PDA

View Full Version : AZ Offense

BlackSailsDawg
09-07-2023, 09:46 AM
QB:

- 18 of 24 passes for 285 yards, 3 tds and 1 int against NAU.
- 50% of his completed passes were behind the LOS and those passes accounted for 100 yards of the 285 and 1 TD. That means that he was 60% somewhere down field with an INT.
- averaged 15.7 yards per carry on 3 attempts.

This will be a great test for our DBs and LBs to blow up those screens behind the LOS. Forbes was great at it! But he's gone. We do this, and this game won't be as close as you think.

TrapGame
09-07-2023, 09:51 AM
De Laura is their offense. We need to get in his head early with crowd noise and a sack or two.

Jarius
09-07-2023, 09:51 AM
QB:

- 18 of 24 passes for 285 yards, 3 tds and 1 int against NAU.
- 50% of his completed passes were behind the LOS and those passes accounted for 100 yards of the 285 and 1 TD. That means that he was 60% somewhere down field with an INT.
- averaged 15.7 yards per carry on 3 attempts.

This will be a great test for our DBs and LBs to blow up those screens behind the LOS. Forbes was great at it! But he's gone. We do this, and this game won't be as close as you think.

We are going to beat them pretty badly unless we turn it over a bunch.

HancockCountyDog
09-07-2023, 09:52 AM
I don't think this game is close. We are far too fast on defense to try and go east/west against us.

They may have a few broken plays, but overall we are just too physical on defense for a team that wants to spread you out and try and throw WR screens.

Plus, with our new ground and pound offense, they won't have the ball much.

ZedFedder
09-07-2023, 10:03 AM
I think some of us are underselling them a bit. I think we are better and will win, but I do not think this will be a cake walk.

HancockCountyDog
09-07-2023, 10:14 AM
I think some of us are underselling them a bit. I think we are better and will win, but I do not think this will be a cake walk.

If the same OL from the SELA game shows up, yes it will not be a cake walk.

I'm refusing to believe that our senior laden OL is not good. They were not good last Saturday. I am chalking that up to first game jitters, new OC, new scheme, and whatever will let me simply not believe that our OL is not good. I'm not expecting them to be dominant, but they should be a top half of the SEC OL without question.

By the way, I don't recommend going back and watching the SELA under any circumstances. I did that yesterday because, why not. Well i'll tell you why not, it was depressing as f*ck. I had to watch Whittmore carries/receptions, multiple times just to stop me from punching myself.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2023, 10:19 AM
If the same OL from the SELA game shows up, yes it will not be a cake walk.

I'm refusing to believe that our senior laden OL is not good. They were not good last Saturday. I am chalking that up to first game jitters, new OC, new scheme, and whatever will let me simply not believe that our OL is not good. I'm not expecting them to be dominant, but they should be a top half of the SEC OL without question.

By the way, I don't recommend going back and watching the SELA under any circumstances. I did that yesterday because, why not. Well i'll tell you why not, it was depressing as f*ck. I had to watch Whittmore carries/receptions, multiple times just to stop me from punching myself.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HancockCountyDog again.

BlackSailsDawg
09-07-2023, 10:21 AM

They are improved, but we are way better.

Example, the offense gave up a sack and 2 TFL against NAU. Point, their OL isn't stopping our DL, Lbs.

TrapGame
09-07-2023, 10:30 AM
I don't think this game is close. We are far too fast on defense to try and go east/west against us.

They may have a few broken plays, but overall we are just too physical on defense for a team that wants to spread you out and try and throw WR screens.

Plus, with our new ground and pound offense, they won't have the ball much.

NAU defense is slower than molasses. I watched the highlights of that game. IIRC, NAU's offense had about 200 yards on the ground.

Maverick91
09-07-2023, 10:58 AM
I don’t get the hate for our first game. Maybe I have maroon glasses on. It wasn’t pretty but I am very pleased with the lack of penalties, we seemed to execute pretty well, knew our assignments, played together as a team.

The biggest issue I saw was intensity, I think if we came out and played the first half like we did the second half everyone would feel pretty good.

There was a lot going on, season starter without Leach, the Leach memorial, arnett really first game.

The only thing that truly pisses me off is the overthrows by Will. But that horse has been kicked into dust in the other threads.

I am optimistic this weekend we will see a very different team.

HancockCountyDog
09-07-2023, 11:18 AM
Example, the offense gave up a sack and 2 TFL against NAU. Point, their OL isn't stopping our DL, Lbs.

That is exact number of TFL and sacks we gave up. So i'm not sure what that means for our OL.

bobtail bob
09-07-2023, 11:50 AM
They look really small at the line of scrimmage on both sides. Show their toy sized QB what the ground feels like in Starkville a time or two and we should be able to close the playbook. We don’t really need to open it until the embezzlers from Baton Rouge show up.

R2Dawg
09-07-2023, 11:51 AM
De Laura is their offense. We need to get in his head early with crowd noise and a sack or two.

This is great timing for our D. Their QB scrambles too so a great prep for Daniels the following week. We'll see how well we contain him, Daniels is much better but if we can't learn how to contain this guy, next week may be trouble. Great preparation for our team thought, like the matchup.

basedog
09-07-2023, 12:24 PM
42-20. Sec has much better athletes and way more physical especial on defense. May be close first half but I expect our guys are in better shape.