PDA

View Full Version : So glad we now have tight ends

tcdog70
09-10-2023, 10:13 AM
Are we ever going to throw them a pass. This was maybe the worst game plan in our history. Thankfully we finally threw a screen pass. Where was runs to the outside. Have to admit IMHO, the holding call on the TD was bullshit. Not sure the QB had the ball when he crossed goal line. And pretty sure WRs stepped out of end zone ..just didn?t have a clear look. We had three holding penalties they had zero but seems like they held a lot.

defiantdog
09-10-2023, 10:16 AM
Are we ever going to throw them a pass. This was maybe the worst game plan in our history. Thankfully we finally threw a screen pass. Where was runs to the outside. Have to admit IMHO, the holding call on the TD was bullshit. Not sure the QB had the ball when he crossed goal line. And pretty sure WRs stepped out of end zone ..just didn?t have a clear look. We had three holding penalties they had zero but seems like they held a lot.
Bookie was held every time he blitzed. I'm surprised his Jersey wasn't ripped after the game.

EdwardDrayton
09-10-2023, 10:16 AM
It truly is head scratching not utilizing tight ends in this offense. It really seems we are lost in terms of having a clear offensive strategy and having the correct personnel on the field for given situations.

EdwardDrayton
09-10-2023, 10:18 AM
Bookie was held every time he blitzed. I'm surprised his Jersey wasn't ripped after the game.

Heaven help us if Bookie gets hurt. He IS the defense.

Tater
09-10-2023, 10:24 AM

This sounds like it was good prep for Bama / SEC play.

MBDawg601
09-10-2023, 01:19 PM
It truly is head scratching not utilizing tight ends in this offense. It really seems we are lost in terms of having a clear offensive strategy and having the correct personnel on the field for given situations.

Well considering 15 of the 17 attempts were check downs. I don't think we have a QB that can throw to them accurately, with zip.

Bothrops
09-10-2023, 04:10 PM

Jett is ahead of him

CaptainObvious
09-10-2023, 09:35 PM

If we had any other RB besides Pitman on that Screen it would have been dropped at the LOS by the defender who he bounced off of. The positive is Will actually threw that pass through traffic to pitman.

Cowbell
09-10-2023, 09:43 PM

Heaven help you for being too blind to see Preston and Jett last night