PDA

View Full Version : A few individual notables from the opening game.

R2Dawg
09-03-2023, 09:06 PM
Creed as everyone saw is going to be star at MSU. Creed with the speed.

Not sure if John Lewis played much on D but man he is a stud on ST. Not just the blocked kick but he wrecks the kickoff blocking laying the lumber. I think he can be special at LB too.

Dinkins showed why many are high on him. He is a man in the middle. I watched him one play as he stuffing the middle and the runner. He might be the next big MSU DL star.

We are so talented at RB.

Mike Wright has to get on the field as a threat. I don't typically like a two QB system but this might be the year to do a good bit of it. Such a weapon.

chef dixon
09-03-2023, 09:12 PM
I've seen a lot of people post that about our RBs. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see it. Marks is good not great, the rest looked pretty generic. It's a very plug and play position these days. Takes a lot to stand out

preachermatt83
09-03-2023, 11:40 PM
Pittman is most underrated player we have

Todd4State
09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
I've seen a lot of people post that about our RBs. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see it. Marks is good not great, the rest looked pretty generic. It's a very plug and play position these days. Takes a lot to stand out

The biggest issue is if Marks gets banged up or hurt that could be an issue.

Harrydawg
09-04-2023, 03:31 PM

Out RB group is as deep and talented as we have had in years.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Pittman is most underrated player we have

Pitman runs like a tank! Reminds me of Vick Ballard.

viverlibre
09-04-2023, 04:17 PM

You are correct. Marks is good, certainly not great. The others are behind him. If the oline performs well and our play calling keeps 8 men out of the box, our running game will be fine.

Tim the ToolMan
09-04-2023, 04:37 PM
When it comes to numbers yes we are deeper than we have been under Leach but which guy is better than Dillon Johnson? We basically traded our 2nd string back for a 3rd or 4th string back in the Penn State guy.

parabrave
09-04-2023, 04:55 PM
How about Pickering??

Pancho
09-05-2023, 06:15 AM
nathan played like a grown man

coachnorm
09-05-2023, 09:59 AM

How do you get credible data points on running backs playing against scrubs?

Santiago
09-05-2023, 03:59 PM
How about Pickering??

Pickering is a different player this year already , or so it seems.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-05-2023, 05:16 PM
How about Pickering??

While Pickering has been a solid player his entire career, he really hasn't lived up to his potential or his hype. Saturday's game he looked more dominant. I would love to get a great year out of Pickering and Crumedy. Pickering reaching his potential would be huge for us.