PDA

View Full Version : So CZA used a Mullen line post game?

R2Dawg
09-10-2023, 07:45 AM
Half the teams lost today. Ouch, I guess at least he used it after a win unlike Mullen but he needs to get some new material and not quote Mullen's worst lines post game.

Really Clark?
09-10-2023, 09:06 AM
That's not a Mullen line, Mullen took that from another. That line has been around for decades, even Bear used it

Lord McBuckethead
09-10-2023, 09:10 AM
And it is the truth, as there are no ties.

Mjoelner34
09-10-2023, 11:52 AM
That's not a Mullen line, Mullen took that from another. That line has been around for decades, even Bear used it

The same goes for the "We're going to put the best 11 on the field" which is apparently the line that impressed Arnett enough to hire Barbay.

R2Dawg
09-10-2023, 02:21 PM

I didn't say Mullen created it, but he made it famous at MSU after a bad loss.

Did the Bear use that line after a loss? I doubt it.

Cowbell
09-10-2023, 02:26 PM
The same goes for the "We're going to put the best 11 on the field" which is apparently the line that impressed Arnett enough to hire Barbay.

That's not what barbay said. He wanted to know the best 11 guys before designing his offense

LC Dawg
09-10-2023, 02:41 PM
Did he also say "Point with the thumb and not with the finger"?

Really Clark?
09-10-2023, 03:33 PM
I didn't say Mullen created it, but he made it famous at MSU after a bad loss.

Did the Bear use that line after a loss? I doubt it.

Did CZA?

R2Dawg
09-10-2023, 03:57 PM
Did CZA?

Yes, you can read quote on yahoo sports from interview after game. It wasn't in post game stuff but other sports media QA.

Really Clark?
09-10-2023, 05:03 PM
Yes, you can read quote on yahoo sports from interview after game. It wasn't in post game stuff but other sports media QA.

You asked if Bear said something similar after a loss, you said "I doubt it." So CZA said the same thing after a win, like Bear. I know CZA said it but to make it something just because Mullen said is kind of silly since coaches have used that line for decades.