PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember our 3rd game under leach?

msstate7
09-16-2023, 02:27 PM
Lost 24-2.

Today was ugly, but we're transitioning. This was the best team we will face this season. Go get the gamecocks

Pancho
09-16-2023, 02:28 PM
please don't offend those who choose to transition.*******

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 02:31 PM
1) Leach had won everywhere he'd been- we had an expectation of him ultimately putting together winning teams because the history said that would happen.

2) He was taking over for JoMo who let the inmates run the asylum- we knew there would be discipline issues the new HC had to work out.

Contrast that with Arnett, who's not proven he's a good HC, and was handed a solid 9-4 team with no discipline problems.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 02:31 PM
please don't offend those who choose to transition.*******

Nice

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 02:32 PM
Will Rogers must transfer immediately to the Millsaps Majors for us to win any SEC games. But, we don't want to win any SEC games. Death is our bride.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 02:37 PM
This offense performs best with a QB like Mike Wright not Will Rogers. Arnett and Barbay better get a clue quick. Barbay can?t call QB keepers and a read option bc Will can?t do it. I thought Will was Tyler Russell in this offense but he?s looking more like Mike Henig.

Turfdawg67
09-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Anyone remember Arnett's first 4 games as a head coach? We looked like shit in all of them. Good thing 3 of them were against weak ass teams.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 02:40 PM
Lost 24-2.

Today was ugly, but we're transitioning. This was the best team we will face this season. Go get the gamecocks

Massive difference is barbay had a complete off season

Leach was hampered by no spring and covid testing keep players out.

It's not the same and not even close

Turfdawg67
09-16-2023, 02:41 PM
1) Leach had won everywhere he'd been- we had an expectation of him ultimately putting together winning teams because the history said that would happen.

2) He was taking over for JoMo who let the inmates run the asylum- we knew there would be discipline issues the new HC had to work out.

Contrast that with Arnett, who's not proven he's a good HC, and was handed a solid 9-4 team with no discipline problems.

Nicer

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 02:42 PM
Lost 24-2.

Doesn?t mean crap. If Will is our QB, I am a UGA fan, from here on out. I entered the transfer portal.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 02:42 PM
Anyone remember Arnett's first 4 games as a head coach? We looked like shit in all of them. Good thing 3 of them were against weak ass teams.

Truth

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 02:43 PM
This offense performs best with a QB like Mike Wright not Will Rogers. Arnett and Barbay better get a clue quick. Barbay can?t call QB keepers and a read option bc Will can?t do it. I thought Will was Tyler Russell in this offense but he?s looking more like Mike Henig.
You do not know this. All you know is we look terrible in all games.

Dawgface
09-16-2023, 02:45 PM
Doesn?t mean crap. If Will is our QB, I am a UGA fan, from here on out. I entered the transfer portal.

Still pulling for a bulldog so not all bad.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Barbay had mobile QBs. Mike Wright is a mobile QB. Will Rogers cannot run this offense because he is a liability. He is a statue in the pocket. Until I call for Barbay?s head, which I?m close, I want to see Wright run this offense for a full quarter at the very least.

msstate7

This seems like a good idea

DownwardDawg
We will be 2-3 in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we can win 6. Beat ole Miss and Kentucky and the non conference games.

FISHDAWG
09-16-2023, 02:49 PM
Lost 24-2.

Don't look now but those Gamecocks are ahead of Georgia

msstate7
09-16-2023, 02:50 PM
Barbay had mobile QBs. Mike Wright is a mobile QB. Will Rogers cannot run this offense because he is a liability. He is a statue in the pocket. Until I call for Barbay?s head, which I?m close, I want to see Wright run this offense for a full quarter at the very least.

Not sure wright is the guy. I think it's gonna take a better qb than wright. We have no choice but to give him time now

msstate7
Don't look now but those Gamecocks are ahead of Georgia

They looked good on that drive

TrapGame
DD, we got a long way to go on this offense to win 6. Making a bowl game would be an achievement.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 02:52 PM
DD, we got a long way to go on this offense to win 6. Making a bowl game would be an achievement.

Eh, we will win at least 6. This should be an 8-win team though, so arnett should be on the hot seat for 6 wins

Biguglyjoe
09-16-2023, 02:53 PM

Say what you want about Henig, but he had balls. He played with plates holding his collar bone together and rebroke it. He gets my respect and Will could learn a lot from him in that regard.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2023, 02:54 PM
Eh, we will win at least 6. This should be an 8-win team though, so arnett should be on the hot seat for 6 wins

Yeah I agree with this. We got work to do.

Coursesuper
09-16-2023, 02:57 PM
Lost 24-2.

What a typical missippy tate response.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 02:57 PM
Say what you want about Henig, but he had balls. He played with plates holding his collar bone together and rebroke it. He gets my respect and Will could learn a lot from him in that regard.

Mike couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and that's what I'm talking about. Tyler Russell was a decent passer but couldn't run a lick.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 02:59 PM

Watching our next opponent playing Georgia. We are a 6 win team.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:00 PM
What a typical missippy tate response.

Today was awful. We lost this game when we decided to change our offense. Changing the offense was about long term success. Was arnett right or wrong? Who knows, but he did it, so there will be pains in the transition.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 03:02 PM
Today was awful. We lost this game when we decided to change our offense. Changing the offense was about long term success. Was arnett right or wrong? Who knows, but he did it, so there will be pains in the transition.

Kidney stone level pain at that.

Damn.

Todd4State
09-16-2023, 03:03 PM
Lost 24-2.

We weren't transitioning in 2020?

Todd4State
09-16-2023, 03:04 PM

Barbay will not be here for long if this keeps up. He literally has two different styles of QB that have won in the SEC and he can't figure out how to use either one.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:05 PM
We weren't transitioning in 2020?

Yes, that's why we scored 2. Transitions suck when you make drastic changes. Leach did much better after his initial season, and I hope arnett can do the same.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:06 PM
Barbay will not be here for long if this keeps up. He literally has two different styles of QB that have won in the SEC and he can't figure out how to use either one.

He and arnett better get better fast. No argument

Todd4State
09-16-2023, 03:08 PM

He was dumb to switch offenses with these players. MSU was dumb for not doing a national search.

This is a similar situation as Moorhead without the blatant lack of team discipline.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:10 PM
He was dumb to switch offenses with these players. MSU was dumb for not doing a national search.

This is a similar situation as Moorhead without the blatant lack of team discipline.

Again, I won't argue with this either. I hated the arnett hire. Zach may be great, but I felt the hire was lazy. I thought the hire was about just maintaining continuity, but then he blew it up. Just don't understand what we were doing

Coursesuper
09-16-2023, 03:10 PM

What is typical is that no one sees the big picture. Our fate was sealed when the NIL came into existence and we failed to get out in front of that. The attitude that we just need to suck it up and good things will come won?t cut it anymore. That ship sailed. The game has fundamentally changed and we failed to foresee the changes. We got in to late are are reaping what we sowed do to our inability to react quickly and to do as we have always done, move as slowly or as conservatively as possible. This paralysis by over analysis has serve to put our programs back further and further.

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 03:11 PM
South Florida playing hard against Alabama. We never had intensity close to that today. We play like we don't care and go through the motions.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:11 PM
To go along with Trap's point, please tell me where these 3 wins will come from to get to 6-6.

We went to OT with ARIZONA at home. We will not win on the road vs an SC team that recruits much better and pays its coaches more than Zona. Similarly, Kentucky will come here and us.

Western Michigan and USM are 2 wins.

So we've got to win 2 of the following: @Auburn, @Arky, @A&M, or vs an OM team that would hand 70 on our defense if we played today. Maybe we win at Auburn, but they didn't need OT to beat Cal and their HC is much better than ours. They'll improve and I'm not sure we will. Arky doesn't look good but home field and a better QB and quite possibly a better defense too say otherwise.

Can anyone say today's performance looked better than SE LA? hard to compare the competition levels but I'd say no, we didn't look like we improved from week 1.

Overall, Will overthrew screens, deep balls, out routes, and under threw some too. Was 11/28. Took unnecessary sacks. Defense was AWFUL. OL can't block. What team can you beat with a statue QB that can't throw, an OL that can't block, and a bad D? I can't predict us to beat anyone. Maybe we do get 2 SEC wins to get to 6-6 but I don't see it.

Leroy Jenkins
09-16-2023, 03:14 PM
We have to change the offense, or change the QB. I don't care which one, but can't keep both.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:16 PM
Yes, that's why we scored 2. Transitions suck when you make drastic changes. Leach did much better after his initial season, and I hope arnett can do the same.

Again, NOT the same.

- Barbay... full spring and off season and summer.

- Leach, No spring. Not much summer. Player testing to covid... etc.

Not the same thing.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:17 PM
To go along with Trap's point, please tell me where these 3 wins will come from to get to 6-6.

We went to OT with ARIZONA at home. We will not win on the road vs an SC team that recruits much better and pays its coaches more than Zona. Similarly, Kentucky will come here and us.

So we've got to win 2 of the following: @Auburn, @Arky, @A&M, or vs an OM team that would hand 70 on our defense if we played today. Maybe we win at Auburn, but they didn't need OT to beat Cal and their HC is much better than ours. They'll improve and I'm not sure we will. Arky doesn't look good but home field and a better QB and quite possibly a better defense too say otherwise.

Can anyone say today's performance looked better than SE LA? hard to compare the competition levels but I'd say no, we didn't look like we improved from week 1.

Overall, Will overthrew screens, deep balls, out routes, and under threw some too. Was 11/28. Took unnecessary sacks. Defense was AWFUL. OL can't block. What team can you beat with a statue QB that can't throw, an OL that can't block, and a bad D? I can't predict us to beat anyone. Maybe we do get 2 SEC wins to get to 6-6 but I don't see it.

we are 2-1.

We need 4 wins.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:17 PM
Again, NOT the same.

- Barbay... full spring and off season and summer.

- Leach, No spring. Not much summer. Player testing to covid... etc.

Not the same thing.

The offenses are totally different. Yes, drastic changes take time

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:22 PM
The offenses are totally different. Yes, drastic changes take time

No no sir. Why are you glossing over the facts that I just laid out.

Was Barbay hampered installing his system due to a virus that locked down a nation? NO

Was Barbay hampered with player testing and being forced to sit out? No.

Is Barbay hampered with players not being able to play due to testing of covid? No.

These two scenarios you put up are not the same at all.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 03:22 PM

This offense and Will Rogers is like tartar sauce on cheese cake. Is Mike Wright better? I don't know. The coaches aren't playing him so he must be bad? Well then, if Mike Wright is worse than what we saw out of Will today we are soooooo screwed this season.

Winning 6 and keeping the bowl streak is going to be an achievement for these coaches.

FISHDAWG
09-16-2023, 03:30 PM
They looked good on that drive

And they're still ahead

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 03:32 PM
This offense and Will Rogers is like tartar sauce on cheese cake. Is Mike Wright better? I don't know. The coaches aren't playing him so he must be bad? Well then, if Mike Wright is worse than what we saw out of Will today we are soooooo screwed this season.

Winning 6 and keeping the bowl streak is going to be an achievement for these coaches.
Wright was able to scramble and get a passing TD..... I doubt Will could evade that pressure

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:32 PM
And they're still ahead

I think we got destroyed by the best team in the sec. I think lsu wins the sec

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:34 PM
Wright was able to scramble and get a passing TD..... I doubt Will could evade that pressure

That was not a scramble that was a designed roll out against the 2s and 3s

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 03:34 PM
Nick freaking Saban can't do shit without a qb. What makes people think our coaches can?

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 03:35 PM

Not sure about that just yet. Kirby may have something to say about that. Gawga D is always tough.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:35 PM

They might be the best SEC team this year, but they aren't that good. FSU proved that. They'd be the 3rd or 4th best SEC team most years. Honestly, I'm not sure they're better than last years LSU team that we had a lead on going into the 4th

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:36 PM
Not sure about that just yet. Kirby may have something to say about that. Gawga D is always tough.

Georgia has to get better offensively. They certainly can

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 03:36 PM

Because the defense had to account for Wright running the ball. It opened up space. Easy pitch and score. Will would have immediately gone into the fetal position or overthrown the receiver by a yard.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:37 PM
They might be the best SEC team this year, but they aren't that good. FSU proved that. They'd be the 3rd or 4th best SEC team most years. Honestly, I'm not sure they're better than last years LSU team that we had a lead on going into the 4th

Not this year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:37 PM

And Will would have been sacked vs those same 2s and 3s.

Fact is we don't know if Wright can ball. He hasn't had the chance. But we DO know Will can't. And you can't disparage Wrights passing TD without also disparaging Will even more, as Will would have been sacked.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 03:39 PM

Georgia's problem is no Stetson Bennett around.

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 03:41 PM

Fact is we don't know if Wright can ball. He hasn't had the chance. But we DO know Will can't. And you can't disparage Wrights passing TD without also disparaging Will even more, as Will would have been sacked.

We know he can ball...some, he started at Vanderbilt last year.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 03:42 PM

You got a D like Kirby's usually is, you gonna win 11 or 12 every year. Just gotta score a few points. He'll most likely figure it out.
Now he may not win Natty, but SEC is another story.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 03:43 PM
You got a D like Kirby's usually is, you gonna win 11 or 12 every year. Just gotta score a few points. He'll most likely figure it out.
Now he may not win Natty, but SEC is another story.

He can't beat lsu with this offense. Long way to go before they meet though

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 03:46 PM
He can't beat lsu with this offense. Long way to go before they meet though

1st game of the year but FSU handled them. And I'll almost guarantee you Kirby's D will be better. But then FSU offense was really good too. As you say, long way to go yet.

RockyDog

Are you on retainer with the Rogers family for PR? I’ve never seen someone go out of their way to continually defend a short, concrete footed trash QB like you do.

defiantdog
Which Will would not have been able to roll out on.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:47 PM

I didn't disparage his Td. And no, you don;t know that Rogers would have been sacked. He wasn't sacked by the 1s on many roll outs.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 03:48 PM
Are you on retainer with the Rogers family for PR? I’ve never seen someone go out of their way to continually defend a short, concrete footed trash QB like you do.

I'm not defending Rogers and was critical of him today. The fact is we made a stupid hire.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 03:52 PM
I didn't disparage his Td. And no, you don;t know that Rogers would have been sacked. He wasn't sacked by the 1s on many roll outs.

On that particular rollout there was a defender off the edge. Wright only got away with his speed. Yes, Will would have been sacked that play. This isn't me making a general point by saying he'd be sacked, it's just a fact of that situation

KB21
09-16-2023, 03:56 PM

I?m curious. Who was Barbay?s run only QB?

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 04:02 PM

I guess you got all your meltdowns over before the season. Everybody else's time to catch up now ****

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 04:08 PM

Seriously?! You know you hate Barbay but just stop. I'm not happy with him either but let's look at his offense as a whole. We are asking a Air Raid QB who was never a mobile QB to run an offensive system that REQUIRES a mobile QB to be efficient and keep defenses honest.

Right now this offense with Will is peanut butter and mustard. It doesn't go together. I'm short on Barbay too but we need to see a better QB run this offense before totally write it off.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 04:21 PM
Seriously?! You know you hate Barbay but just stop. I'm not happy with him either but let's look at his offense as a whole. We are asking a Air Raid QB who was never a mobile QB to run an offensive system that REQUIRES a mobile QB to be efficient and keep defenses honest.

Right now this offense with Will is peanut butter and mustard. It doesn't go together. I'm short on Barbay too but we need to see a better QB run this offense before totally write it off.

I agree, but I feel no symphony for barbay or arnett if they stick with a square peg

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 04:25 PM
I agree, but I feel no symphony for barbay or arnett if they stick with a square peg

I 100% agree. This is a part of coaching too. The coaches need to do their jobs.

MBDawg601
09-16-2023, 04:28 PM
I will always love Mike Leach and what he did for the sport. National Treasure.

I have even more respect for him, putting up the offensive numbers he did with Will Rogers. It is obvious now, Will was a product of the system. Imagine if we would have had an actual QB.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 04:32 PM
I 100% agree. This is a part of coaching too. The coaches need to do their jobs.

Symphony, haha

NCDawg
09-16-2023, 04:34 PM
Will Rogers must transfer immediately to the Millsaps Majors for us to win any SEC games. But, we don't want to win any SEC games. Death is our bride.

I'll agree Will didn't play too well, but it's not all on him-not by a longshot. OL played poorly, DL has no push, DB's don't cover well. Tackling left a lot to be desired.

KB21
09-16-2023, 04:38 PM

Chase Brice, Daniel Richardson, and Jacob Sirmons. Those are the QBs that have run Barbay?s version of Jim McElwain?s offense the past two years. Those three combined for 36 yards rushing in this system.

Barbay?s scheme is not based on the zone read. It?s not a QB run scheme. It is based off the wide zone run scheme with a secondary drop back passing scheme. It?s the drop back passing scheme that Mike Wright will struggle with.

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 04:44 PM
Chase Brice, Daniel Richardson, and Jacob Sirmons. Those are the QBs that have run Barbay?s version of Jim McElwain?s offense the past two years. Those three combined for 36 yards rushing in this system.

Barbay?s scheme is not based on the zone read. It?s not a QB run scheme. It is based off the wide zone run scheme with a secondary drop back passing scheme. It?s the drop back passing scheme that Mike Wright will struggle with.

Right now Will's struggling with the whole damn thing. And did any of those other QBs who weren't mobile just sit back in the pocket and fall into the fetal position BEFORE they were sacked?

Mike Wright at least offers another dimension to this offense that Will could never give.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 04:47 PM
Sounds to me like KB may really know what he's talking about. Not gonna research to be sure tho. If he's right then "GREAT ... Fantastic". I'm looking forward to the Barbay era ****

SailingDawg
09-16-2023, 04:54 PM
I think it?s the death penalty for Will to be expected to run this offense after three years of air raid in college and also running the air raid in high school.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 04:59 PM
It?s the drop back passing scheme that Mike Wright will struggle with.

11/28 for 103 yards and 5 sacks.

msstate7
09-16-2023, 05:04 PM
11/28 for 103 yards and 5 sacks.

Lol, no shit

KB21
09-16-2023, 05:10 PM
Barbay can?t design the offense to fit Will?s need to be a rhythm passer. What makes you think he can call an offense that focuses on Wright?s ability to run?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 05:12 PM
Barbay can?t design the offense to fit Will?s need to be a rhythm passer. What makes you think he can call an offense that focuses on Wright?s ability to run?

Thus far, he's called 7 run plays fro Wright and 1 pass. Seems like he gets the memo on what Wright is

KB21
09-16-2023, 05:13 PM
Some of you are trying to put all of this on Will when our play caller is calling blocking schemes that ask the backside guard to pull and pass protect against Harold Perkins. And you wonder why Will has pressure when he gets to the top of his drop.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 05:20 PM
Some of you are trying to put all of this on Will when our play caller is calling blocking schemes that ask the backside guard to pull and pass protect against Harold Perkins. And you wonder why Will has pressure when he gets to the top of his drop.

I don't put this on Will.

Coaches are Fing AWFUL. Defensive and offensive.

We scraped the air raid entirely when we should have just modernized it. Defense is poorly coached- looses assignments, DL regressed, awful playcalls, predictable schemes, no adjustments etc. OL coach is awful. WRs are not playing crisp or adding anything other than raw athleticism after a catch. Arnett has no idea what he's doing. We have no TE but by god we're going to play one because putting in 2RBs or a 4th WR would mean adapting to the personnel!

Put Wright in at QB, we still have a bad OL, mediocre WRs, use a useless TE, and have a mid -at best- defense. But you can beat an Auburn with that and maybe make a bowl. But don't put Wright in, and you add "passing QB that can't pass" to the list and we can't beat Auburn.

We need it ALL fixed, but changing the QB is the only solution that can be implemented immediately. The others are on coaches that we probably need to fire.

NCDawg
09-16-2023, 05:57 PM
Sounds to me like KB may really know what he's talking about. Not gonna research to be sure tho. If he's right then "GREAT ... Fantastic". I'm looking forward to the Barbay era ****

I think he knows what he's talking about, also. I'm not sure we have the talent for this type offense.

CaptainObvious
09-16-2023, 08:28 PM
The answer to all of these issues is coaching at Colorado! He would have cleaned house, let Will transfer, brought Shedeur, Shiloh and Hunter with him along with about 50 more Portal transfer to replace the 22 senior starters.

BankerDog
09-16-2023, 08:32 PM
Georgia's problem is no Stetson Bennett around.

Remember when we almost hired Mike Bobo??

Brad P at it again!

Really Clark?
09-16-2023, 08:40 PM
The answer to all of these issues is coaching at Colorado! He would have cleaned house, let Will transfer, brought Shedeur, Shiloh and Hunter with him along with about 50 more Portal transfer to replace the 22 senior starters.

He was at Colorado before Coach Leach passed away

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 08:59 PM

Ding ding ding

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:00 PM
Remember when we almost hired Mike Bobo??

Brad P at it again!

Ding ding ding ding

Really Clark?
09-16-2023, 09:18 PM
Ding ding ding ding

Ding ding ding what? That wasn't even true

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:19 PM
Ding ding ding what? That wasn't even true

Ok. And saying Brad P didnt have his way isnt true either

Really Clark?
09-16-2023, 09:21 PM
Ok

Dude I love you and your defense of Will but that was a false rumor. There was absolutely zero truth to Bobo becoming our OC.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 09:22 PM
Dude I love you and your defense of Will but that was a false rumor. There was absolutely zero truth to Bobo becoming our OC.

I wasnt referencing that as much

MrCoachKlein
09-16-2023, 10:28 PM

IL may not pass the helmet test, but they were a damn good team last yr.