PDA

View Full Version : Arnett

Cowbell
09-16-2023, 03:41 AM
For those that haven't seen it, there is a picture floating around of arnett's mini me (son) standing on his moms shoulder holding a "hey dad" sign behind him as he's on the finebaum show. I hope we all remember that picture the next time we want to run him down. We don't get to see that kind of stuff enough at this level of coaching. A man that has maintained a good family life while rising to an SEC HC (looking at you Freeze and Lane and Jimbo) We all need to give him some grace as he gets his feet wet. He is the real deal but he is going to have growing pains. Heck Jimbo still can't figure it out with 10x the resources.

Santiago
09-16-2023, 07:12 AM
Agree.
I saw that Mrs. Arnett gave Finebaum a carton of eggs from the chickens on their farm. How is this not the most MSU of all coaches we have ever had. Our fan base is rallying around him, and he just instantly seems as one of us.

tireddawg
09-16-2023, 07:19 AM
No doubt Arnett is an oustanding guy, but that stuff doesn't win games. He's paid to win. Don't have the luxury of learning on the job. Not in the SEC.

basedog
09-16-2023, 07:28 AM
I really like Arnett, I think he will do well at Msu, no doubt this is a learning curve this year especially on offense.

Dawgface
09-16-2023, 08:18 AM
I really like Arnett, I think he will do well at Msu, no doubt this is a learning curve this year especially on offense.

I like him too. Offense is a concern but perhaps he's a fast learner.

Offshore Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:38 AM
No doubt Arnett is an oustanding guy, but that stuff doesn't win games. He's paid to win. Don't have the luxury of learning on the job. Not in the SEC.

And another request for instant gratification.

Really Clark?
09-16-2023, 09:13 AM

Dan learned on the job in the SEC and did pretty well for us. Kirby learned on the job in the SEC and is doing a nice job for GA. Chad Morris and Billy Napier had prior experience and crapped / is in the middle of crapping the bed in the SEC. It's a crap shoot either way, find a coach that fits and let them lead. If it doesn't work we will know in 2-3 seasons and can address it then. Don't forgot how many Georgia fans wrote off Kirby his first year.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2023, 09:24 AM
For those that haven't seen it, there is a picture floating around of arnett's mini me (son) standing on his moms shoulder holding a "hey dad" sign behind him as he's on the finebaum show. I hope we all remember that picture the next time we want to run him down. We don't get to see that kind of stuff enough at this level of coaching. A man that has maintained a good family life while rising to an SEC HC (looking at you Freeze and Lane and Jimbo) We all need to give him some grace as he gets his feet wet. He is the real deal but he is going to have growing pains. Heck Jimbo still can't figure it out with 10x the resources.

We had Mullen who did it. This is football, Big time football. You can like the coach as a person and still say he sucks as a coach. Croom is an example. Just win baby! Just 17ing win!

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 09:29 AM
Arnett is a really good fit at State. I sure hope he figures it out (maybe he really has already). I like the guy and want him to succeed.
Stop dropping F bombs on national television though. That was embarrassing.

Tripp McNeely
09-16-2023, 10:20 AM
Agree.
I saw that Mrs. Arnett gave Finebaum a carton of eggs from the chickens on their farm. How is this not the most MSU of all coaches we have ever had. Our fan base is rallying around him, and he just instantly seems as one of us.

Arnett is a really good fit at State. I sure hope he figures it out (maybe he really has already). I like the guy and want him to succeed.

Nah, it was funny! Football coaches cuss...who knew!!! He said EXACTLY what every single one of us were thinking!!!

bulldawg28
09-16-2023, 10:34 AM

Let him express himself. If you don't curse that's understandable but no need to judge.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 11:54 AM
Let him express himself. If you don't curse that's understandable but no need to judge.

Very telling of his leadership abilities on National television. I like him and want him to win, but I'm a team leader for a large corporation. That's just a horrible look. And very telling......

viverlibre
09-16-2023, 12:39 PM

Good gosh almighty, we're all dumber for reading this. If we wanted a good man as a coach, we'd still have Croom. SEC football is a big-time business, coaches are paid several million per year. It's about success, not ethics, honor, family, being a good guys, etc. There's too much money at stake. This is not Sunday School, Boy Scouts, etc.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-16-2023, 12:57 PM
I don?t know anybody running down CZA. But for me Officer Barbrady I mean Coach Barbay is on a serious short leash.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 01:09 PM
I don?t know anybody running down CZA. But for me Officer Barbrady I mean Coach Barbay is on a serious short leash.

Arnett hired him and has sent this circus you are watching out on the field. We have been punched in the mouth today and have no answer. That's a reflection of the head coach.