PDA

View Full Version : FSU/LSU

Bdawg
09-03-2023, 09:54 PM
FSU taking LSUs lunch money right now. Norvell looking pretty good after a career rocky start at FSU.

Tater
09-03-2023, 09:56 PM
Almost like guys shouldn't have been judged after 1/2 years in a super rebuild.

lastmajordog
09-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Already sidewalk reb/bear fans are making fun of LSU on FB. Might not be the best thing to yet. Still a lot of talent.

BlackSailsDawg
09-03-2023, 10:02 PM
That last play was fun to see. Rb truck the guy into the endzone.

No longer concerned about ls whoooo

CaptainObvious
09-03-2023, 10:04 PM
So how far does LSU drop from their pre-season over-ranking? From 5 all the way down to 9? 😳 or like they really should: all the way out of the Top 25?

LC Dawg
09-03-2023, 10:05 PM
FSU looks like a playoff team.
I don't think Brian Kelly is a great coach. Notre Dame football ain't SEC football.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 10:11 PM
Travis is a top 3 qb in college football who has unbelievable talent and maturity. Star.

LSU is 9-3 at best. Should be a dog fight in 2 weeks.

dawgday166
09-03-2023, 10:12 PM
That last play was fun to see. Rb truck the guy into the endzone.

No longer concerned about ls whoooo

Lol ... They lost to a worse FSU team last year to start the season.

CaptainObvious
09-03-2023, 10:15 PM
FSU looks like a playoff team.
I don't think Brian Kelly is a great coach. Notre Dame football ain't SEC football.

He will win against the lower 9 teams on a regular basis. Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, South Carolina, Vanderbilt.

Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and probably Texas will give them trouble.

KOdawg1
09-03-2023, 10:16 PM
LSU got physically man-handled in the second half. FSU came out and punched them in the mouth and made them say thank you for it.

If we come out tough, we can hang with LSU. Gonna have to push the ball down the field like FSU did though. Can't dink and dunk down the field against their front 7. Gotta work off play action and take some shots. We'll see if Will can do it.

RisperDawg
09-03-2023, 10:28 PM
Lol ... They lost to a worse FSU team last year to start the season.

They didn't get demolished last year by FSU.

Further, we played them close last year until the dropped punt.

dawgday166
09-03-2023, 10:32 PM
They didn't get demolished last year by FSU.

Further, we played them close last year until the dropped punt.

I know all that and it's worth squat this year ... Which was my point. Everyone thought LSU was gonna be a walk in the park for us last year too .

Every time we think that about LSU ... We get our arses kicked.

Cowbell
09-03-2023, 10:38 PM
So how far does LSU drop from their pre-season over-ranking? From 5 all the way down to 9? 😳 or like they really should: all the way out of the Top 25?
LSU is a top 15 team still. They are Uber talented.

parabrave
09-03-2023, 10:53 PM
LSU is a top 15 team still. They are Uber talented.

And they just got out coached tonight.

Tater
09-03-2023, 11:08 PM
I know all that and it's worth squat this year ... Which was my point. Everyone thought LSU was gonna be a walk in the park for us last year too .

Every time we think that about LSU ... We get our arses kicked.

2022 - we were doing this then turned into a pumpkin 2nd half. Part Death Valley voodoo. But we were right in thinking we would roll them and looked poised to do it until we didn't.

2021 - low expectations and we didn't get off the bus. my fear for us being 11 am kickoff.

2020 - made so much money that day lmao.

2018 - jomo making us do calculus

2017 - we expected to roll and we did.

dawgday166
09-03-2023, 11:15 PM
2022 - we were doing this then turned into a pumpkin 2nd half. Part Death Valley voodoo. But we were right in thinking we would roll them and looked poised to do it until we didn't.

2021 - low expectations and we didn't get off the bus. my fear for us being 11 am kickoff.

2020 - made so much money that day lmao.

2018 - jomo making us do calculus

2017 - we expected to roll and we did.

Don't know that we expected to roll in 2017. My recollection is we thought we might have a good team if we beat them. After rolling LSU ... We then did expect to whup Georgia the following weekend at their place. That didn't work out so hot.

Tater
09-04-2023, 12:07 AM
Don't know that we expected to roll in 2017. My recollection is we thought we might have a good team if we beat them. After rolling LSU ... We then did expect to whup Georgia the following weekend at their place. That didn't work out so hot.

I did cause Ed O wasn't a good coach and we swapped from Sirmon to Grantham. Only had lost by 3 in LSU in our shitty 2016 year. Ed O eventually proved me wrong, but I thought he was a dumb hire.

Todd4State
09-04-2023, 12:11 AM
LSU got physically man-handled in the second half. FSU came out and punched them in the mouth and made them say thank you for it.

If we come out tough, we can hang with LSU. Gonna have to push the ball down the field like FSU did though. Can't dink and dunk down the field against their front 7. Gotta work off play action and take some shots. We'll see if Will can do it.

Looks like LSU still struggles on the road. That's good for us. They lost to a bad A&M team and almost lost to a bad Auburn team on the road last year.

They're almost unbeatable at home especially at night.

Based on what I've seen our defense is going to have to ball out and we're going to have to win a low scoring game.

dawgday166
09-04-2023, 12:32 AM
I did cause Ed O wasn't a good coach and we swapped from Sirmon to Grantham. Only had lost by 3 in LSU in our shitty 2016 year. Ed O eventually proved me wrong, but I thought he was a dumb hire.

Ok ... I think you right although I was probably a little nervous since when our fanbase thinks it's a slam dunk ... we usually end up getting slapped. In all sports LOL.

Todd4State
09-04-2023, 12:34 AM
Ok ... I think you right although I was probably a little nervous since when our fanbase thinks it's a slam dunk ... we usually end up getting slapped. In all sports LOL.

I never assume that we're going to beat LSU in football. There are times where I think we have a chance. But slam dunk? Nope.

I've been like that since 1998.

Bothrops
09-04-2023, 06:06 AM
I never assume that we're going to beat LSU in football. There are times where I think we have a chance. But slam dunk? Nope.

I've been like that since 1998.

Lucky for us we won't be putting too much pressure on their qb. Otherwise he'll run around our front seven for 20-30 yard tears and then they could do whatever to us.

Bdawg
09-04-2023, 06:22 AM
I was also surprised how little Perkins name was called. Late in the game, FSU was running downhill

chef dixon
09-04-2023, 07:18 AM
LSU got gassed and lacks talent at skill positions that they historically have. When Nabers is your best weapon that ain't good. There's a reason they contemplated buying our punt returner.

msstate7
09-04-2023, 07:29 AM
Had we played FSU Saturday, we'd have lost by more than this. State and lsu better get better fast

confucius say
09-04-2023, 07:54 AM
Looks like LSU still struggles on the road. That's good for us. They lost to a bad A&M team and almost lost to a bad Auburn team on the road last year.

They're almost unbeatable at home especially at night.

Based on what I've seen our defense is going to have to ball out and we're going to have to win a low scoring game.

They almost lost to a bad ark on the road last year too. Won by 3. And gave up a lot of points to a bad Fla team on the road.

BlackSailsDawg
09-04-2023, 08:10 AM
This is a winnable game. I also feel like their lines are not good.

TrapGame
09-04-2023, 08:22 AM
FSU slap wore out the LSU defense. Don't know if it's all strength and conditioning but I've never seen a LSU defense look that exhausted before.

R2Dawg
09-04-2023, 09:49 AM
Daniels running/scrambling is what scares me the most. That is how we win or lose; how well we contain him. That is the ballgame. I think we can compete everywhere else. Wish we had a Matt Wells to spy at LB.

Our counter is Mike Wright. What do we do with him to run them tired?

parabrave
09-04-2023, 05:11 PM
FSU slap wore out the LSU defense. Don't know if it's all strength and conditioning but I've never seen a LSU defense look that exhausted before.

They lined up 2 in the backfield and just shoved it down their throats.

TUSK
09-04-2023, 05:44 PM
They lined up 2 in the backfield and just shoved it down their throats.

Fact... Just wait til those cats see "Joyless Murderball", come November.

was21
09-04-2023, 05:52 PM
They're mirroring their corches behavior...chasing tail (is he rumor)...it wears you out.

parabrave
09-05-2023, 05:29 PM
If anyone wants the best meltdown ever try finding TBob Herberts post game show on WWL. I'm surprised he didn't get fined. And when we beat LSU it will be another classic.

TrapGame
09-05-2023, 06:16 PM
If anyone wants the best meltdown ever try finding TBob Herberts post game show on WWL. I'm surprised he didn't get fined. And when we beat LSU it will be another classic.

There's also some good meltdown threads on Tiger Droppings. I read some eating a bag of chips Monday. Cajun tears make a good dip.

TrapGame
09-06-2023, 09:07 AM
They're mirroring their corches behavior...chasing tail (is he rumor)...it wears you out.

I spoke to one of my LSU fan coworkers with friends and family in BR. The rumors are rife with him hitting all the local poon. He supposedly has a morality clause in his contract - thanks to O. His wife reminded him of this when he asked for a divorce, and she had pics of his escapades around BR.