PDA

View Full Version : Where do you see Arizona finishing in the Pac-12?

Quaoarsking
09-10-2023, 09:36 AM
Last year, they finished 8th at 3-6 (5-7). They were picked 8th again this year.

Hard to see them doing much better than that (I doubt they're better than USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, or Washington, and probably not Colorado or Washington State either), but we could end up looking back on this game differently if they do well.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-10-2023, 10:02 AM
We are trash. There is no point in trying to console yourself that Zona is actually good

We need to get a lot better on the OL, need to figure out the playcalling on both sides, and need to make more adjustments in game. We are not secretly some good team that played a sneaky good Arizona. Zona is trash, they gave us 5 turnovers, and we barely won

Ranchdawg
09-10-2023, 10:05 AM
We are trash. There is no point in trying to console yourself that Zona is actually good

We need to get a lot better on the OL, need to figure out the playcalling on both sides, and need to make more adjustments in game. We are not secretly some good team that played a sneaky good Arizona. Zona is trash, they gave us 5 turnovers, and we barely won

This

Quaoarsking
09-10-2023, 10:06 AM

But ... I ... clearly said I think Arizona isn't good?

I mean I get that it's more fun to just dump on our team and block out the rest, but I think it's worth discussing where we think Arizona will end up in a Pac-12 that looks stronger in its final season.

defiantdog
09-10-2023, 10:07 AM
Arizona won't be that good. They may win one or two that they aren't supposed to win bc their qb takes big risks

Tater
09-10-2023, 10:37 AM
Arizona won't be that good. They may win one or two that they aren't supposed to win bc their qb takes big risks

UTEP and Stanford are wins. Arizona State is a rivalry game but they are better. I like what Jedd Fisch is building.

The entire PAC-12 is quality this year. There will be a lot of cannibalization. I think they matchup well and time it well to pull an upset on USC. (USC DC is bottom 5 in P5). I think they're better than UCLA. They'll win at least one of Wazzu, Oregon State, Colorado, Utah. Personally, I think they have the tools to beat Colorado specifically.

So 7-5 is what I see. I bet on them over 4.5 wins and also to get at least 6 wins at longer odds. I think JDL, their QB has an insane year in the B12 next year and they compete for the championship game there. That's a program on the upswing. They'd do well to keep Jedd.

Quaoarsking
09-10-2023, 10:58 AM
For the record we moved up to #28 in the FPI. Arizona moved up to #52.

I bet we end up pretty close to each other in the end, whether it's high or low.

defiantdog
09-10-2023, 11:00 AM
UTEP and Stanford are wins. Arizona State is a rivalry game but they are better. I like what Jedd Fisch is building.

The entire PAC-12 is quality this year. There will be a lot of cannibalization. I think they matchup well and time it well to pull an upset on USC. (USC DC is bottom 5 in P5). I think they're better than UCLA. They'll win at least one of Wazzu, Oregon State, Colorado, Utah. Personally, I think they have the tools to beat Colorado specifically.

So 7-5 is what I see. I bet on them over 4.5 wins and also to get at least 6 wins at longer odds. I think JDL, their QB has an insane year in the B12 next year and they compete for the championship game there. That's a program on the upswing. They'd do well to keep Jedd.
I can see them beating Colorado, Utah, and Wazzu. Oregon State is sneaky good this year. I think they make a push for the pac 12.

EdwardDrayton
09-10-2023, 11:04 AM
For the record we moved up to #28 in the FPI. Arizona moved up to #52.

I bet we end up pretty close to each other in the end, whether it's high or low.

Yes. But maybe just 'higher' or 'lower'. Don't think either is going to be high.

MBDawg601
09-10-2023, 01:14 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the Pac 12 is the best conference this year, just before they evaporate into nothing.

Quaoarsking
12-29-2023, 01:45 AM
The answer is ...

10-3, 7-2 (3rd) in the Pac-12. Congrats to Zach Arnett and to no one in this thread.

Commercecomet24
12-29-2023, 02:12 AM
The answer is ...

10-3, 7-2 (3rd) in the Pac-12. Congrats to Zach Arnett and to no one in this thread.

Kinda funny but how many times has MSU fired a head coach who has a top 10 win in a season? Lol

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-30-2023, 02:43 PM
I'll admit to being wrong on Zona, impressive as hell what Fisch has done there.

They definitely did play like crap vs us, and it's embarrassing we needed OT to beat a team that gave us a +5 TO margin

Quaoarsking
01-10-2024, 08:32 PM
Sorry to bump the thread again, but Arizona finished #11 in the final poll, which ties it for the 6th highest win in school history by final ranking. Who would guessed that?