PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins for Freezus....

Coach34
12-02-2013, 11:10 PM
http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/47096/Egg-Bowl-moved-Campus-1991-Freshman-Year-Ole-Miss?page=1#.Up1ZM8RDuSo

4-0 non-Conference and 3-5 in the SEC...Freeze is taking a page from the Cutcliffe playbook for the road to Bowl-eligibility. MO and Auburn were both terrible last year and are playing for an SEC Championship this year, yet we're content with "improvement" from 6-6 to 7-5.

Others try to come to the rescue with "State cares more" but this guy makes some good points

Political Hack
12-02-2013, 11:14 PM
typical shortsideded fans. They're everywhere. Takes time to build from the cellar.

Even though OM fans are great about pulling in the same direction, they're terrible about exhibiting patience and allowing a coach any slack. that delusional hysteria that carries their program has positives and negatives. Looks like they may be headed back towards the negative side of things here shortly...

messageboardsuperhero
12-02-2013, 11:23 PM
typical shortsideded fans. They're everywhere. Takes time to build from the cellar.

Even though OM fans are great about pulling in the same direction, they're terrible about exhibiting patience and allowing a coach any slack. that delusional hysteria that carries their program has positives and negatives. Looks like they may be headed back towards the negative side of things here shortly...

They are their own worst enemy in this regard. I've never seen such impatience from a fanbase that hasn't had much consistent success in about 50 years.

PassInterference
12-02-2013, 11:27 PM
REPEATEDLY they say MSU fans want it more. That is means less to them.

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/11/27/112712-Mississippi-Rebels-SW-PI_20121127123515946_660_320.JPG

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ole-miss-fined-5-000-fans-rushing-field-172104779--ncaaf.html

Ole Miss' first win over rival Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl in three years is going to cost the university $5,000.

The SEC fined Ole Miss because its fans rushed the field following the 41-24 win over the No. 25 Bulldogs. It was Ole Miss' first win over its rival since 2008 and gave the Rebels bowl eligibility for the first time since 2009.

Original48
12-02-2013, 11:34 PM
That is hilarious PI...and should be posted under ever post claiming "we don't care". They had themselves their own little Auburn moment last year.

Dallas_Dawg
12-02-2013, 11:51 PM
I think this last Egg Bowl really has to hurt. Mullen dominated Nutt and they countered with Freeze. He had one year to win while we had a Tyler Russell at QB and Chris Wilson a defense.
Now in year two Mullen dominates them physically with a third string QB most of the game. They are all shitting themselves in oxford

C222
12-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Reading their excuses/reasons why they lost has been truly comical. I'm enjoying every second of it.

engie
12-02-2013, 11:57 PM
LOL @ that thread...

Every. Single. Time we are better than them at something -- it's because they "don't really care that much". It's insane how quickly they quit caring about baseball and called themselves a basketball school last year.

engie
12-03-2013, 12:06 AM
I think this last Egg Bowl really has to hurt. Mullen dominated Nutt and they countered with Freeze. He had one year to win while we had a Tyler Russell at QB and Chris Wilson a defense.
Now in year two Mullen dominates them physically with a third string QB most of the game. They are all shitting themselves in oxford

And they know they've got 2 more years having to deal with Dak Prescott...who gives them Relf flashbacks on steroids. The extent that our defense figured them out was tremendous really -- and Nickoe is all we lose from that defense, who we should be able to replace without much of a hiccup overall(I thought Arrington was well on his way to taking/deserving that spot before he got hurt early -- he was awesome in the OK State game).

Meanwhile, they've finally come to terms with the fact that they've got some rather major OL troubles -- and will be losing 5 of the 10 OL on their Egg Bowl depth chart next season including 2 starters. And they've got no one that really fits a right tackle prototype on roster right now...

cheewgumm
12-03-2013, 12:10 AM
" welcome to my world hugh". - d Mullen

cheewgumm
12-03-2013, 12:12 AM
I think it is funny because he will get fired, but I think it is a GREAT thing to put pressure on your coach.

They are doing him a favor if u ask
Me. Though he won't respond properly.

CadaverDawg
12-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Looks like ole Stansbucky needs to learn to develop players and not just depend on talent alone. This isn't SEC basketball after all.

Todd4State
12-03-2013, 01:04 AM
I think it is funny because he will get fired, but I think it is a GREAT thing to put pressure on your coach.

They are doing him a favor if u ask
Me. Though he won't respond properly.

Some coaches I agree- pressure is probably a good thing. But in Freeze's case, I don't think so. He seems very sensitive. If everything is going well or can be spun as going well, he is OK. If not- well, he gets into arguments with parodies of himself, calls out his players when the team loses, and gets into arguments with fans in the stands. And two of those three things happened BEFORE he lost the Egg Bowl.

When you are the head football coach of a D-I SEC school- you can't do stuff like that.

I highly suspect that now that there's pressure on him or going to be pressure that things could get crazy.

Dawg61
12-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Whose got the video of Freezus getting mad while he's wearing a Hugh Freeze shirt?

RougeDawg
12-03-2013, 02:34 AM
]And they know they've got 2 more years having to deal with Dak Prescott...who gives them Relf flashbacks on steroids. [/B]The extent that our defense figured them out was tremendous really -- and Nickoe is all we lose from that defense, who we should be able to replace without much of a hiccup overall(I thought Arrington was well on his way to taking/deserving that spot before he got hurt early -- he was awesome in the OK State game).

Meanwhile, they've finally come to terms with the fact that they've got some rather major OL troubles -- and will be losing 5 of the 10 OL on their Egg Bowl depth chart next season including 2 starters. And they've got no one that really fits a right tackle prototype on roster right now...

This All mother ****ing day. Ralph 2.0 came in for 11+ minutes and completely gave it to them Raw Dawg style. They are fearing what a full 60 minutes of Dak Attack will do in their house next year, plus a true Freshman Williams held his own against them. Damien will be there as well, along with our other QB's who fit this offense. They are so ****ing scared right now. Not just because we have won 4 of 5, but because we are dominating them after they have broken the bank the past few years. They are seeing that, no matter how much chee$e they throw at recruits, that we have been owning them. You cant buy wins. Just look at the NY Yankee's. They always have the highest payroll but haven't won in a while.

**** them, and thank God for humble team players like Chris Jones, Dak, JRob, McKinney, Calhoun, Market, Wilson, Shump, The Johnson's, etc., I could keep going. We seem to have a group of guys who are only worried about one thing. Putting a hurting on the opponent and winning. And when we don't win, they still impose some physical pain on the opponent. That's what I like seeing.

Maroons
12-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Looks like ole Stansbucky needs to learn to develop players and not just depend on talent alone. This isn't SEC basketball after all.

"Stansbucky". You are so cool.

MadDawg
12-03-2013, 09:54 AM
They are their own worst enemy in this regard. I've never seen such impatience from a fanbase that hasn't had much consistent success in about 50 years.

Never?

joedog
12-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I believe it began pregame for freezus

http://s11.postimg.org/t1e7c41f7/Untitled_2.gif (http://postimage.org/)

Political Hack
12-03-2013, 01:38 PM
hahahahahaha

hacker
12-03-2013, 01:48 PM
This guy just leveled the whole thread.

Maybe it’s just me, but I hate the “we lost because MSU cares more” excuse.

And yes, it’s an excuse. It reminds me of the old Chris Rock rant where the dude was bragging about supporting his kids, and Rock said, “MFer you’re SUPPOSED TO support your kids.”

It’s the Egg Bowl. You know, that game against our in-state rival? You’re SUPPOSED TO care about this game. Should I be comforted by the thought that we lost because our players didn’t care as much as MSU’s players? Like oh sure, we had the better team and all but our guys just didn’t try as hard as them so I feel better about the loss because if we had REALLY wanted to win things would have been totally different?

And are we not confusing MSU fans’ hatred of Ole Miss with MSU players’ hatred? Why would their players hate UM more than our players hate MSU? And even if MSU players care more about this game than our players, isn’t that an indictment of our coaching, bringing to mind the Houston Nutt comment after his first year about not understanding the importance of this game? And didn’t Freeze say when he took this job that he understands the rivalry and will make sure the players do too? But now our players don't care enough about the game? And can’t we agree that things like talent, coaching, execution, turnovers, etc. matter far more than this nebulous concept of “who wants it more”? It just seems to me some of our fans are having a hard time simply saying, "Hey y'all won, congrats. At least for one night you had the better team and outplayed us." And leaving it at that.