PDA

View Full Version : Just for the record Delaura doesn?t score

Bdawg
09-13-2023, 06:58 PM
The sneak before half was no good. Just watched it in slow mo and Pickering stood him up. They made a little surge towards to goal line but you can see his helmet through the whole play and it never got to the goal line. He was standing straight up in the scrum and once he started falling to the endzone, Pickering was falling the other way with the ball. Huge call and glad it didn?t bite us. Would have been a huge momentum swing back to us after giving up a terrible deep ball. Should have been another turnover and really a stupid play by Delaura.

Bothrops
09-13-2023, 07:07 PM
I couldn't see shit from that play. I thought maybe the refs made a projected TD call on it, though.

chef dixon
09-13-2023, 07:09 PM
I admittedly haven't broken it down like you have, but I really assumed he did probably score but there was no evidence either way, so the call would stand

Agree though he did a lot of dumb shit and it ultimately cost them the game

Commercecomet24
09-13-2023, 07:10 PM
I agree he never crossed the goal line and we took the ball away. He was stood up from the get go and only went forward a little when he started getting pushed.

ETA unless you?re alabama no way that call gets overturned

Bothrops
09-13-2023, 07:16 PM
Somebody get a screen shot and show us what you're pointing at.

Maverick91
09-13-2023, 07:47 PM
https://youtu.be/Bd66hirRxtg?si=fu5-ncOMRBSZ-p_I

Fast forward to 12:40 and you can watch it.

TrapGame
09-13-2023, 07:51 PM
It looked to me like De Laura got turned around with his back to the goal line. He's trying to fall backwards but other than his helmet crossing the goal line, the ball does not. It was stripped before he could get it over the line. The PAC 12 refs were not going to overturn that one. And we need to thank Coach Brock for giving them hell on that final play in OT. He saw De Laura didn't make it. He was right there at the sticks. He saw the line judge signal 1st down and MOVE THE BALL to the first down marker and lost his shit.

Bdawg
09-13-2023, 07:58 PM
I can’t do the picture thing but his helmet stays right behind Russell’s or to the left of it(away from the goal). He was stood straight up and the camera is straight down the line. I know you can’t see the ball but it’s in his right arm and at some point he’s facing the camera(which makes the ball farther away from goal). I know the refs probably can’t change the call but I don’t believe he gets in. Refs probably shouldnt have called TD to begin with.

Edit: Also watch the far side ref. He has no clue. He runs in from the other side and sees Delaura laying in the endzone so he calls TD. Meanwhile the ball has been long gone and back on the ground with Pickering. Terrible for the ref to not check for the ball!!

BulldogBear
09-13-2023, 08:04 PM
They signaled TD because he fell into the endzone with his back to the line judge. Only the line judge didn't know he no longer possessed a football. It was a bush league call. But now they had on field call of TD and couldn't find evidence to overturn it.

If the right call had been made, before or after review, that game would've gone very differently from that point and all of y'all would be wooly as hell

We're still gonna beat LSU anyway.

Bdawg
09-13-2023, 08:08 PM
They signaled TD because he fell into the endzone with his back to the line judge. Only the line judge didn't know he no longer possessed a football. It was a bush league call. But now they had on field call of TD and couldn't find evidence to overturn it.

If the right call had been made, before or after review, that game would've gone very differently from that point and all of y'all would be wooly as hell

We're still gonna beat LSU anyway.

Exactly! I edited my second post talking about the ref. Just watch him. The ball had been long gone before he signaled TD. Huge momentum call right there against our team before half

Homedawg
09-13-2023, 08:13 PM
I agree he never crossed the goal line and we took the ball away. He was stood up from the get go and only went forward a little when he started getting pushed.

ETA unless you?re alabama no way that call gets overturned

This. Completely

Homedawg
09-13-2023, 08:14 PM
Exactly! I edited my second post talking about the ref. Just watch him. The ball had been long gone before he signaled TD. Huge momentum call right there against our team before half

It was the red from the opposite side. He saw the body in and assumed he had the ball. Which he didn't

Bothrops
09-13-2023, 08:26 PM
They just assumed the ball crossed the plane before he fell over it.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2023, 08:58 PM
It was the red from the opposite side. He saw the body in and assumed he had the ball. Which he didn't

Yep. 100!

Bdawg
09-13-2023, 09:24 PM
They just assumed the ball crossed the plane before he fell over it.

Yep, he finally saw the QB laying there across the line on the ground and threw his hands up. Pickering had the ball at the time he started to fall towards the goal. Bad call by the ref not finding the ball first.

confucius say
09-13-2023, 09:24 PM
Also, he was pulled into the endzone by an OL. That's a penalty. You can push (which is stupid, it's just as dangerous as pulling) but you can't pull.

Bdawg
09-13-2023, 09:28 PM
Also, he was pulled into the endzone by an OL. That's a penalty. You can push (which is stupid, it's just as dangerous as pulling) but you can't pull.

Ha. That is stupid.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2023, 09:51 PM

Both used to be a penalty and still should be. It?s dangerous as heck when everyone starts piling on.

starkvegasdawg
09-13-2023, 09:57 PM
And nobody is talking about forward momentum being stopped well before he even had a chance to cross the goal. Whistle should have been blown 5 seconds before they signaled TD.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2023, 10:26 PM
And nobody is talking about forward momentum being stopped well before he even had a chance to cross the goal. Whistle should have been blown 5 seconds before they signaled TD.

Right he never even had forward progress until the ol started pushing and pulling him. He was stood up and stoned from the get go.

Maverick91
09-13-2023, 10:42 PM
Right he never even had forward progress until the ol started pushing and pulling him. He was stood up and stoned from the get go.

Facts! Really proud of the buys for how they stood the line up in that play. One thing no one is really talking about is how physical we played them. Every play we were busting their blocks tackling them hard, standing their guys up. The only real time they seemed to put physical us is when they had us confused. Which kudos to them. We know LSU they aren’t going to be confusing us. It’s going to be a 4q game and I’m hear for it.

Bdawg
09-14-2023, 06:54 AM

Great point

confucius say
09-14-2023, 07:12 AM

Yea that was my other issue. You can clearly see his initial surge stop when he is stood up. That's it, play over. Then you can see the pile ease forward again when the entire OL starts pushing him from behind and the one guy starts pulling him. It's textbook forward progress being stopped and then restarted honestly.

KentuckyDawg13
09-14-2023, 08:54 AM
Surprised we are just now discussing it. Several times the ref would spot the ball in favor of Arizona.

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2023, 09:02 AM
There is one view that showed the whole thing, he did NOT score. It should have either been blown dead or been our ball at the two. The refs had no idea. Watch them.

TrapGame
09-14-2023, 09:23 AM
Surprised we are just now discussing it. Several times the ref would spot the ball in favor of Arizona.

The holding AZ was doing in the second half was borderline criminal. The LT had a fist full of jersey on Bookie more than once but would let go when De Laura would scramble out of the pocket.

And as far as ball placement, say no more than the final play. The line judge MOVED the ball to the 1st down marker and signaled first down. It was 100% clear on replay that De Laura was half a yard short but the ref was looking for some way to say he got the first down.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2023, 09:42 AM
The holding AZ was doing in the second half was borderline criminal. The LT had a fist full of jersey on Bookie more than once but would let go when De Laura would scramble out of the pocket.

And as far as ball placement, say no more than the final play. The line judge MOVED the ball to the 1st down marker and signaled first down. It was 100% clear on replay that De Laura was half a yard short but the ref was looking for some way to say he got the first down.

The holding by Arizona was bama level bad. I talked to some players after the game about it. Nathan Pickering was getting undressed on practically every play.

DawgFromOxford
09-14-2023, 09:50 AM
Blame the refs if you want but I've watched it numerous times and still can't definitively say if the ball crossed the goal line or not. Regardless, it shouldn't have been up to the refs. 1. Don't give up a hail mary that gives them ball at the goal line. 2. The defense got caught looking and didn't fire off on the "spike". They all stood up with the OL and got caught flat footed. Blow the OL off the ball and its not even an issue.

Bdawg
09-14-2023, 10:40 AM
Blame the refs if you want but I've watched it numerous times and still can't definitively say if the ball crossed the goal line or not. Regardless, it shouldn't have been up to the refs. 1. Don't give up a hail mary that gives them ball at the goal line. 2. The defense got caught looking and didn't fire off on the "spike". They all stood up with the OL and got caught flat footed. Blow the OL off the ball and its not even an issue.

I can’t agree with this. First, the refs can’t definitely say they saw the ball cross the goal line. So they can’t just assume. The ball was in his right hand on his right side. The initial surge by De Laura was stuffed by Pickering well short( that is obvious). In the scrum, the QB was turned sideways with his right side(with the ball) away from the goal line. His whole body would need to cross the line to score. It didn’t until he fell into the endzone well after the ball was taken away from him. We know this because Pickering was falling away from him with the ball before DeLaura started falling to the endzone. Finally, the ref only called TD when he ran in to the pile and saw DeLaura laying in the endzone, but problem is, he didn’t have the ball.

Yes, we shouldn’t have given up the Hail Mary, but that’s irrelevant to the play being discussed.

As far as being caught off guard: If we knock all their O linemen on their butts and he spikes it, we probably get unnecessary roughness with our luck or it starts a fight

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-14-2023, 11:05 AM
The head linesman at the bottom of the screen had the best view of the QB. He should have taken charge and made a call. Instead he had his thumb up his butt and waited for the other ref to make the call. Our guys could have/should have made a bigger deal about the fumble than they did also. That may have helped. Of course most of them didn't know what the hell was going on either.

Ranchdawg
09-14-2023, 11:11 AM
I agree 100 with what everyone has said. No touchdown no way.

Also after watching replay was there in person the amount of holding by Zona was criminal. Especially 2nd half. On one play after the play was over one of our Dline had to pull his jersey back down from being almost pulled over his head. That?s BS.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2023, 11:12 AM
I can’t agree with this. First, the refs can’t definitely say they saw the ball cross the goal line. So they can’t just assume. The ball was in his right hand on his right side. The initial surge by De Laura was stuffed by Pickering well short( that is obvious). In the scrum, the QB was turned sideways with his right side(with the ball) away from the goal line. His whole body would need to cross the line to score. It didn’t until he fell into the endzone well after the ball was taken away from him. We know this because Pickering was falling away from him with the ball before DeLaura started falling to the endzone. Finally, the ref only called TD when he ran in to the pile and saw DeLaura laying in the endzone, but problem is, he didn’t have the ball.

Yes, we shouldn’t have given up the Hail Mary, but that’s irrelevant to the play being discussed.

As far as being caught off guard: If we knock all their O linemen on their butts and he spikes it, we probably get unnecessary roughness with our luck or it starts a fight

Boy you nailed it in a complete nutshell! And that fake spike is equivalent to a qb doing a fake slide and keep running. Defensive players have to let up and can't "fire off" at the qb in those situations because the qb is so protected now you'll 100% get a penalty, especially with this soft pac12 crew calling the game.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2023, 11:14 AM
I agree 100 with what everyone has said. No touchdown no way.

Also after watching replay was there in person the amount of holding by Zona was criminal. Especially 2nd half. On one play after the play was over one of our Dline had to pull his jersey back down from being almost pulled over his head. That?s BS.

That was Pickering! Nathan was pissed about this but there's nothing you can do if they ain't calling it. I saw at least 4 times Pickering was by his man and the dude reached out and grabbed his arm or jersey.

Now in saying this we should've put the game away much earlier and taken the officials out of the equation but they have to do a better job than they did saturday.

Ranchdawg
09-14-2023, 12:46 PM
Also saw the head referee go to huddle of Zona and attempt to pull a Zona Olineman jersey back in place over his shoulder pads. Didn?t see any such for our players. Again BS!

BrunswickDawg
09-14-2023, 07:10 PM
That was Pickering! Nathan was pissed about this but there's nothing you can do if they ain't calling it. I saw at least 4 times Pickering was by his man and the dude reached out and grabbed his arm or jersey.

Now in saying this we should've put the game away much earlier and taken the officials out of the equation but they have to do a better job than they did saturday.

And it's not like we don't have a history with PAC 12 refs either. They go out of their way against SEC schools when they have the opportunity