023, 04:24 PM
The same group that made these decisions will also reach out to Dan Mullen first to gauge his interest in returning to the sidelines and Mississippi State. Dan will decline that opportunity.

Same group pushed Mullen out and always hated him because he was a ?yankee?

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2023, 04:25 PM
The air raid allowed our defense to rest. We didn't run offensive tempo. Also it was ball control with short passing. So there were drives where we ran 10-12 plays and snapped each ball with less than 10 seconds on the play clock. Time of possession in the air raid was always decent. Leach's air raid offense never hurt Arnett's defense from a perspective of rest.

Freeze at Ole Miss and Kiffin at Ole Miss can hurt their own defense. When you run tempo, a 3-and-out is very quick. And even if you run 7-8 plays and score, it goes very quickly. They would snap with tons of time remaining on the play clock.

magrooder
09-16-2023, 04:32 PM
Same group pushed Mullen out and always hated him because he was a ?yankee?

How did this group push Mullen out?

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-16-2023, 04:34 PM
I thought the entire point of hiring Arnett was to keep continuity and continue with the success that this team was built for. When he fired the entire offensive coaching staff and went to something completely different EVERYONE should have seen the red flags.

We are an air raid team trying to run a power run offense. For 3 years the offensive lineman's first step was backwards into pass protection, and now they are being told to road grade.

I's glad our "Run da footbaw" sect of our fanbase is happy, because we have a 5 game ceiling for this season with a veteran 9 win team.

If we play this bad at home, imagine what's next. South Carolina is going to beat the living shit out of us next week.

If this continues, Arnett needs to go this year and we need to start over with a real coaching search unlike last year. That was pathetic today.

So glad the dip and dunk is gone. Im sure Gene34 thinks that the "Real offense" is just a week away.