PDA

View Full Version : Read the talk from LSU players

BlackSailsDawg
09-13-2023, 04:24 PM
And I hope that we have set it up and do the opposite of what they think.

Mingo: This year, those guys are committed to running the ball. They're 65% run and that's crazy thinking about Mississippi State and this is what they're putting on film. The exciting part of the match-up is that they're hanging their hat on running the ball this year. In this defense, we hang our hat on stopping the run. It's definitely going to be a physical game.

Jones: They don't have a bunch of star players.

Nabers: It's a lot of drop coverage. There will be a lot of open holes that we can hit.

Line em up!

Commercecomet24
09-13-2023, 05:38 PM
We?re gonna have to have success throwing the ball or we?re gonna have a lot of 3 and outs. I worry more about Daniels scrambling than their receivers finding holes.

EdwardDrayton
09-13-2023, 05:49 PM
We?re gonna have to have success throwing the ball or we?re gonna have a lot of 3 and outs. I worry more about Daniels scrambling than their receivers finding holes.

Absolutely. DeLaura had a fair bit of success with his feet and Daniels is significantly more mobile.

Vandelay Industries
09-13-2023, 06:41 PM

Also can we cover backs out of the back field? That was very depressing to see on Saturday night

BlackSailsDawg
09-13-2023, 07:16 PM

Gotta be a mixture. Personally, 60% pass/40% Rush.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2023, 07:18 PM
Gotta be a mixture. Personally, 60% pass/40% Rush.

Yeah if we go run heavy without a true running qb against a front 7 like lsu it?s gonna be a long night. We gonna have to attack their secondary and mix in some run game.

basedog
09-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Yeah if we go run heavy without a true running qb against a front 7 like lsu it?s gonna be a long night. We gonna have to attack their secondary and mix in some run game.

I wish u were up in the box calling plays. LOL

TrapGame
09-13-2023, 07:38 PM
If we do not come out attacking their secondary Saturday I'm gonna really pissed off.

EdwardDrayton
09-13-2023, 07:38 PM
I wish u were up in the box calling plays. LOL

Isn't that the truth.

RockyDog
09-13-2023, 07:41 PM
Ambers will have zero catches on Saturday. Book it

parabrave
09-13-2023, 11:19 PM
Did anybody actually watch the LSU Fl State Game??? LSU was in that game till the 2nd half when the Noles went power I on them. They couldn't stop the 2 back set the entire half/

Maverick91
09-14-2023, 12:04 AM
Grambling had 5.6 yard carry average. If we are moderately successful on passing we will move the ball well. Their top tacklers are in their secondary. They aren’t the beast up front as they usually are, at least yet this season.

Also, I just don’t think Kelly runs a hard nosed program. I could be wrong, but if we come out punching Saturday and don’t let up, I think they will fold late in the third. We just have to keep punching.

Reason2succeed
09-14-2023, 12:59 AM
I watched a replay of their FSU game. What I saw was that FSU had a dominant receiver that LSU just couldn?t contain. We don?t have that type of guy. We need to exploit that secondary with Tulu, Walley, Whittemore, and Zavion. Hard runs up the middle with our backs and good blocking by our OL and we COULD win this game.

Tripp McNeely
09-14-2023, 12:35 PM
I watched a replay of their FSU game. What I saw was that FSU had a dominant receiver that LSU just couldn?t contain. We don?t have that type of guy. We need to exploit that secondary with Tulu, Walley, Whittemore, and Zavion. Hard runs up the middle with our backs and good blocking by our OL and we COULD win this game.

We also gotta contain LSU's running game like FSU did and get to Daniels. FSU held the LSU RBs to only 49 yards and sacked Daniels 4 times...that formula replicates itself, and we win on Saturday!

was21
09-14-2023, 04:21 PM
Which brings up the question of why Barbay is NOT in the booth instead of the field. It seems to be a vision problem.

The Federalist Engineer
09-14-2023, 06:28 PM
LSU are -9.5 favorites, how come when MSU is -9.5 favorites, it's a loss or a very narrow win. It's like 50/50 Wins to Losses in the SEC and in bowls.

It just feels like that, I can't find a store of stats.

LC Dawg
09-14-2023, 08:17 PM
I've been in Baton Rouge all week. The media down there thinks LSU rolls us. The talking heads are saying Mississippi State has very few talented players.
I'm sure the players hear this and think it will be easier than it will be.
Maybe we can get a quick score early based on their overconfidence.
It's weird to me to see the media and another team just accept that Mississippi State is going to be a team that runs the ball 70% of the time when it's just two games into a new regime.

TrapGame
09-14-2023, 08:23 PM
I've been in Baton Rouge all week. The media down there thinks LSU rolls us. The talking heads are saying Mississippi State has very few talented players.
I'm sure the players hear this and think it will be easier than it will be.
Maybe we can get a quick score early based on their overconfidence.
It's weird to me to see the media and another team just accept that Mississippi State is going to be a team that runs the ball 70% of the time when it's just two games into a new regime.

Well, Hell, we got half this board thinking the same thing.