PDA

View Full Version : FEELING WOOLY

Duckdog
09-12-2023, 10:13 AM
About saturday!!!!!

TrapGame
09-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Barbay better be holding a couple aces up his sleeve or that wool is gonna fade fast. I want to give Barbay a chance, but if we come out with the offense we had against Arizona, I'm done.

Now with that said, I think we are saving some stuff for LSU, but we'll see come Saturday.

CaptainObvious
09-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Glass half empty here.

I don?t think he was saving anything. I think an opponent can watch his film and figure everything out. State and Arizona were talent matched in a lot of positions. This Saturday there will be a disparity in talent and he is going to have to draw up plays in the dirt and run them fast. We will see if he draws them in hard dirt or soft sand.

basedog
09-12-2023, 12:34 PM
Not buying we are saving for Lsu either. It was a struggle in the 4th quarter and why would you save a "hidden jewel".

Just bad decisions on play calling.

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2023, 01:04 PM
I think Barbay knows football is about match-ups. The first two weeks out best match-up was our run game vs their front 7. This week, I think the best match-up will be vs their defensive backfield that is struggling by DB U standards.

DownwardDawg
09-12-2023, 02:05 PM
About saturday!!!!!

I think that feeling will pass relatively early Saturday. Hopefully not.

EdwardDrayton
09-12-2023, 06:02 PM

Yeah. I'd like to think otherwise but probably not going to go well for us. But we all will ride the hope wave right up until it goes south on us.

SpaceBully
09-12-2023, 09:49 PM
I prefer a 65/35 run/pass offense. Hopefully, we can get to that in our strategy. My expectation is a 7-5 season with an outside chance at 8-4. I think it's doable. Not sure why so many fans want Barbay gone this fast. Let the season play out and see where we are after Thanksgiving.

BuckyIsAB****
09-12-2023, 10:29 PM
If we run on 1st down run on 2nd down and then throw on 3rd every series we will get beat by 35

DownwardDawg
09-12-2023, 10:50 PM
If we run on 1st down run on 2nd down and then throw on 3rd every series we will get beat by 35

I'm hoping we can protect Will.

Jarius
09-12-2023, 10:52 PM
I don’t know if some of you forgot or what but LSU got the shit kicked out of them just 2 weeks ago. The idea that they are going to come in here and murder us is pretty laughable, even for this board. It will be an extremely close game, and not because State is some amazing team. LSU isn’t that good. They were not that good last year either. They have quite possibly the most overrated coach in college football.

DownwardDawg
09-12-2023, 10:55 PM
I don’t know if some of you forgot or what but LSU got the shit kicked out of them just 2 weeks ago. The idea that they are going to come in here and murder us is pretty laughable, even for this board. It will be an extremely close game, and not because State is some amazing team. LSU isn’t that good. They were not that good last year either. They have quite possibly the most overrated coach in college football.

I agree about their coach. But I think they beat us pretty bad.

Bothrops
09-12-2023, 11:47 PM
I'd give Will 3 series and if he's not seeing receivers, and getting sacked, I'd put Wright in for full duty.

Jarius
09-13-2023, 06:43 AM
I agree about their coach. But I think they beat us pretty bad.

They aren’t going to beat us bad. It will be a 1 possession game.

MaroonFlounder
09-13-2023, 07:29 AM
Can't get to the QB, and can't stay with receivers more than a few seconds. J. Daniels will have a field day.

DownwardDawg
09-13-2023, 07:41 AM
They aren’t going to beat us bad. It will be a 1 possession game.

We got 5 turnovers and beat Arizona in OT. Arizona QB is not as good as Daniels, (maybe same), and Daniels has way more talent to dish the ball to. If we play like we played this past Saturday, it won't be close. I'm hoping we play much better. We have the experience.

Captain Falcon
09-13-2023, 09:07 AM
I don?t know if some of you forgot or what but LSU got the shit kicked out of them just 2 weeks ago. The idea that they are going to come in here and murder us is pretty laughable, even for this board. It will be an extremely close game, and not because State is some amazing team. LSU isn?t that good. They were not that good last year either. They have quite possibly the most overrated coach in college football.

I honestly do not know how good we or LSU are. I do think Florida State is elite this year, possibly national title good, and we do not have FSU talent, so I am not taking too much away from LSU losing to them.

We can win the game. But it will require a great performance by us.

Jarius
09-13-2023, 09:10 AM
We got 5 turnovers and beat Arizona in OT. Arizona QB is not as good as Daniels, (maybe same), and Daniels has way more talent to dish the ball to. If we play like we played this past Saturday, it won't be close. I'm hoping we play much better. We have the experience.

If LSU plays like they did in week 1 we will have a 4 quarter game with them that goes down to the wire even if we play like we did offensively last week. I’m not sure if you guys just didn’t watch them in week 1 or if you have helmet sticker syndrome or what, but they aren’t as good as you guys are portraying them. If we play a B game we won’t win but it will still be close. The spread is between 7-1/2 and 9-1/2. This isn’t going to be some overmatched MSU team. Mississippi State is not the only team playing in this game that has shown major flaws this year. Our fans just largely choose to ignore everyone else’s flaws.

TrapGame
09-13-2023, 09:20 AM
If LSU plays like they did in week 1 we will have a 4 quarter game with them that goes down to the wire even if we play like we did offensively last week. I’m not sure if you guys just didn’t watch them in week 1 or if you have helmet sticker syndrome or what, but they aren’t as good as you guys are portraying them. If we play a B game we won’t win but it will still be close. The spread is between 7-1/2 and 9-1/2. This isn’t going to be some overmatched MSU team. Mississippi State is not the only team playing in this game that has shown major flaws this year. Our fans just largely choose to ignore everyone else’s flaws.

I've noticed several LSU podcasts are complaining about their secondary and how it's not up to the historical standard for LSU. A couple of the podcasts are even worried about our run game.

SilentSteel16
09-13-2023, 09:30 AM
I'd give Will 3 series and if he's not seeing receivers, and getting sacked, I'd put Wright in for full duty.

Good thing you aren?t the OC then. Let LSU load the box knowing it is a running QB and it is most certainly game over.

sandjunky
09-13-2023, 11:00 AM
About saturday!!!!!

Take lsu and the points

DownwardDawg
09-13-2023, 11:29 AM
If LSU plays like they did in week 1 we will have a 4 quarter game with them that goes down to the wire even if we play like we did offensively last week. I?m not sure if you guys just didn?t watch them in week 1 or if you have helmet sticker syndrome or what, but they aren?t as good as you guys are portraying them. If we play a B game we won?t win but it will still be close. The spread is between 7-1/2 and 9-1/2. This isn?t going to be some overmatched MSU team. Mississippi State is not the only team playing in this game that has shown major flaws this year. Our fans just largely choose to ignore everyone else?s flaws.

I don't get helmet sticker syndrome other than the Bama game. It is what it is with that game. I just know how talented LSU is, especially at the QB and receiver position. If we can keep it close and play extremely physical, we have a chance. Especially the way I saw LSU get man handled in the 2nd half against FSU. I just can't get excited though after what I've seen so far. Hopefully we'll be lights on offense the way App State was against aTm last year. Here's hoping

MrCoachKlein
09-13-2023, 01:25 PM
I prefer a 65/35 run/pass offense. Hopefully, we can get to that in our strategy.

Way too low on the passing. That's what we basically did against AZ.

Saltydog
09-13-2023, 02:03 PM
Don't worry about the wool. It'll be sheared around the time we give up 2 or 3 sacks in the 1st Quarter. Perkins may have a career night. I just can't see us improving enough in one week to beat them but I hope I'm wrong.

BulldogBear
09-13-2023, 02:43 PM
I honestly do not know how good we or LSU are. I do think Florida State is elite this year, possibly national title good, and we do not have FSU talent, so I am not taking too much away from LSU losing to them.

We can win the game. But it will require a great performance by us.

This^

TBH, of course I'm not nearly as confident or wooly as I was before Zona. But with said I predicted a W and I'm sticking to it. For a lot of reasons....just not as many as I had last Friday!! I don't get the Doom and Gloom regarding this LSU team. It has been a long time since they were able to manhandle the Bulldogs. Why in the world would they this year? Regardless of which gets the W, it will be painful close heartbreaking case of what could have been for the loser.

Either team can win this game but if one gets the smackdown a$$whoopin' it's more likely to be LSU than State.

TrapGame
09-13-2023, 03:58 PM
This^

TBH, of course I'm not nearly as confident or wooly as I was before Zona. But with said I predicted a W and I'm sticking to it. For a lot of reasons....just not as many as I had last Friday!! I don't get the Doom and Gloom regarding this LSU team. It has been a long time since they were able to manhandle the Bulldogs. Why in the world would they this year? Regardless of which gets the W, it will be painful close heartbreaking case of what could have been for the loser.

Either team can win this game but if one gets the smackdown a$$whoopin' it's more likely to be LSU than State.

This may be one of worst secondaries LSU has had since 2017. And we know what happened in 2017.

And, if by chance, we look really good in a win over them there's going to be more fuel to the rumors that BK would rather run around with his new side piece than coach and recruit.

ETA: Let me just say I've watched some LSU podcasts and there are some folks really worried about this game even after our slim AZ win.

Turfdawg67
09-13-2023, 04:20 PM
About saturday!!!!!

That's just gas. Let it out and come back to our unfortunate reality.

EdwardDrayton
09-13-2023, 05:25 PM
I don?t know if some of you forgot or what but LSU got the shit kicked out of them just 2 weeks ago. The idea that they are going to come in here and murder us is pretty laughable, even for this board. It will be an extremely close game, and not because State is some amazing team. LSU isn?t that good. They were not that good last year either. They have quite possibly the most overrated coach in college football.

Florida State is VERY good. They have an NFL offensive line.

Maverick91
09-13-2023, 05:52 PM
That's just gas. Let it out and come back to our unfortunate reality.

Rep

Todd4State
09-13-2023, 06:11 PM
This may be one of worst secondaries LSU has had since 2017. And we know what happened in 2017.

And, if by chance, we look really good in a win over them there's going to be more fuel to the rumors that BK would rather run around with his new side piece than coach and recruit.

ETA: Let me just say I've watched some LSU podcasts and there are some folks really worried about this game even after our slim AZ win.

Good thing we run the ball now just as LSU has a bad secondary.**

Bothrops
09-13-2023, 06:49 PM
Good thing you aren?t the OC then. Let LSU load the box knowing it is a running QB and it is most certainly game over.

Nope, that's when you torch them over the middle. All the sudden their defense is discombobulated.

ArrowDawg
09-13-2023, 06:50 PM

This is the game where this coaching staff proves if they're any good or not.

Duckdog
09-14-2023, 08:55 AM
Some of yall are the biggest poons ever

Jarius
09-14-2023, 03:00 PM
Florida State is VERY good. They have an NFL offensive line.

Cool. They beat LSU by 4 touchdowns. That means LSU is just a pretty good team at best. Not to mention lsu is 2-3 in their last 5 games and nearly lost to 3 really shitty SEC teams last year. They get way too much credit for beating a Bama team that was down last year by their standards than they should. LSU is extremely beatable by us and every other team in the west.

Goldendawg
09-14-2023, 06:35 PM
This is the game where this coaching staff proves if they're any good or not.

Against AZ, we looked like a team with rookie SEC HC, OC, and DC ( a few position coaches also). Time to step it up in all areas. Our Senior/Grad lineup must show that they are a year better, not just a year older. Beat LSU and we could have the start of a great year. Hail State!

RisperDawg
09-14-2023, 07:21 PM
Against AZ, we looked like a team with rookie SEC HC, OC, and DC ( a few position coaches also). Time to step it up in all areas. Our Senior/Grad lineup must show that they are a year better, not just a year older. Beat LSU and we could have the start of a great year. Hail State!

We did, in fact, have a rookie HC and rookie DC. Lol. As Arnett said, the players saved us. I agree though. They've got to get it together before LSU.

Reason2succeed
09-15-2023, 02:39 AM
I?m always perplexed by our fans. What part of the gameplay do you it was for Justin Robinson to fumble through the endzone and for players to whiff on blocking assignments? If two or three things happened differently on last Saturday we would have had the blowout we all expected. And yes I think running the football against an undersized DL and a PAC12 secondary that is accustomed to defending the pass was a decent game plan. Go watch Matt Wyatt?s film review.

Having said that Coach Arnett and Barbay UNLIKE MIKE LEACH (RIP) don?t throw players under the bus. I think we will see the players come and respond after seeing all that they left on the field last Saturday in their file review.

We won the game. Last week doesn?t matter any more. I think we will punch LSU in the mouth and they will punch back because their entire season is on the line.

I?m not saying we win but I think our coaches and players should represent themselves better this week. They are veterans and they hear all of y?all?s complaints.

CoachT14
09-15-2023, 06:35 AM
I prefer a 65/35 run/pass offense. Hopefully, we can get to that in our strategy. My expectation is a 7-5 season with an outside chance at 8-4. I think it's doable. Not sure why so many fans want Barbay gone this fast. Let the season play out and see where we are after Thanksgiving.

So you would prefer us play the offense of the Arizona game? That's interesting to say the least.

Hot Rock
09-15-2023, 08:28 AM
So, I would bet on LSU to win and cover if I were gambling. Naturally, i took state in the Pick 'em to cover. I am a glutton for punishment.

tireddawg
09-16-2023, 08:25 AM
I don't get the Doom and Gloom regarding this LSU team. It has been a long time since they were able to manhandle the Bulldogs. Why in the world would they this year?

Due to our inexperienced coaching staff. It's not gonna be good. Everyone should prepare.

But it is lit here and I've been having a blast since 6 this morning.

McGee makes me laugh.