PDA

View Full Version : Offense - Silver Lining

MBDawg601
09-10-2023, 01:57 PM
We outscored Tennessee and Alabama yesterday. #RTGDFB

R2Dawg
09-10-2023, 02:12 PM
Bama was playing a better team but not UT. We did out perform UT I guess.

I think the silver lining is many of these things can be fixed. We can run the ball; we've proven that. Will has proven he can throw under perfect conditions. We just need to learn how to combine the two.

MBDawg601
09-10-2023, 02:14 PM
Bama was playing a better team but not UT. We did out perform UT I guess.

I think the silver lining is many of these things can be fixed. We can run the ball; we've proven that. Will has proven he can throw under perfect conditions. We just need to learn how to combine the two.

We can run it for sure. We were eating them alive, until they realized we were not going to throw the ball. The first Drive coming out of half time was actually enjoyable. If that is a glimpse of what we COULD do. I think we will be okay.

RockyDog
09-10-2023, 02:15 PM
There is no silver lining. We scored that many points due to short fields because of turnovers. The only sustained drive we had was the first one that resulted in zero points.

I can?t even begin to describe what that abomination was. We looked like a mix of Jackie and Crooms era football. We pounded the ball up the middle and failed to reach 200 yards. We completely didn?t let the QB get in any rhythm in the passing game.

We had debates all off-season if this was gonna be a 5000 yard offense due to increased run production. At this rate, this team won?t break 3500 TOTAL yards which would be the most inept offense since Crooms left the building. This season could be scary if this is all Barbay has to offer.

MBDawg601
09-10-2023, 02:17 PM
There is no silver lining. We scored that many points due to short fields because of turnovers. The only sustained drive we had was the first one that resulted in zero points.

I can?t even begin to describe what that abomination was. We looked like a mix of Jackie and Crooms era football. We pounded the ball up the middle and failed to reach 200 yards. We completely didn?t let the QB get in any rhythm in the passing game.

We had debates all off-season if this was gonna be a 5000 yard offense due to increased run production. At this rate, this team won?t break 3500 TOTAL yards which would be the most inept offense since Crooms left the building. This season could be scary if this is all Barbay has to offer.

We were holding cards for LSU. Just wait and see. We will rip off 500 total yards this coming Saturday. I can feel it.

AROB44
09-10-2023, 02:48 PM
We were holding cards for LSU. Just wait and see. We will rip off 500 total yards this coming Saturday. I can feel it.

You need to put down your meth pipe.....

EdwardDrayton
09-10-2023, 03:04 PM
You need to put down your meth pipe.....

He might feel it but guaranteed he ain't holding any betting slips at MSU +9

R2Dawg
09-10-2023, 04:02 PM

Sat wasn't great but it is game 2 of a major transformation. Did some of yall really think you can go from air raid with no new personnel and install in one off season? Do the air raid folks remember yall saying it would take years to implement the air raid?

We are way better right now than any of the Croom O. For the era, JWS teams were better than ave. Air raid got us 500 ball.

Now we can do better but it will take a little time. And Maybe we don't have the right coaches to make it happen; we don't really know that yet either. Barbay got it done at AppSt. Let some of this play out.

Lord McBuckethead
09-11-2023, 08:27 AM
Barbay got it done at App State? Maybe he did. I don't really know. I feel like he got this job because of the aTm game last year, and aTm sucks.

BlackSailsDawg
09-11-2023, 08:53 AM
Sat wasn't great but it is game 2 of a major transformation. Did some of yall really think you can go from air raid with no new personnel and install in one off season? Do the air raid folks remember yall saying it would take years to implement the air raid?

We are way better right now than any of the Croom O. For the era, JWS teams were better than ave. Air raid got us 500 ball.

Now we can do better but it will take a little time. And Maybe we don't have the right coaches to make it happen; we don't really know that yet either. Barbay got it done at AppSt. Let some of this play out.

Man it has nothing to do with changing the offense. The OC did not allow the QB passing plays. He literally closed that door this past saturday and kept it shut when the game turned on him! That's not players learning the system. That's Barbay not being a great game planner nor in game adjustment guy.

Captain Falcon
09-11-2023, 08:59 AM
In looking at the play chart, it was more of a mixed bag than it felt like watching live. Live it felt all bad.

We had a good first quarter and then only touched the ball once in the second quarter. Borderline holding call took a TD off the board and then we missed a field goal. First drive of the third quarter we scored a TD and at 21-7 it felt like we were fine. That was the point where we really started to stall. From that point on, we didn?t do anything in regulation other than the long catch and run by Tulu that led to a field goal.

basedog
09-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Not making adjustments is very concerning going into the game Saturday. I really like Arnett and think he is a smart Coach; I'm hoping for an upset but ain't going to hold my breathe.

Let's hope we play a complete game, if we can't make a few big plays it will be a long day. On the flip side we must not let the Corndogs make big plays, as Mama Justice advertises, "it's just that simple"!

msugolf
09-11-2023, 09:18 AM
Barbay got it done at App State? Maybe he did. I don't really know. I feel like he got this job because of the aTm game last year, and aTm sucks.

Barbay has only been an OC three years, 1 year each at Stephen F Austin, C Michigan and App State. His stint at SFA was pretty bad. At CM and App St, those schools already had good offenses before he got there and he bolted both after 1 year so there is very little evidence of who or what he is at this point.

Sort of concerning that he job hops after 1 year a lot. In the business world the folks who do that are doing it to bolt before people find out they are frauds

Really Clark?
09-11-2023, 09:24 AM
Barbay has only been an OC three years, 1 year each at Stephen F Austin, C Michigan and App State. His stint at SFA was pretty bad. At CM and App St, those schools already had good offenses before he got there and he bolted both after 1 year so there is very little evidence of who or what he is at this point.

Sort of concerning that he job hops after 1 year a lot. In the business world the folks who do that are doing it to bolt before people find out they are frauds

He was Co-OC, but honestly it's hard to hold the staff at SFA responsible for that season really. It was a scramble when the HC was suspended that summer then terminated in Aug before the season started. They played the year under an interim HC and it caused a pretty disjointed season for the players and coaches.

R2Dawg
09-11-2023, 11:43 AM
Man it has nothing to do with changing the offense. The OC did not allow the QB passing plays. He literally closed that door this past saturday and kept it shut when the game turned on him! That's not players learning the system. That's Barbay not being a great game planner nor in game adjustment guy.

When air raid Will is your QB it has everything to do with it. I agree Barbay didn't game plan well past the first quarter.

You can't have it both ways. You told us it takes repetition - years of it to get the air raid right even though it is only a handful of plays yet every other O is supposed to be a well oiled machine by game 2?

Another thing, I gave the air raid 2 years before I started criticizing the obvious weaknesses, you sir didn't even wait 2 games.

It is obvious to anyone what you are about.

BuckyIsAB****
09-11-2023, 08:58 PM

We have a winner here

tireddawg
09-11-2023, 09:31 PM

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he job hopped after this season.

Todd4State
09-12-2023, 12:51 AM

The difference is Leach had a known track record of it taking a couple of years to get the offense down.

We finished above .500 with the Air Raid so not sure what you're talking about there? Leach was actually on pace with Jackie and Dan before he passed away.

Todd4State
09-12-2023, 12:55 AM
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he job hopped after this season.

App State fans don't miss him.

I'll be surprised if he is here more than two years good, bad, or ugly.

Cooterpoot
09-12-2023, 03:31 AM
The offense sucked balls. The defense won Saturday. The play calling was abysmal. Woody McCorvey would be proud.