PDA

View Full Version : I'm hearing bells a ringing....

Brahmabull
12-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Possible against Marshall

CadaverDawg
12-02-2013, 07:00 PM
We Are Marshall vs We Are MState

Todd4State
12-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm glad they don't have Randy Moss.

CadaverDawg
12-02-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm glad they don't have Randy Moss.

Or Pennington

messageboardsuperhero
12-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Marshall would be a tough matchup. They're pretty good.

Dawg61
12-02-2013, 07:21 PM
They will beat Rice I'd think and that'd make them the CUSA champs. I'm doubting we play the CUSA champs. What's the bowl tie-in for the CUSA champs?

Edit: just checked and Tulsa won CUSA last year and played in the Liberty so this might have legs if we're playing in the Liberty. We do know the Liberty loves MSU. We filled that stadium vs UCF.

was21
12-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I think I saw where State in the Liberty ranks among two of the top five attendance records for that bowl. That, combined with the fact that we played in the first liberty bowl fifty years ago is bomb.

CooterDavenport
12-02-2013, 07:36 PM
They will beat Rice I'd think and that'd make them the CUSA champs. I'm doubting we play the CUSA champs. What's the bowl tie-in for the CUSA champs?

Edit: just checked and Tulsa won CUSA last year and played in the Liberty so this might have legs if we're playing in the Liberty. We do know the Liberty loves MSU. We filled that stadium vs UCF.

Liberty has the #1 pick from the CUSA.

Coach34
12-02-2013, 07:54 PM
only way I see this happening is if Georgia and Vandy are taken by the Gator and MC

Brahmabull
12-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Nope. Vandy to compass. They want to go out of TN.

Political Hack
12-02-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't know how it would happen given the landscape, but word is that Liberty is going to get us. I can't trust it yet, but that's being thrown out by the Memphis dawgs who would know.

Coach34
12-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't know how it would happen given the landscape, but word is that Liberty is going to get us. I can't trust it yet, but that's being thrown out by the Memphis dawgs who would know.

I'm really shocked by that- glad....but shocked

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Finally getting payback for that Outback snub***

Political Hack
12-02-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm really shocked by that- glad....but shocked

like I said, it's being said as if it's going to happen but everyone should know that Slive will ultimately say yea or nay.

engie
12-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Marshall is a similar matchup to Troy(when Troy is good). Hurry-up spread team with a pocket QB -- only Cato can run a little bit when necessary and they like to pound it a bit more than Troy. ETA: In looking at stats, maybe a little more of an Oklahoma State style because Cato and their team do run it alot more than I thought. They are also a pretty good defensive team this year(different than Troy)...

Would be a really nice test for us to see how far we've come. They were very close to going undefeated this year. Dismantling them in a bowl game would bode well for the direction of the program going into next year -- when we should have some hype and be on some people's radars...

Coach34
12-02-2013, 09:46 PM
like I said, it's being said as if it's going to happen but everyone should know that Slive will ultimately say yea or nay.

Sounds to me like Vandy is signing off on it- so it may very well happen. If Vandy was bitching- no damn way

Coach34
12-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Marshall is a similar matchup to Troy(when Troy is good). Hurry-up spread team with a pocket QB -- only Cato can run a little bit when necessary and they like to pound it a bit more than Troy. ETA: In looking at stats, maybe a little more of an Oklahoma State style because Cato and their team do run it alot more than I thought. They are also a pretty good defensive team this year(different than Troy)...

Would be a really nice test for us to see how far we've come. They were very close to going undefeated this year. Dismantling them in a bowl game would bode well for the direction of the program going into next year -- when we should have some hype and be on some people's radars...

We have to RTGDF

Todd4State
12-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Sounds to me like Vandy is signing off on it- so it may very well happen. If Vandy was bitching- no damn way

If I was a Vandy fan or person, I would rather watch Vandy play Rutgers than Vandy play Marshall. Vanderbilt has a lot of alumni in New York City, and if I am the Compass/Hall of Fame/Bourbon whatever bowl, what they may not get in attendance, they may make up for it in ratings. Vandy doesn't travel anywhere they go.

MSU/Marshall sounds like a pretty good match-up as well.

Todd4State
12-02-2013, 10:22 PM

We'll definitely have the home field advantage.

ScottH
12-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Marshall beat the hell out of a pretty good ECU team this weekend.

Dawg61
12-03-2013, 12:00 AM

We've also played 4 of the top 8 schools in the nation, 5 in the top 15 and 6 in the top 25. We've only lost to ranked teams this year. We were the more physical, bigger and more athletic team than every team we played except maybe LSU. Marshall will be a nice test but they'd have to be much faster than us to make up for our HUGE size advantage and I seriously doubt Marshall is fielding a track team. We're going to physically beat the crap out of the Thundering Herd.

Todd4State
12-03-2013, 01:06 AM

They remind me a little bit of Bowling Green. BG went 9-3 and gave us a pretty good game. I think our team is better now that it was when we played BG though.