PDA

View Full Version : We are about to find out

Leroy Jenkins
09-10-2023, 04:28 PM
If we can adjust and move forward or not. I'm going to give them a chance to adjust before I lose faith in them. Thank goodness for early season scheduling.

MetEdDawg
09-10-2023, 04:50 PM
I still don't know how much Saturday will tell us.

I think at South Carolina will probably be a better barometer. If you look at Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas, and Texas A&M, no one can say any of those 4 teams are more than +/- 3 against us on a neutral field. So two remaining games are absolutely should win and 5 are to me are toss up.

But I like your approach. Two games in I am still in the mode that you are in. Let's wait and see.

Leroy Jenkins
09-10-2023, 05:35 PM
Yeah what's done is done, can't change the past. The question is what do we do about fixing it now.

FISHDAWG
09-10-2023, 05:42 PM
I agree it's early and still unpredictable.... but I remember an early loss to South Alabama that was very telling of the season we could expect.... At least this was a win and I think a more talented team so I'm still clinging to some hope that our coaching staff will be fast learners

TrapGame
09-10-2023, 06:51 PM
I agree it's early and still unpredictable.... but I remember an early loss to South Alabama that was very telling of the season we could expect.... At least this was a win and I think a more talented team so I'm still clinging to some hope that our coaching staff will be fast learners

At least Arnett didn't wear khaki shorts on the sideline.****

And don't forget La Tech taking us into over time one year and UAB a play away from winning but our defense shut them down to save the day.

Games like last night happen. Arizona is a well coached team that successfully hit the portal for their needs.

Coach34
09-10-2023, 06:59 PM
I'm going to give them a chance to adjust before I lose faith in them.

Gotta love the overreaction of fanatics. We're 2-0 averaging 39.5 PPG

MetEdDawg
09-10-2023, 07:10 PM

And don't forget La Tech taking us into over time one year and UAB a play away from winning but our defense shut them down to save the day.

Games like last night happen. Arizona is a well coached team that successfully hit the portal for their needs.

And let's not forget we are talking about our play against a P5 team that is revamped through the portal. Not some G5 team we should blow out. Our game Saturday was against a likely bowl bound P5 team.

I think most would agree that previous MSU teams would have found a way to lose that game, especially when it got into overtime

Maverick91
09-10-2023, 08:06 PM
And let's not forget we are talking about our play against a P5 team that is revamped through the portal. Not some G5 team we should blow out. Our game Saturday was against a likely bowl bound P5 team.

I think most would agree that previous MSU teams would have found a way to lose that game, especially when it got into overtime

Facts… the other issue is we are mad at scoring 31 points without a passing attack.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-10-2023, 09:22 PM
Gotta love the overreaction of fanatics. We're 2-0 averaging 39.5 PPG

Spin it more.

We have played an FCS team and a mid level PAC 12 team that would have beat us by 21 if not for the turnovers.

Charlie_Sheen420
09-10-2023, 09:27 PM

Also don’t forget Bowling Green only had to get in range for a field goal to win in 2013 I think, defense stopped them if I recall correctly

Dawgface
09-10-2023, 09:30 PM
Facts… the other issue is we are mad at scoring 31 points without a passing attack.

24 points during regulation with the benefit of 5 turnovers. And 282 total yards during regulation.

Maverick91
09-10-2023, 11:05 PM
24 points during regulation with the benefit of 5 turnovers. And 282 total yards during regulation.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have scored 50 because the boys should have. I’m saying with how pisspoor we looked we still scored 31 points.

gtowndawg
09-11-2023, 09:31 AM
Spin it more.

We have played an FCS team and a mid level PAC 12 team that would have beat us by 21 if not for the turnovers.

Exactly

BlackSailsDawg
09-11-2023, 09:43 AM

No, we are mad that the OC would not balance the game that would have allowed for more points and put the game out of reach. Instead, his play calling allowed them to take us to OT.

msstate7
09-11-2023, 09:44 AM
I still don't know how much Saturday will tell us.

I think at South Carolina will probably be a better barometer. If you look at Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas, and Texas A&M, no one can say any of those 4 teams are more than +/- 3 against us on a neutral field. So two remaining games are absolutely should win and 5 are to me are toss up.

But I like your approach. Two games in I am still in the mode that you are in. Let's wait and see.

I'm with you. LSU is much more talented. I think we make a game of it, but we lose bc of talent, not coaching

BlackSailsDawg
09-11-2023, 09:45 AM
I’m not saying we shouldn’t have scored 50 because the boys should have. I’m saying with how pisspoor we looked we still scored 31 points.

Not we. The OC and thus the HC. The players did what was asked of them. You can only run it up the middle so many times before the DC plays to stop the run...

R2Dawg
09-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Yeah what's done is done, can't change the past. The question is what do we do about fixing it now.

Agree. We had to go thru game 1 & 2 to get to 3. Good thing is most of this stuff is fixable.

Maverick91
09-11-2023, 12:07 PM
Not we. The OC and thus the HC. The players did what was asked of them. You can only run it up the middle so many times before the DC plays to stop the run...

You are splitting hairs that don’t matter. We are both saying the same thing. That game should have been a route we as the fan base all know that and I think that’s why we are so pissed. I think the team/coaches are as pissed or more pissed than we as fans are.

Did the players miss some plays that they shouldn’t have yeah, did the coaches have terrible in game adjustments yeah. Both of those can be true at the same time.