PDA

View Full Version : I WANT THE TRUTH

Maverick91
09-10-2023, 07:58 PM
?you can?t handle the truth!?

?A Few Good Men? what a movie.

The truth is I think we can all agree that this year has a little more at steak than a usual State season. I feel this year like I felt for the 2014 season, the experience, players, and coaches are there for this thing to be pretty special, and we all know this and we see the potential loss if things don?t come together like this week. If you asked the real State fans we all knew we would be 2-0 with the season starting this week. So, we are all in a hold our breath and see what we do situation.

That being said, we were pretty excited from week one, it?s pretty nice to be in the place to be as pissed as we all are after a win. I have to think the team is in the same place if not in a heightened state of recognition. Think of all the guys that stayed to have a special season, that hasn?t been lost on them. I think that showed last night with the don?t quit attitude that they showed.

LSU - for those of you saying they are going to walk in here and beat our breaks in, when was the last time they did that? Honestly it was 2019 and guess what they did that to everyone that year. Since then we are 1-2 and honestly should be 3-0 we are a few bounces and not boneheaded decisions away from being 3-0 over the past three years. We haven?t gotten worse I would argue we are better each year and they haven?t gotten miles ahead of us. This is going to be a dogfight, I said it before and I mean it this game is going to come down to who is better conditioned and doesn?t screw up. Which I think we can be ahead of them on both. Let?s give this coaching staff the week to make the correct adjustments needed that everyone including Helen Keller saw last night.

If we come out and wet the bed fine, I just don?t see us doing that just yet. Settle down, take your blood pressure meds, drink your water, this is going to be a crazy year in the SEC. I am very convinced that the SEC will only have Georgia in the playoff, if anyone is in the playoff. I think everyone in the west will have at least 2 losses.

HAILSTATE suckers!

Commercecomet24
09-10-2023, 08:34 PM
Ah a rational post! Thanks you!

Dawgface
09-10-2023, 09:22 PM
Drink your water? It takes whisky to get through a game like that one.

Maverick91
09-10-2023, 10:20 PM

Hey boss, are you hearing anything from the team about this win? How are they taking it? Pissed, meh?

Maverick91
09-10-2023, 10:20 PM
Drink your water? It takes whisky to get through a game like that one.

Lol I just want the fan base to be healthy.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2023, 10:29 PM
Hey boss, are you hearing anything from the team about this win? How are they taking it? Pissed, meh?

I talked to Decarlos after the game and my son talked to a couple today. Yeah they weren?t happy with how the game played out and know they?ve got things to improve on. They know the game should?ve been put away early. I know no one will probably believe this but these kids are hungry and they do have a sense of urgency.
Lot of confidence in the coaching staff, much more than a lot of our fans. CZA has a ton of respect from his players!

Commercecomet24
09-10-2023, 10:30 PM
Lol I just want the fan base to be healthy.

I appreciate your post. We need some calmer heads with a little more rationale.

Maverick91
09-10-2023, 11:00 PM
I talked to Decarlos after the game and my son talked to a couple today. Yeah they weren?t happy with how the game played out and know they?ve got things to improve on. They know the game should?ve been put away early. I know no one will probably believe this but these kids are hungry and they do have a sense of urgency.
Lot of confidence in the coaching staff, much more than a lot of our fans. CZA has a ton of respect from his players!

Appreciate the info! Good to hear, I think you can see the urgency in their individual play. Praying they can get it done, they deserve a special year. I think it’s there for the taking. Starts this week for them.

Maverick91
09-10-2023, 11:02 PM
I appreciate your post. We need some calmer heads with a little more rationale.

Agreed! But we are glutens for self harm as State fans. This clearly isn’t jomo or Mullen shopping around.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2023, 12:39 AM
Agreed! But we are glutens for self harm as State fans. This clearly isn’t jomo or Mullen shopping around.

You got that right!

R2Dawg
09-11-2023, 12:16 PM
Agree with OP. We can beat LSU with the right gameplan. I'll wait and see before I pass judgement.

The biggest concern is Daniels. A scrambling QB is hard on even a top D. We are good but not great on D. We must contain him. Part of that is keeping the ball on O. He can't hurt us when he is on the bench. Daniels kept LSU from being completely embarrassed by FSU. Probably be our toughest test on the D from a QB contain standpoint. The second worst probably AZ then Bama. All 3 in Sept.

Maverick91
09-11-2023, 01:43 PM
Agree with OP. We can beat LSU with the right gameplan. I'll wait and see before I pass judgement.

The biggest concern is Daniels. A scrambling QB is hard on even a top D. We are good but not great on D. We must contain him. Part of that is keeping the ball on O. He can't hurt us when he is on the bench. Daniels kept LSU from being completely embarrassed by FSU. Probably be our toughest test on the D from a QB contain standpoint. The second worst probably AZ then Bama. All 3 in Sept.

I agree with you completely. I think that’s the most annoying thing for me from the other night is why our dline didn’t play contain. It’s not a hard thing to call. I wish we would have gone to a 4-2-5. The four dline would have clogged all the running gaps, gotta have bookie and Jett and then your five dbs to cover. I think that would have shut them done completely.

Offshore Dawg
09-12-2023, 07:31 AM
I am shocked is that even allowed. I thought everything had to be negative.

Westdawg
09-12-2023, 07:51 AM
I agree with you completely. I think that’s the most annoying thing for me from the other night is why our dline didn’t play contain. It’s not a hard thing to call. I wish we would have gone to a 4-2-5. The four dline would have clogged all the running gaps, gotta have bookie and Jett and then your five dbs to cover. I think that would have shut them done completely.

And that?s where you can?t tip your hand too quickly on film. We?ve not really shown any 40 fronts at all this season, although it was something that coaches, players, and fans had openly talked about during the summer and through fall camp. I feel that it is coming, but anything we can hold back until conference play so there?s not a lot of time to disseminate it is critically important.

SpaceWranglerDawg
09-12-2023, 10:15 AM
I feel like the line is about where it should be at -9.

If we have some things go our way, we can absolutely win. LSU is definitely a little overrated, and I the 11 am kickoff works in our favor. Just need the ball to bounce our way a couple times and capitalize off turnovers.

Maverick91
09-12-2023, 10:15 AM
And that?s where you can?t tip your hand too quickly on film. We?ve not really shown any 40 fronts at all this season, although it was something that coaches, players, and fans had openly talked about during the summer and through fall camp. I feel that it is coming, but anything we can hold back until conference play so there?s not a lot of time to disseminate it is critically important.

I get that, but dang if that’s the case we were playing like we had house money on Saturday.