PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon over.

calidawg
09-09-2023, 10:18 PM
Hold your OC accountable Arnett.

MetEdDawg
09-09-2023, 10:24 PM
Well he said after the game it's a good thing he has good players because they made up for coaching mistakes tonight.

Arnett will not sugar coat anything. Said the made mistakes tonight.

BlackSailsDawg
09-09-2023, 10:27 PM
Well he said after the game it's a good thing he has good players because they made up for coaching mistakes tonight.

Arnett will not sugar coat anything. Said the made mistakes tonight.

Saying it out loud and addressing it internally with results.... 2 different things.

MetEdDawg
09-09-2023, 10:28 PM
Saying it out loud and addressing it internally with results.... 2 different things.

So you think he won't address it? Does that sound at all like anything Arnett has done yet?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2023, 10:33 PM
OK. Seeing there are problems is great. Being willing to address it it great. But you have to actually SOLVE it, like come up with and effectively implement a solution.

THAT is what I worry about. The same OC that called tonight will have to fix the offense. I have no faith in that, even if Arnett does everything right as far as "accountability" goes. I also have no faith our new DC is capable of calling a game. A lot of his calls tonight seems absolutely clueless of the game situation, like he couldn't keep up mentally with the down and distance

MBDawg601
09-09-2023, 10:34 PM
So you think he won't address it? Does that sound at all like anything Arnett has done yet?

I suspect that the f-bomb dropped in the post game interview was one of MANY tonight. If he doesn't get in someone's tail over that showing I would he surprised.

Cowbell
09-09-2023, 10:36 PM

I swear some of our own people say the dumbest things

Cowbell
09-09-2023, 10:37 PM

Captain obvious

BlackSailsDawg

I just think saying on TV they covered for our coaching mistakes is not addressing it.

MetEdDawg
OK. Seeing there are problems is great. Being willing to address it it great. But you have to actually SOLVE it, like come up with and effectively implement a solution.

THAT is what I worry about. The same OC that called tonight will have to fix the offense. I have no faith in that, even if Arnett does everything right as far as "accountability" goes. I also have no faith our new DC is capable of calling a game. A lot of his calls tonight seems absolutely clueless of the game situation, like he couldn't keep up mentally with the down and distance

Why do you have no faith? What evidence do you have that makes you think no one will change or fix or address anything?

I just don't get this mentality from our fans. We've played two games, won both, and we know worry no one will work to fix anything.

MetEdDawg
09-09-2023, 10:39 PM
I just think saying on TV they covered for our coaching mistakes is not addressing it.

Did you want him to call the coaches back on the field before they went to the locker room and bless them out?

How could you possibly say what you said and actually believe it? Because he said it on tv, he's not going to address it and/or won't address it.

Are you serious?

Leeshouldveflanked
09-09-2023, 10:40 PM
Its not like he lost to Memphis State or beaten by Kentucky 24-2.

BlackSailsDawg
09-09-2023, 10:44 PM
Did you want him to call the coaches back on the field before they went to the locker room and bless them out?

How could you possibly say what you said and actually believe it? Because he said it on tv, he's not going to address it and/or won't address it.

Are you serious?

I never stated he should have called them back onto the field. I say it because the changes made from week 1 to 2 was 12 less passing attempts and running it up the middle all day. Did you see Arnett go over to the OC and lite a fire? I didn't.

Yes.. I am serious. He's not been a HC before and we have no clue as to how he is going to handle it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2023, 10:46 PM
Why do you have no faith? What evidence do you have that makes you think no one will change or fix or address anything?

I just don't get this mentality from our fans. We've played two games, won both, and we know worry no one will work to fix anything.

Read my post more carefully. I agree stuff can get addressed. I agree stuff will get "changed". I said I have no faith they will be able to FIX it.

Lets say you take a car to a new mechanic. They tell you the car is fixed, but you drive it and find out they didnt' fix the issue and they somehow managed to break an unrelated thing wile working on the broken part. You take it back to them and tell them they better fix both issue free of change. You've held hem accountable... but do you actually feel confident thoe clowns will fix the original issue and the one they created? Of course not! The only evidence you have on that mechanic is that he's incompetent.

Well, Barbay is our new "mechanic". He didn't fix the playcalling imbalance issue we wanted him too, and he's somehow managed to break a veteran OL that wasn't broken before. Arnett can take the car (offense) back to the mechanic (Barbay) and demand it gets fixed, but I have no faith that mechanic actually will.

BlackSailsDawg
09-09-2023, 10:48 PM
Read my post more carefully. I agree stuff can get addressed. I agree stuff will get "changed". I said I have no faith they will be able to FIX it.

Lets say you take a car to a new mechanic. They tell you the car is fixed, but you drive it and find out they didnt' fix the issue and they somehow managed to break an unrelated thing wile working on the broken part. You take it back to them and tell them they better fix both issue free of change. You've held hem accountable... but do you actually feel confident thoe clowns will fix the original issue and the one they created? Of course not! The only evidence you have on that mechanic is that he's incompetent.

Well, Barbay is our new "mechanic". He didn't fix the playcalling imbalance issue we wanted him too, and he's somehow managed to break a veteran OL that wasn't broken before. Arnett can take the car (offense) back to the mechanic (Barbay) and demand it gets fixed, but I have no faith that mechanic actually will.

This is good.

MetEdDawg
09-09-2023, 10:51 PM

We've literally seen 2 total games. 2. One of which against an FCS team. How anyone can draw any type of long term conclusion from that is beyond me.

I've never seen so many upset and discontent people after a win.

Why not give Arnett and Barbay a chance to see what happens next week. We are 2-0. Let's not make any ridiculous judgments about stuff after 2 freaking games.

redstickdawg
09-09-2023, 10:51 PM

very fitting with a very ugly situation that we are in

parabrave
09-09-2023, 10:52 PM
I would like to know who is calling the plays. On pass calling is WR checking out of longer pass atts or is the play 5 yd dumpoffs. Only 4 atts over 10 yds. Is it by design or Will getting the shakes. Then running Woody up the middle 4 times in a row multiple times. Aarrggh.

TrapGame
09-09-2023, 10:52 PM
We've literally seen 2 total games. 2. Ole of which against an FCS team. How anyone can draw any type of long term conclusion from that is beyond me.

Why not give Arnett and Barbay a chance to see what happens next week. We are 2-0. Let's not make any ridiculous judgments about stuff after 2 freaking games.

You must be new here.*****

MBDawg601
09-09-2023, 10:56 PM
We've literally seen 2 total games. 2. One of which against an FCS team. How anyone can draw any type of long term conclusion from that is beyond me.

2-0 doesn't feel like 2-0. Let's get to 3-0, I will feel good then.

calidawg
09-09-2023, 10:57 PM

Because there were massive red flags tonight of pure illogical nonsense on the offensive side of the ball, specifically play calling, bizarre personnel rotations, and lack of feel for the game

parabrave
09-09-2023, 11:02 PM
Well Arnett about to come on the aftergame show if anyone wants to listen.

MetEdDawg
09-09-2023, 11:04 PM
Because there were massive red flags tonight of pure illogical nonsense on the offensive side of the ball, specifically play calling, bizarre personnel rotations, and lack of feel for the game

I don't disagree with any of that. But again. It's game 2. And I have no clue what the conversations were about this week and what we wanted to do on either side of the ball. None.

What we did this week looked nothing like last week either. I would assume there's a reason why. But like I said. We don't know. I'm not in red flag mode unless LSU walks into Starkville and beats the breaks off us.

We shouldn't win the game next weekend. They are better than us at virtually every position and apparently on staff according to our message board. So I can't imagine you or anyone else expects that game to be close.

State82
09-09-2023, 11:07 PM

Well, Barbay is our new "mechanic". He didn't fix the playcalling imbalance issue we wanted him to, and he's somehow managed to break a veteran OL that wasn't broken before. Arnett can take the car (offense) back to the mechanic (Barbay) and demand it gets fixed, but I have no faith that mechanic actually will.
Nailed it. This shit is broke and I have no faith it will get adequately fixed.

BlackSailsDawg
09-09-2023, 11:09 PM
Well Arnett about to come on the aftergame show if anyone wants to listen.

link?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-09-2023, 11:13 PM

I'm not drawing ANY long term conclusion, I'm saying what we've seen so far points to bad things.

I have no faith the mechanic will fix the car. He might, but I have no faith in that because the limited evidence I have points to the contrary.

Like really though, yes Barbay could be great moving forward but how in the F did he think it was smart to bring Wright in for 3rd and 6, let him handoff for 5 yards, then bring in Will for a 4th and 1 conversion? That makes no sense. How hid he not call a single screen play all regulation? WHy did Wright (5 rushes for 95 yards last week) get 1 rush all game? These are dumbass coaching decisions that never should have happened. Why would I have fait the guy who made these decisions will make great decisions moving forward? Again, he MIGHT, I just have no faith he WILL

Todd4State
09-10-2023, 01:37 AM

Well, Barbay is our new "mechanic". He didn't fix the playcalling imbalance issue we wanted him to, and he's somehow managed to break a veteran OL that wasn't broken before. Arnett can take the car (offense) back to the mechanic (Barbay) and demand it gets fixed, but I have no faith that mechanic actually will.

Barbay is the guy selling people that they can get six pack in six weeks.

Todd4State
09-10-2023, 01:41 AM

And we've looked really bad both games. We should have blown Arizona out tonight and SELU was still in doubt well into the third quarter.

We were only able to sustain one TD drive of over 50 yards tonight. How many teams are going to gift us four turnovers like that? And we still struggled.

R2Dawg
09-10-2023, 07:34 AM

I think here is the coaching challenge. They made deals to hold this team together after Leach passing - yes keeping Will on team was one of them. But now we have an O, coach, etc. that doesn't know how to keep Will on team/game and run his O. We are in a real pickle.

Boy we had things rolling with Dak, Fitz and Keyton was next but we blew it all up. Maybe Parsons can get us back rolling at some point.

Dawgface
09-10-2023, 07:45 AM
I think here is the coaching challenge. They made deals to hold this team together after Leach passing - yes keeping Will on team was one of them. But now we have an O, coach, etc. that doesn't know how to keep Will on team/game and run his O. We are in a real pickle.

Boy we had things rolling with Dak, Fitz and Keyton was next but we blew it all up. Maybe Parsons can get us back rolling at some point.

Parson may look at this run heavy philosophy and say no thanks. Portal time.

BB30
09-10-2023, 08:16 AM
I would like to know who is calling the plays. On pass calling is WR checking out of longer pass atts or is the play 5 yd dumpoffs. Only 4 atts over 10 yds. Is it by design or Will getting the shakes. Then running Woody up the middle 4 times in a row multiple times. Aarrggh.

Did you see what happened when we tried to stretch the field? Either will ended up with pressure in his face almost Immediately or our WRs couldn't get any separation.

CoachT14
09-10-2023, 09:29 AM

There?s been a ton of red flags with Arnett up to this point. He has to prove he was worth it at this point. Him rah rahing about the coaching staff not doing their jobs will only go so far. Not everyone is this fan base thinks that dog cussing the players motivates them. A lot of want to actually see effective changes not some bs coach drivel. Not everyone in this fan base gets placated when a coach quote on quote “chews tail” that week.

Make meaningful changes and then maybe I’ll have some faith.