PDA

View Full Version : How bout some Blaine Clausell love?

Coach34
12-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I made some shitty predictions this year and some good ones as well, but the one I'm most proud of is picking Clausell to be Most Improved this season. He had a really good season and stepped his game up. Really good to see him come into his own as a 3rd year starter- and he should have a really good Sr season.

BeastMan
12-02-2013, 05:05 PM
I did too and I'm pumped about it. It was paramount to our line this year and is exciting for the future.

engie
12-02-2013, 05:24 PM
We improved tremendously on both sides in the trenches as the year went on... Very, very excited for next year if we can find a right tackle. That's the one position that I'm worried about....

Lariverdog
12-02-2013, 05:25 PM
His family always attends our local functions. Top notch family support and quality group.

Goat Holder
12-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Damein Robinson - Senior
Archie Muniz - Senior
JUCO guy
JUCO guy

I'm confident that out of those 4, we can find someone who could play that position. I'm not worried about the OL at all. If those 4 don't work, we can always use Beckwith, Senior, Malone or Clayborn out there.

engie
12-02-2013, 05:37 PM
You can't just throw a guard out at tackle and be successful, Goat.

As of today, Senior is our starting right tackle -- and that scares me.

Coach34
12-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Juco is gonna fill the RT spot- I think we'll keep Senior backing up Clausell for him to take over in 2015.

One thing I could see possibly happening is Malone moving to RT. He has the size and feet for it. Should have the strength. We could do worse for sure

BeastMan
12-02-2013, 05:42 PM
You can't just throw a guard out at tackle and be successful, Goat.

As of today, Senior is our starting right tackle -- and that scares me.

Doesn't bother me. He has better tools than Clausell (as a RS freshman) and will be in his 3rd year. If things got bad, I think Justin Malone has good enough athleticism to play out there. In that scenario it would be Clayborn and Beckwith at OG and I'm ok wit that scenario too.

smootness
12-02-2013, 05:43 PM
It should be Jocquell Johnson.

messageboardsuperhero
12-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Not to brag or anything, but Coach and I were both high on our tackle play going into the season. Siddoway struggled some, but Clausell was very very solid.