PDA

View Full Version : Evan Mitchell

WeWillScrewItUp
04-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Is getting the start tomorrow night against Memphis. I like the decision. I was hoping him or Woodruff would get the start.

msstate7
04-22-2013, 11:15 AM
I like it too. I'd like to see brandon pitch also. We need our bats to do something so we can get somebody besides Ross and holder in the game

WeWillScrewItUp
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Evan, woodruff, and maybe see bracewell come in to close it out would be nice.

Will James
04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Short leash. Need road wins and no bad losses

WeWillScrewItUp
04-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Very true. Getting the win is first and foremost. Hopefully our bats are hot and we can loosen the leash a little bit but hopefully we will not need to loosen the leash.

Goat Holder
04-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Where was Bracewell this weekend?

msstate7
04-22-2013, 11:39 AM

Do Evan or woodruff ever get a long leash?

mparkerfd20
04-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Is getting the start tomorrow night against Memphis. I like the decision. I was hoping him or Woodruff would get the start.

I see Cohen decided to forfeit this game. Oh well. I have absolutely ZERO faith in Mitchell ever turning it around, but would love to be proven wrong.

Coach34
04-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Where was Bracewell this weekend?

might as well have been backpacking thru Europe

slickdawg
04-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Saturday postgame, he said he had 3-4 guys he wanted to get work on Sunday, but didn't expect to see Lindgren doing so well.

Unless he's pitching lights out, I expect Mitchell to get a few innings, then 1-2 innings each from several guys.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Has Bracewell pitched since the Arkansas series?

Rick Danko
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM

Would a loss necessarily be considered bad (although any loss is never good no matter who you play)? The reason I ask is I thought I read somewhere earlier this Memphis team has several SEC wins including sweeping Ole Miss this year. I have not taken the time to look it up, what is the downside to losing this game other than it sucks to lose. RPI hit? SOS hit? Just curious for some of us who may not keep up with stats as much as others. Thanks.

Todd4State
04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Has Bracewell pitched since the Arkansas series?

He last pitched against Florida.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-22-2013, 12:40 PM
He last pitched against Florida.

Alright appreciate the info Todd. I have discovered it is much easier to ask here and I usually get quicker results than looking it up myself.

Hump4Hoops
04-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Unless tomorrow's ump has a strike zone spanning ankles to eyebrows, our bullpen should get plenty of practice.

Todd4State
04-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Would a loss necessarily be considered bad (although any loss is never good no matter who you play)? The reason I ask is I thought I read somewhere earlier this Memphis team has several SEC wins including sweeping Ole Miss this year. I have not taken the time to look it up, what is the downside to losing this game other than it sucks to lose. RPI hit? SOS hit? Just curious for some of us who may not keep up with stats as much as others. Thanks.

If we're trying to get a national seed, it would hurt with that. The three SEC teams Memphis has beaten include sweeping Missouri- the worst team in the SEC, beating Ole Miss twice, a team that has struggled during the midweek against quality teams, and splitting with an Alabama team that is average.

Right now, they are a sub 100 RPI team and they just lost to Memphis. Plus C-USA is big time down this year. Teams like USM and Tulane are struggling to stay over .500 and I think the Sun Belt will get more at large bids than C-USA. In fact, 21-18 USM is in first place of the league right now.

Todd4State
04-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Unless tomorrow's ump has a strike zone spanning ankles to eyebrows, our bullpen should get plenty of practice.

If all goes well, I expect them to get plenty of practice anyway. I think our coaches would be OK with Evan going three innings and unless he is absolutely cruising no more than five.

It's all those damn quality starts we've been getting lately!

Todd4State
04-22-2013, 04:29 PM
I did a little bit of research. The longest Evan has gone this year is 5 innings. If we want to get some other pitchers some work, he is the guy to go with. Even if he is effective, he strikes out (and walks) a lot of people which means his pitch count is going to likely get up there pretty quickly.

CadaverDawg
04-22-2013, 05:32 PM
I did a little bit of research. The longest Evan has gone this year is 5 innings. If we want to get some other pitchers some work, he is the guy to go with. Even if he is effective, he strikes out (and walks) a lot of people which means his pitch count is going to likely get up there pretty quickly.

I'm excited to see Evan pitch tomorrow. I still have hope for him turning it around enough to help us in the postseason possibly. But then again, I also had hope for Norris going into the Auburn series.

The more I look at the way Evan pitches, the more I think he would make a good closer. He never goes deep into games, and damn near every out he records is a strikeout. He is a power guy with nasty stuff, but he's wild. Maybe just asking him to get 3-6 outs would allow his goofy ass to focus more and locate better? Who knows.