PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen on Nickoe Whitley on Head to Head WOW!!

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Nickoe tore his ACL in the 3rd game this season, and was offered the option to play the rest of the season on it or have surgery to get ready for the NFL combine.

Doctors said it wouldn't get any worse if he could handle the pain.

WOW!! This guy is True Maroon

I feel like shit for talking bad about this guy throughout the year. This guy just choose MSU football and playing with a TORN ACL over getting ready for the NFL combine.

Legend - wait for it - dary

EngineerDawg
12-02-2013, 05:34 PM
damn.. no wonder why he lumbered all the time** Kudos goes out to him for pushing through it and saving our arse numerous games this year.

Dawg61
12-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Yea right and we beat Arkansas at Arkansas for the first time since Jesus was born

smootness
12-02-2013, 05:42 PM
That's absolutely insane. I'm wondering if it was a partial tear or what the deal is; I was under the impression that you can't do any kind of real planting and cutting with a torn ACL.

But no matter what the exact injury was, it's ridiculous that he went out there every single week and played through it simply because he wanted to keep playing for this program.

Absolutely a State legend.

CJDAWG85
12-02-2013, 05:44 PM
That would mean he tore it in the Auburn game... where he had a INT

Damn proud of him

Percho
12-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Yea right and we beat Arkansas at Arkansas for the first time since Jesus was born

How many times did we win over there before that?:)

Schultzy
12-02-2013, 05:57 PM
How many times did we win over there before that?:)

I laughed.

Drugdog
12-02-2013, 07:03 PM
He had a cadaver Cartlidge put in. Not that good for an elite athlete but at the time that's all they could do. It did not completely tear but a lot of scar tissue.

MSUDawg4Life
12-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Wow!

A lot of our so-called fans look mad stupid for criticizing this guy.

War Machine Dawg
12-02-2013, 07:50 PM
That's absolutely insane. I'm wondering if it was a partial tear or what the deal is; I was under the impression that you can't do any kind of real planting and cutting with a torn ACL.

But no matter what the exact injury was, it's ridiculous that he went out there every single week and played through it simply because he wanted to keep playing for this program.

Absolutely a State legend.

Had to be a partial tear. There's no way he could've played with a full tear. But it's still ridiculous. Talk about going out a legend.

sbcmortgageman
12-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Heard Collins say on radio today that nickoe never got to practice with team; just rehabbing all week. Holy cow. That dude is true maroon. He needs to do next years True Maroon for the USM game.

BulldogBear
12-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Heard Collins say on radio today that nickoe never got to practice with team; just rehabbing all week. Holy cow. That dude is true maroon. He needs to do next years True Maroon for the USM game.

Absolutely! Hope Strickland thinks like that!

SPMT
12-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Tough as hell but I question our coaches once again because you know he's not going to be able to always play at a high level which hurts the team when he can't make the play because he's injured

Barking 13
12-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I feel bad now for calling him out mid season, but what does that say about our personnel? I realize Jay Hughes was out, but a crippled Nikoe was better than anything else we got? What does that say about Cox? HMMMMM?

thf24
12-03-2013, 09:14 AM
What does that say about Cox? HMMMMM?

All that says is that we had very questionable depth at corner early in the year.

FISHDAWG
12-03-2013, 09:48 AM
the announcers said he would graduate with a Masters Degree .... well done Nikoe