PDA

View Full Version : I never want to hear complaining about fan attendance again

civildawg
09-16-2023, 02:39 PM
Do most of you realize how long it's been since we had a good offense that was fun to watch? Dans last year with Fitzgerald was most likely the last time we were at least entertaining to watch. That's what? 7 years ago? Our program needs a huge shot in the arm. We wasted 2018 and now we are wasting a senior laden team that won 9 games a year ago.

Football is entertainment and our football team has but anything but entertaining that 7 years. That's a long time. I feel like our football program is wandering through the wilderness like our basketball program was for a decade.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 03:04 PM
There were approximately two thousand open seats in the stadium in the first quarter.

SaintDawg
09-16-2023, 03:23 PM
Do most of you realize how long it's been since we had a good offense that was fun to watch? Dans last year with Fitzgerald was most likely the last time we were at least entertaining to watch. That's what? 7 years ago? Our program needs a huge shot in the arm. We wasted 2018 and now we are wasting a senior laden team that won 9 games a year ago.

Football is entertainment and our football team has but anything but entertaining that 7 years. That's a long time. I feel like our football program is wandering through the wilderness like our basketball program was for a decade.

Until this program and school learn how to lie, cheat and steal and develop a kill or be killed attitude about sports, like the rest of the dominant schools in Div 1, State wont amount to shit in athletics. Days of being ?the good guy? need to end. Hell, Tebow never missed a bible study but he he sure as shit knew what Urban Meyer and the rest of that team was about. If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin.

Offshore Dawg
09-16-2023, 03:38 PM
Happening in baseball also.

Coursesuper
09-16-2023, 03:58 PM
Happening in baseball also.

In the current state of affairs Within 5 years we will not field a competitive team in any sport. We are not playing the game. It has passed us and we are trying to play catch up and doing it poorly.

civildawg
09-16-2023, 04:01 PM
Not to disrespect Charlie at all because without him we are even worse shape but when he publicly said we aren't giving NIL deals to recruits that sign I knew we were in trouble. That will have to change some or we will become vandy

CharlieWinfield
09-16-2023, 04:44 PM
Not to disrespect Charlie at all because without him we are even worse shape but when he publicly said we aren't giving NIL deals to recruits that sign I knew we were in trouble. That will have to change some or we will become vandy

When we first started, we were only in a position to retain older players. Currently, though, every player on the roster has an NIL deal with The Bulldog Initiative.

Ranchdawg
09-16-2023, 04:52 PM
Until this program and school learn how to lie, cheat and steal and develop a kill or be killed attitude about sports, like the rest of the dominant schools in Div 1, State wont amount to shit in athletics. Days of being ?the good guy? need to end. Hell, Tebow never missed a bible study but he he sure as shit knew what Urban Meyer and the rest of that team was about. If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin.

Totally agree. We don?t do IMO crap correct. We damn sure don?t cheat to get great players. We don?t instill in players we do have that they are required to play like they will die if they don?t make the play. We don?t market our brand worth two cents can?t even find a Maroon M over S hat that?s not a fitted hat. All the time changing our signature. We never win the press conference or media hype. Make terrible hires. Let people that actually do their job in the atheletic Dept. leave and go to our sec competitors. I could go on and on. That to me is why suck at just about every sport except occasionally.

Maroonthirteen
09-16-2023, 07:51 PM
This thread is great..... "don't tell me to come to the game."

"We need to pay players."

'I'm not participating until someone else participates more.'

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:05 PM
For an 11 am kick and what we've seen first two games, very nice crowd today. Really proud of the students. They show up and set the tone in Davis Wade. They stayed till late in 3rd too. I hate it for the students. They want to get excited about the team. I have one kid still there. We are about to lose the students if this doesn't improve.

But agree with OP. Fans have done there part. We've put some crap product out there since Dan, that is fact. Dang, its been 6 years.

Also one thing I hate is a visiting team to take over out stadium. Makes we want to never come back. That is what happened today. Saw some recruits there today, they didn't look impressed.

R2Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:06 PM
This thread is great..... "don't tell me to come to the game."

"We need to pay players."

'I'm not participating until someone else participates more.'

Ha, ha. And we paid some players; obviously again not the right ones. For bad investors the stock market is a loser, just like NIL for those that invest poorly.