NeuteredDawg
09-16-2023, 01:33 PM
Give him a few series. What is to lose?

civildawg
09-16-2023, 01:36 PM
I'd rather see anyone not named Will Rogers. ANYONE

ZedFedder
09-16-2023, 01:37 PM
I do not know if it?s Rogers, Barbary, or a mix, but something is very off with Will.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 01:49 PM
He cant throw it great either. Just like Sawyer.

StarkVegasSteve
09-16-2023, 01:52 PM
It is not even Will. We could have Dak back there and it would not matter. Our O line is shit. It is very easy to see why Auburn fans openly rejoiced that Will Friend left. Ironic we have 2 OL coaches and our O line still sucks.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2023, 02:34 PM

I'm just saying. We recruited 3 HIGHLY rated qbs and they couldn't hardly crack garbage time and when they did looked like crap. Well look where they are now.

Now you tell me another highly rated qb sucks?

I'm ready to say f*ck it. If he can be Mobile on the edges. And hit something more than 20 yards

Lets ride

Lets end the Will reign.
It's time to build for the future and the faster we don't ride the same dog and pony show. We can move forward in progression.

But that's not happening. At worst. Wright would take over.

redstickdawg
09-16-2023, 02:36 PM

If he plays not scared and willing to run that would be a dramatic improvement

Pancho
Arnett lacks the nuts to bench will.

NCMSTFAN
It is not even Will. We could have Dak back there and it would not matter. Our O line is shit. It is very easy to see why Auburn fans openly rejoiced that Will Friend left. Ironic we have 2 OL coaches and our O line still sucks.

Will plays a big role too though. It's coaching and it's Will

NCMSTFAN
09-16-2023, 02:37 PM

I'm definitely starting to believe this

vindastra
09-16-2023, 03:01 PM

Neither can Will

Mjoelner34
09-16-2023, 03:05 PM

Who told you that? Will or the Elite 11 coaches while they were handing him the Rail Shot trophy?

Bothrops
09-16-2023, 03:06 PM

Well that will cost him

TrapGame
09-16-2023, 03:10 PM

Sure looks that way. Mike Wright should have been given the entire fourth quarter to see if he could put up some points.

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2023, 03:14 PM
Who told you that? Will or the Elite 11 coaches while they were handing him the Rail Shot trophy?

Practice told me

RockyDog
09-16-2023, 03:17 PM
Practice told me

Let me guess. During these practices, Heisman Willie never lets the ball hit the ground.

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 03:21 PM
Will can't evade pressure. A mobile qb gives you an extra edge in college football.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2023, 03:50 PM
Will can't evade pressure. A mobile qb gives you an extra edge in college football.

I agree with this. Unless you've got a first round NFL draft pick pocket QB, then give me a guy with some mobility. I can live with a statue in the pocket if he's Peyton Manning. I can't live with a statue in the pocket if he's Will Rogers.

KB21
09-16-2023, 05:16 PM
The offensive scheme is too complex for a true freshman to step in and operate.

Dawgology
09-16-2023, 05:18 PM
Practice told me

Sure it did buddy

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 05:23 PM
Practice told me
Dak used to be awful in practice for what it's worth

Dawgology
09-16-2023, 05:24 PM
Honestly most 4th year QB’s look good in practice knowing they aren’t going to be hit and the defense they are practicing against plays 5 yards off their receivers

NCMSTFAN
09-16-2023, 05:25 PM

Then simply the offense for him

CadaverDawg

Would hate for us to get blown out. *

CadaverDawg
Then simply the offense for him

Exactly.

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 05:29 PM

He can't be worse than will was today.

MississippiHippie
09-16-2023, 05:29 PM
Be dumb to play anyone but parsons

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 05:31 PM
It's a PR and locker room nightmare. He has to let everyone see it before he makes a move. Teammates and fans.

Leroy Jenkins
You know what they say, "if you have 2 OL coaches, you don't have one". *

the_real_MSU_is_us

11/28 for 103 yards and 5 sacks

I keep repeating this because there's all this "Wright/Parsons can't do X" talk as if Will can. He can't. The comparison is not between a "mobile guy that can't run the offense vs an immobile guy that can pass it", it's between a "mobile guy that likely can't run the offense and a immobile guy we know can't".

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 05:32 PM
Practice told me

Practice also told you that Will was going to be a deep threat..,

AROB44
09-16-2023, 05:34 PM

Then why did we sign him?

Really Clark?
09-16-2023, 05:34 PM

I've been to practice too, he is a better thrower than Sawyer.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2023, 05:36 PM

I keep repeating this because there's all this "Wright/Parsons can't do X" talk as if Will can. He can't. The comparison is not between a "mobile guy that can't run the offense vs an immobile guy that can pass it", it's between a "mobile guy that likely can't run the offense and a immobile guy we know can't".

Bingo. This is everything that needs to be said

KB21
09-16-2023, 05:41 PM
I hope they do use the other QBs. Maybe it will sink in that this coordinator is clueless when they do.

msugolf
09-16-2023, 05:42 PM

Thats BS. He was the elite 11 qb mvp. You dont win that being a bad passer. If he isnt doing anything in practice time then the problem lies somewhere else

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2023, 05:51 PM
Thats BS. He was the elite 11 qb mvp. You dont win that being a bad passer. If he isnt doing anything in practice time then the problem lies somewhere else

Agreed. Failure of the coaching staff. Instead we are penis tied to Will, forever.

defiantdog
09-16-2023, 05:53 PM
Agreed. Failure of the coaching staff. Instead we are penis tied to Will, forever.
Another blow out and they'll be calling for a coaching change and not just a qb

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 06:03 PM
It's a PR and locker room nightmare. He has to let everyone see it before he makes a move. Teammates and fans.

If he is wanting everyone to see it, I think the fans have known it and believe it most of his career. If the locker room could be split then you gotta get the seniors on board with the move this week if we want any chance of a good to special season. It’s all there once the offense figured out how to be consistent and score at least 28 points average.

confucius say
09-16-2023, 06:03 PM

Told y'all. I said this all summer and was talked down to.

Tater
09-16-2023, 06:24 PM

It's not about throwing it well. It's about just throwing it. Will went to some Patrick Mahomes training and hasn't been the same since last offseason.

Dude mentally has the yips and it's over for him. Defense quit caring cause of him.

dawgday166
09-16-2023, 06:33 PM
Dak used to be awful in practice for what it's worth

I said this back in the spring. It's easy to be good in practice when you're wearing a green jersey.

Maverick91
09-16-2023, 06:34 PM
It's not about throwing it well. It's about just throwing it. Will went to some Patrick Mahomes training and hasn't been the same since last offseason.

Dude mentally has the yips and it's over for him. Defense quit caring cause of him.

If this is reality then that?s a green light be me if I?m arnett that a change will be good for the locker room.

Tater
09-16-2023, 06:44 PM
If this is reality then that?s a green light be me if I?m arnett that a change will be good for the locker room.

Anyone who watched the game saw the defense check out after the second offensive drive. At this point, it's about putting the best group of 22 out there. If 1 causes the other 21 to play to less potential, even if he's the "best at his position", he's not the best for this school.

redstickdawg
09-16-2023, 07:09 PM
Anyone who watched the game saw the defense check out after the second offensive drive. At this point, it's about putting the best group of 22 out there. If 1 causes the other 21 to play to less potential, even if he's the "best at his position", he's not the best for this school.

The defense certainly wore out, was it cause the offense sucked so bad, IDK. If that was the case we could only improve hard to believe that we can regress from the shit show today.

Pinto
09-16-2023, 07:51 PM
Anyone can look amazing in a green ?don?t touch me? jersey

Practice told me

civildawg
09-16-2023, 07:54 PM
I honestly think the coaches have gotten a false sense of security from our defense due to playing against our offense in practice

TheLostDawg
09-16-2023, 09:03 PM
If he is wanting everyone to see it, I think the fans have known it and believe it most of his career. If the locker room could be split then you gotta get the seniors on board with the move this week if we want any chance of a good to special season. It?s all there once the offense figured out how to be consistent and score at least 28 points average.

He had the easy way out letting Wright play 4th q. He didn't. My question is why

TheLostDawg
09-16-2023, 09:06 PM
The defense certainly wore out, was it cause the offense sucked so bad, IDK. If that was the case we could only improve hard to believe that we can regress from the shit show today.

I think that it's due to the fact that we have young guys learning on the job. Arnett said post game we kept getting burned when we went to man. Yet we kept doing it. It's about time he starts calling defense again

Cooterpoot
09-16-2023, 09:12 PM
The defense gave up huge plays every series and sucked from the first snap. They didn't get tired. They sucked.

CaptainObvious
09-16-2023, 09:32 PM
I do agree our Defense could make The Real Statue of a Liberty look good throwing that torch.

But I also know that Will needs a clean pocket and 5 seconds to complete a pass more than 10 yards downfield. This offensive scheme gives the look of run blocking on passing plays with 6 guys trying to block. Leach?s offense literally used 5 guys to block on an average of 55 pass plays per game, and kept Will fairly clean for at least 4 seconds on most of those.

This line was not built for this offense. These receivers were not recruited for this style offense. This QB was not recruited for this style offense. And this defense can?t work against mobile QBs apparently.

The scheme change makes our guys look like a FCS program. Look how long it took to get going against FCS Southeastern La.

Percho
09-16-2023, 09:54 PM
GS just scored his 4 running TD.

TheLostDawg
09-16-2023, 09:58 PM
I do agree our Defense could make The Real Statue of a Liberty look good throwing that torch.

But I also know that Will needs a clean pocket and 5 seconds to complete a pass more than 10 yards downfield. This offensive scheme gives the look of run blocking on passing plays with 6 guys trying to block. Leach?s offense literally used 5 guys to block on an average of 55 pass plays per game, and kept Will fairly clean for at least 4 seconds on most of those.

This line was not built for this offense. These receivers were not recruited for this style offense. This QB was not recruited for this style offense. And this defense can?t work against mobile QBs apparently.

The scheme change makes our guys look like a FCS program. Look how long it took to get going against FCS Southeastern La.

Arnett needs to go back to calling defense.
Barbay needs to do what he said and make this offense fit his playmakers. If our o line can't do it then he better adjust to something they can do. That or put Mike in so he can make us a little more dimensional

War Machine Dawg
09-16-2023, 11:13 PM

You get it.

sandjunky
09-17-2023, 07:11 AM
Coach Arnott or coach Arnonutts

Ah that brings me back to fall of 2004 reading that

Which remarkably this team resembles both in play and coaching ability

msstate7
09-17-2023, 07:21 AM

Dak would make no difference? Wow

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2023, 08:31 AM
Dak would make no difference? Wow

It would look a lot like the 2015 Alabama game

msstate7
09-17-2023, 08:38 AM

Dak would at least slow down DEs selling out going outside. Dak could take off. Even as the biggest will fan, surely you rather have dak's athleticism with this porous oline

Tater
09-17-2023, 09:31 AM

So we know Will gives us that every week. What does Mike Wright give us?