PDA

View Full Version : Well I guess we don't have a chance...

ScoobaDawg
09-15-2023, 04:33 PM
Noone at Genes Page picked us to win... not even Rosebowl...

We are Screwed.
Let's just cancel the game.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/article/mississippi-state-genespage-247sports-game-3-southeastern-conference-predictions-216128523/

Screw it.

I'm calling it. 37-31 DOGS.

Leroy Jenkins
09-15-2023, 04:42 PM
Well, let's just go ahead and start working on USCe.*

Tater
09-15-2023, 04:58 PM

We are Screwed.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/article/mississippi-state-genespage-247sports-game-3-southeastern-conference-predictions-216128523/

Screw it.

I'm standing by my 12-0 pick until data shows me that I should predict 11-1. Dawgs by 90

ScoobaDawg
09-15-2023, 04:59 PM
And more... 5 of 7 believe we cover... but NONE believe we pull the upset
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-vs-mississippi-state-prediction-pick-spread-football-game-odds-live-stream-watch-online-tv-channel/

Commercecomet24
09-15-2023, 05:02 PM
Heck yeah push all the chips in!

RockyDog
09-15-2023, 07:50 PM

We are Screwed.

Screw it.

Seems like everyone at Jean?s page is smart and has actually paid attention to our games. Anybody who buys this we played vanilla for 2 games BS is delusional.

Maverick91
09-15-2023, 07:55 PM
Seems like everyone at Jean?s page is smart and has actually paid attention to our games. Anybody who buys this we played vanilla for 2 games BS is delusional.

I don’t think we played vanilla but I also don’t think we showed what our offense is going to be

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2023, 08:07 PM
Well.... they have to be "professional journalists".

Forget 'em.

smootness
09-15-2023, 08:15 PM
I don’t think we played vanilla but I also don’t think we showed what our offense is going to be

Then we are dumb. Because it already almost cost us a game.

Every time people make this claim, it turns out that what we saw was actually just what we are. We may play better and coach better, and we will have to, but I doubt very seriously we have been holding back on much. There is no reason outside of hope and homerism to think we win tomorrow.

Coach34
09-15-2023, 08:24 PM

We have our annual big game rivalry at 5pm tomorrow. We have held back formations, plays, and personnel groupings for this game as a HS 2A program. You can bet a college does alot more. The thinking by our coaching staff at State is that we didnt need alot going in to win those two games- regardless of how they played out. The staff hardcore planning was about Game 3

smootness
09-15-2023, 08:26 PM
We have our annual big game rivalry at 5pm tomorrow. We have held back formations, plays, and personnel groupings for this game as a HS 2A program. You can bet a college does alot more. The thinking by our coaching staff at State is that we didnt need alot going in to win those two games- regardless of how they played out. The staff hardcore planning was about Game 3

Regardless, continuing to hold back while potentially losing that game is coaching stupidity.

99jc
09-15-2023, 08:27 PM
I hate to say it but i just don't have confidence in this team. we have no real identity. slow linebackers will be the death of us Saturday i fear. LSU 35 STATE 24 HOPE I AM WRONG!

msudawglb
09-15-2023, 09:07 PM
I don?t think our offense will be the problem. I?m more worried by our lack of Qb pressures without blitzing our LB?s. And the fact that we have some very slow LB?s. I fear they will rush for 200+ yards.

Dawgface
09-15-2023, 09:16 PM
LSU by 17.

ScoobaDawg
09-15-2023, 09:31 PM
Regardless, continuing to hold back while potentially losing that game is coaching stupidity.

Says the guy who I'm certain likely hasn't coached anything in his life....
Come on man. It's a new head coach. a new OC. changing from one of the most polarizing offenses in college history.
They have to figure out what works. Yea that should have been spring training and fall camp but shit gets real when its another color jersey you are popping.

ScoobaDawg
09-15-2023, 09:32 PM
Geez this years gonna go to hell if we lose tomorrow and all yall are right... I don't know how we will even make a bowl.

Let's just ride Arnett out of town already cause he's gonna break the bowl streak!!!

BulldogBear
09-15-2023, 10:27 PM

Yes. Perhaps that is why ZA alluded to the fact that some rookie coaching mistakes were made and the players essentially bailed them out.

Every time people make this claim, it turns out that what we saw was actually just what we are. We may play better and coach better, and we will have to, but I doubt very seriously we have been holding back on much. There is no reason outside of hope and homerism to think we win tomorrow.

Again, yes, and that is a bad mistake that we essentially got away with. Yes, we should've said to hell with the LSU game late in the 4th quarter and made sure we didn't lose the Zona game worrying about a game we weren't even playing yet. Dodged a bullet there and lesson learned we hope. Now, with that said...

My response to the second bolded part would be that there is no reason for so many of our fans, alumni and armchair coaches (I'm one too) to concede this one, especially the laughable idea that they are going to blow our doors off, other than pessimism and the purple "LSU" on the side of that sissy yellow helmet. Good grief.

tireddawg
09-16-2023, 01:05 AM
I'm in Starkvegas ready to do my part, but I have serious doubts.

Unless the players can coach themselves to a victory, no shot beating LSU. I think this game will get ugly & LSU could put up 50.

Zach just wasn't ready for prime time & Barbay is at a level just above an idiot, with his HS offense. I do think we have the players to compete, but this seems like JoMo all over again. Would love to be wrong.

smootness
09-16-2023, 01:15 AM
Says the guy who I'm certain likely hasn't coached anything in his life....
Come on man. It's a new head coach. a new OC. changing from one of the most polarizing offenses in college history.
They have to figure out what works. Yea that should have been spring training and fall camp but shit gets real when its another color jersey you are popping.

Maybe I did not do a good job of explaining. My point is that I do not think we ?held back? anything substantial in the game plan or our overall identity. IF that is what we did, it would be stupid. But I do not think we did that. I just think we are not as good as we had thought/hoped.

Now, maybe lessons were learned and we will come out and coach/play better than we did against Arizona. We will definitely need to if we want to win this one. We certainly can do it, I just see no reason based on what we have seen so far to think we actually will.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-16-2023, 01:26 AM

This is so silly. Arizona torched us. We lose by 21 if not for the turnovers.

parabrave
09-16-2023, 02:06 AM
I'm glad Eisenhower didn't read Jeans page the night of June 4 1944.

Op4isabitch
09-16-2023, 06:06 AM

We are Screwed.

[url]https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/article/mississippi-state-genespage-247sports-game-3-southeastern-conference-predictions-216128523/[/ur

Screw it.

We are going to get our shit pushed in??I hope I have to come back and eat crow.

tireddawg
09-16-2023, 06:59 AM
We are going to get our shit pushed in??I hope I have to come back and eat crow.

Me too, but you won't. Reality just sucks sometimes.

Todd4State
09-16-2023, 07:13 AM

THIS^^^

Todd4State
09-16-2023, 07:14 AM

This isn't 2A football.

Todd4State
09-16-2023, 07:17 AM

We are Screwed.

Screw it.

And then our fans wonder why the media doesn't take us seriously. Our own mouthpieces are more worried about being "objective" than they are confident in the program.

According to them this new offense was supposed to help us win more games and be better than ever- and so far it looks like Doo Doo.

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2023, 07:47 AM
I’m all in.

I told everyone before the season that a team with this many seniors would win 9-10 games, well that starts today!

MSU pulls the upset and we get the win.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2023, 08:24 AM
I’m all in.

I told everyone before the season that a team with this many seniors would win 9-10 games, well that starts today!

MSU pulls the upset and we get the win.

Yep... Today is the difference between a 9-10 win season and 6-7 wins... We learn how talented and how well our scheme works today.

ScoobaDawg
09-16-2023, 08:29 AM
This is so silly. Arizona torched us. We lose by 21 if not for the turnovers.

We win by 21 if we don't let them throw that long ball and score before halftime. Same with we drive away with victory if Zach doesn't tell the offense to slow down...

Offshore Dawg
09-16-2023, 08:34 AM
I don?t think we played vanilla but I also don?t think we showed what our offense is going to be

We will know after today's play choices.

BlackSailsDawg
09-16-2023, 09:02 AM

We are Screwed.

Screw it.

We are going to win if we open the passing game playbook!

It's not that we can not win.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2023, 09:58 AM
I hope some of y'all are right. This would be a huge win if we could pull it off.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2023, 10:51 AM
I'll choose to be optimistic. Defense holds them to 21 and gets a few turnovers. Offense runs the ball ok on an unusually non physical LSU DL and we score 27. Go 2/2 on 40+ yard field goals. Get an INT at the end to ice it.

maroonmania
09-16-2023, 10:59 AM
We DO have a chance! Corso picked us to win!

BulldogBear
09-16-2023, 10:59 AM
Get ready for this board to go stupid if LSU scores on opening drive, conceding the game immediately.

smootness
09-16-2023, 12:25 PM

As I was saying

Tater
09-16-2023, 12:36 PM
As I was saying

LSU is a bad team.

Our defense doesn't believe in Will.

We let LSU pick Nabers to be the free man on blitzes.

Mike Wright has us winning this game, on other players alone.

Tater
09-16-2023, 12:37 PM
As I was saying

LSU is a bad team.

Our defense doesn't believe in Will.

We let LSU pick Nabers to be the free man on blitzes.

Mike Wright has us winning this game, on other players alone.

Offshore Dawg
09-16-2023, 01:53 PM
We DO have a chance! Corso picked us to win!

He is old and senile.