PDA

View Full Version : Huge momentum for The Bulldog Initiative

gtowndawg
09-07-2023, 08:46 AM
Over a million in new gifts since last week. I give monthly and encourage others to do the same. Here's the email members received earlier this week from Charlie. If you want to compete, giving to The Bulldog Initiative is critical.

"Dear Friends:

This past Thursday, Mississippi State Athletic Director Zac Selmon announced that The Bulldog Initiative will now serve as the Official Collective of Mississippi State Athletics. This new designation, which was made possible by Zac's leadership and the support of Learfield / Bulldog Sports Properties, helps pave the way for an even more productive relationship between The Bulldog Initiative and MSU.

The reaction to Zac's announcement has been overwhelmingly positive. In fact, The Bulldog Initiative has received over $1.3 million in new gifts and pledges in the past five days alone - and our work to capitalize on this strengthened relationship with MSU is only just beginning.

These new contributions, all of which come from new members to our efforts, will serve as a springboard for an ambitious fundraising and membership growth campaign that we will announce soon."

Learn more at: https://bulldoginitiative.com/

Commercecomet24
09-07-2023, 09:08 AM
I got that email from Charlie yesterday too. It's exciting to see some progress and organization coming from university leadership. Charlie has worked his butt off on this and should receive a big thanks from all of us!

Offshore Dawg
09-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Charlie will be the one needing a statue, He did take the lead on this.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Charlie will be the one needing a statue, He did take the lead on this.

Amen to this! I'll contribute to the Charlie statue fund. He literally started this all by himself and has worked tirelessly to make it happen.

ZedFedder
09-07-2023, 09:47 AM
Think of what could have happened if Charlie had not stepped up. Cohen surely wasn?t doing anything

gtowndawg
09-07-2023, 11:45 AM
I got that email from Charlie yesterday too. It's exciting to see some progress and organization coming from university leadership. Charlie has worked his butt off on this and should receive a big thanks from all of us!

Totally agree

Harrydawg
09-07-2023, 03:35 PM
If we all would just do 50-100 per month we would win championships routinely

msudawglb
09-07-2023, 05:12 PM
I saw where we are selling 2023 team football card sets for $12.99. I bought a couple sets.

https://onitathlete.com/products/preorder-mississippi-state-university%C2%AE-nil-football-2023-whole-team-trading-card-series

EdwardDrayton
09-07-2023, 05:16 PM
If we all would just do 50-100 per month we would win championships routinely

I'm comin' for ya' if it doesn't work

Santiago
09-07-2023, 05:38 PM
Think of what could have happened if Charlie had not stepped up. Cohen surely wasn?t doing anything

Good point. From what I remember, all Cohen was doing was talking to alumni gatherings telling them how dire our the situation was, but had no answers. He was such a whiny B**** who thought he was so smart.

Santiago
09-07-2023, 05:39 PM
I saw where we are selling 2023 team football card sets for $12.99. I bought a couple sets.

https://onitathlete.com/products/preorder-mississippi-state-university%C2%AE-nil-football-2023-whole-team-trading-card-series

These are great dirty santa gifts, especially in split TSUN/State families. Fun for the holidays !

cheewgumm
09-07-2023, 06:20 PM
Monthly donation (like Netflix) is the way.

That is our way, imo.

Everyone sign up for $20 / month. That would get us there.

Harrydawg
09-07-2023, 07:01 PM
Monthly donation (like Netflix) is the way.

That is our way, imo.

Everyone sign up for $20 / month. That would get us there.

This is great and dead on / like or not - NIL is part of the new world of College athletics - and we have a HUGE advantage with Charlie!

Y?all that don?t know this guy - he BLEEDS MSU - but also is a money ball - nerd! Went to MSU undergrad and off to Norte Dame Law School. He and Supreme - Amy Comey Barrett (sp) are class mates and close friends.

He has practically given up his successful law practice to dig in to NIL. He gets it?..meanwhile The Grove Collective has Walker Jones?..guys. We are lucky to have him

Turfdawg67
09-07-2023, 07:55 PM
Maybe if our football alumni that are currently in the NFL would mention MSU instead of their high schools it'd help more... why is that a thing with only our former players? Gay said Starkville High School tonight.

BankerDog
09-07-2023, 08:06 PM
Maybe if our football alumni that are currently in the NFL would mention MSU instead of their high schools it'd help more... why is that a thing with only our former players? Gay said Starkville High School tonight.

Go back and search the things said about Willie Gay on this board and how he was treated, you?d know why.

TheLostDawg
09-07-2023, 08:13 PM

They need to advertise stuff like this on the site. Not a fan of playing cards but I'd buy other stuff. Even if it was five dollars more for msu stuff with the extra going to nil, I'd buy it. I hope that they're working on stuff like that.

confucius say
09-07-2023, 08:34 PM
Charlie is a saint.

Cohen sucks.

Selmon gets it. Wish he hadn't taken 8 months to make the announcement, but glad he did. He is a get it guy.

Turfdawg67
09-07-2023, 08:42 PM
Go back and search the things said about Willie Gay on this board and how he was treated, you?d know why.

He's mad about things said on this board? I hope I misunderstood what you were saying. Lolz. And could Cox still honor his coach but maybe throw in a Hail State once or twice a year?

TheLostDawg
09-07-2023, 09:14 PM
He's mad about things said on this board? I hope I misunderstood what you were saying. Lolz. And could Cox still honor his coach but maybe throw in a Hail State once or twice a year?

Cox gives a lot back up Yazoo city great guy. Wasn't Gay at that basketball game a couple years ago and they announced those two, and left aj out haha. I don't think those guys hate or are mad at Starkville/ state. Seems we're doing a good job of getting Dak back. Need to do better with the others. I think Simmons puts on a football camp and gets some state guys to help out. Some of this might not be highlighting Mississippi state per say but I promise these parents notice things like this. Had a lot of great guys come through

Turfdawg67
09-07-2023, 09:36 PM
Cox gives a lot back up Yazoo city great guy. Wasn't Gay at that basketball game a couple years ago and they announced those two, and left aj out haha. I don't think those guys hate or are mad at Starkville/ state. Seems we're doing a good job of getting Dak back. Need to do better with the others. I think Simmons puts on a football camp and gets some state guys to help out. Some of this might not be highlighting Mississippi state per say but I promise these parents notice things like this. Had a lot of great guys come through

You are correct. Love them all. Just don't get the HS shoutouts. It's all good.

I hope Dak kills it this year, signs a $50MM /yr contract and buys a nice facility with his name on it!

BankerDog
09-07-2023, 09:49 PM

Yeah calling him a thug and a loser/problem is a really great way to get him to donate money back!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-08-2023, 05:41 AM
Yeah calling him a thug and a loser/problem is a really great way to get him to donate money back!

He told you personally that's the reason he doesn't donate money back?

ZedFedder
09-08-2023, 01:02 PM
Some of you guys way overthink the whole NFL intro deal. It?s a huge thing for these guys to put their city on the map. They?ve got little siblings, cousins, and kids that look up to them back home. To hear their hometown, somewhere like say Clarksdale or Macon, get mentioned on national tv is huge.

TheLostDawg
09-08-2023, 09:30 PM

Never have seen that. Not saying you're wrong that someone did but I hope he's a bigger guy than that to care about what some lost looser said on a message board that could have been an ole miss troll trying to cause tension

TheLostDawg
09-10-2023, 09:49 PM

This I don't know if this is message board troll or just don't know what you're talking about.

He sure didn't seem resentful Saturday when we came to the game and we introduced him on the field.

RisperDawg
09-10-2023, 10:03 PM
...we induced him on the field.

How far along was he? 39 weeks at least, I'd hope.

TheLostDawg
09-10-2023, 10:05 PM
How far along was he? 39 weeks at least, I'd hope.

Haha, fixed.