PDA

View Full Version : Y'all watching both these QB's evading the pass rush with their feet?

civildawg
09-03-2023, 07:02 PM
Must be nice

defiantdog
09-03-2023, 07:04 PM
It's like they can extend plays. Must be nice

RockyDog
09-03-2023, 07:10 PM
All we have to do is keep Will upright and let him scan the field for 8 seconds every play. I don’t think that’s too much to ask of our offensive line!!

CoachT14
09-03-2023, 07:23 PM
Must be nice

Better watch out. Going to have some folks up in here riled.

dawgday166
09-03-2023, 07:24 PM
What is this "evading the pass rush with their feet" maneuver you speaketh of? Is that legal?

lastmajordog
09-03-2023, 07:31 PM
That first play I saw Wright take off up the middle for yards I thought (good grief this fellow can fly!!)....that should come in handy against LSU and others.

civildawg
09-03-2023, 07:33 PM
LSU DL is feasting. Our OL better grow up quick

CoachT14
Will doesn’t make that throw by Travis for sure.

starkvegasdawg
I saw the LSU QB get planted like a tulip when he tried to jump in the middle of the line.

bigbub50
09-03-2023, 07:43 PM
LSU DL is feasting. Our OL better grow up quick

And lsu is playing without their best defensive tackle.

EdwardDrayton
09-03-2023, 07:44 PM
And what a coincidence they're both Top Ten teams.

BeardoMSU
09-03-2023, 07:53 PM
I saw the LSU QB get planted like a tulip when he tried to jump in the middle of the line.

Planted like the flag on the Moon's surface!**

Lord McBuckethead
09-03-2023, 07:55 PM
I get what everyone is saying, but Will is our dude. We have a guy that is redshirting that will be doing this in a couple years.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 07:56 PM
Guys. Did y'all come into 2023 thinking Will was Daniels or Travis? If so, that's dumb. If not, this thread is dumb.

We're recruiting more mobile qb. But y'all thinking will was suddenly going to have a big arm downfield or use his feet is mind boggling.

Lord McBuckethead
09-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Will doesn’t make that throw by Travis for sure.

Travis is costing FSU the game at the moment, but FSU cannot run on LSUs defense and they can?t keep LSU DL guys out of the backfield.

Lord McBuckethead
09-03-2023, 08:03 PM
Looks to me FSUs qb doesn?t look before throwing the ball.

msstate7
09-03-2023, 08:31 PM
Looks to me FSUs qb doesn?t look before throwing the ball.

He's better than any qb we've had save dak

CadaverDawg
09-03-2023, 08:38 PM
Oh boy, BuckyIsARogers when he sees this thread...

https://i.imgflip.com/7xxain.jpg

KOdawg1
09-03-2023, 08:44 PM

LOL

KOdawg1
09-03-2023, 08:44 PM
We're literally the only SEC school with an immobile QB

dawgday166
09-03-2023, 08:47 PM

LMAO.
I'm becoming afeered he might have a nervous breakdown before we even get past the LSU game. Gotta be wearisome frantically searching every thread for every minor criticism of Will.

Lord McBuckethead
09-03-2023, 09:01 PM
Not a big fan of constantly bashing Will either. There is no problem talking about how immobile he is.

chef dixon
09-03-2023, 09:08 PM
#4 for FSU is going to be rich next summer

Cowbell
09-03-2023, 09:15 PM
Not a big fan of constantly bashing Will either. There is no problem talking about how immobile he is.

Yeah this bashing is pretty disrespectful considering Will was voted the captain and is who he is and gives it all he has. He's not suppose to be a dual threat. Neither was Peyton. I think he played average but he will get better or the coaches will make the right decision to help us win. This thread only creates drama

DownwardDawg
09-03-2023, 09:15 PM

Agreed. Will is a great dude. Phenomenal representation of State. I hope every week he has his best game.
I agree that I do like a dual threat QB, but I'm cheering for Will until he graduates.

trojandawg
09-03-2023, 09:21 PM
Don't dare question the record setting qb at msu. Even if he is an unathletic statue

KOdawg1
09-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Yeah this bashing is pretty disrespectful considering Will was voted the captain and is who he is and gives it all he has. He's not suppose to be a dual threat. Neither was Peyton. I think he played average but he will get better or the coaches will make the right decision to help us win. This thread only creates drama

This thread does absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just discussing sports.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 09:24 PM
He's better than any qb we've had save dak

Correct. He's a first rounder

confucius say
09-03-2023, 09:26 PM
We're literally the only SEC school with an immobile QB

But everybody on here knew this all off season. This isn't a new development.
Why is this being discussed?

trojandawg
09-03-2023, 09:27 PM
The best qbs in football are dual threats. Playmakers with their arms and legs. Ithe best offenses for scoring all have duel threat guys. But completions, completion percentage, and career yards is what's important to a lot of our fans.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2023, 09:28 PM
Yes, everyone knew Will was Will...doesn't make any of the statements less true though. And I feel like calling a spade a spade isn't "bashing"....it's just discussion.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 09:30 PM
This thread does absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just discussing sports.

Recruits read it. Parents read it. It absolutely does something.

But more importantly, everybody who made a prediction on us this year did so knowing will is a statue. He has an average arm and can't move. Those aren't attributes he brings to the table. Everybody knows this.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 09:32 PM
The best qbs in football are dual threats. Playmakers with their arms and legs. Ithe best offenses for scoring all have duel threat guys. But completions, completion percentage, and career yards is what's important to a lot of our fans.

Bc we don't have a dual threat qb.
We would all love to have daks skill set at qb. We'd be 10-2 this year. But we don't.

dawgday166
09-03-2023, 09:34 PM
What's really impressive about these 2 guys is not their running ability .. it's their toughness. They're dropping back, looking down field and giving the receivers time to make their breaks. And they're getting hit over and over while doing that and then getting back up and doing it again.

Will won't do that more than once then it's 5 yd dumpoffs. He did do that in 2021.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Yes, everyone knew Will was Will...doesn't make any of the statements less true though. And I feel like calling a spade a spade isn't "bashing"....it's just discussion.

But what is the point is discussing it? To argue That we need to recruit dual threat guys? That's great. We are. The last 3 we have signed/committed are dual threat. But nobody has said that on here. They're just pointing out that will is a statue. Well No duh. I guess we could start threads pointing out all the obvious flaws of everybody.

CaptainObvious
09-03-2023, 09:43 PM
FSU is proving you can?t sit back on defense and let Daniels become magical. They are also proving you have to push him into a corner, not lose containment and let him run around and make plays. If we go after him, we have to get to him. Period. Sentence. Paragraph.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2023, 09:44 PM
But what is the point is discussing it? To argue That we need to recruit dual threat guys? That's great. We are. The last 3 we have signed/committed are dual threat. But nobody has said that on here. They're just pointing out that will is a statue. Well No duh. I guess we could start threads pointing out all the obvious flaws of everybody.

It's a message board. When Fitz was here everyone was starting threads about having a QB that can at least complete a few passes. Lol. Not sure what you are expecting

KOdawg1
09-03-2023, 09:45 PM
But everybody on here knew this all off season. This isn't a new development.
Why is this being discussed?

Because it's football season? On a message board?

I'm not sure what you expect here

parabrave
09-03-2023, 09:53 PM
Think LSU might be hitting the Portal early for WRs who can catch.

EdwardDrayton
09-03-2023, 09:54 PM
Of course we're going to discuss it. Because it's real and it's relevant. Grow up. We're not talking middle school kids here. We're talking paid players.

KOdawg1
09-03-2023, 09:54 PM
Recruits read it. Parents read it. It absolutely does something.

Nah.

Coach34
09-03-2023, 10:03 PM
It's a message board. When Fitz was here everyone was starting threads about having a QB that can at least complete a few passes. Lol. Not sure what you are expecting

Exactly. Hammering Fitz was a sport around here. And he is a record setter also. Fitz is the best running QB in SEC history

confucius say
09-03-2023, 10:03 PM

Reasoned and rational thought. Not impulsive, obvious threads pointing out negatives that everybody knows. But to your point, that's probably asking a lot.

To be clear, I wish we had a dynamic playmaker at qb. But we don't. That's not who will is.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 10:04 PM
Exactly. Hammering Fitz was a sport around here. And he is a record setter also. Fitz is the best running QB in SEC history

It was stupid too. Same way it is now.

BlackSailsDawg
09-03-2023, 10:05 PM
Must be nice

Has jack shit to do with msu football. Rogers is the starter and will remain the starter.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Nah.

Would you like a list? It's long (immunity).

KOdawg1
09-03-2023, 10:19 PM
Would you like a list? It's long (immunity).

I don't doubt parents and players read this board.

I just don't think it means anything. A recruit has never read our board and said "ya know what, I don't want to go to school there."

A current player or parent has never read our board and said "ya know what, I think I'm gonna enter the transfer portal."

It's a message board. It ain't that serious.

BlackSailsDawg
09-03-2023, 10:28 PM
I don't doubt parents and players read this board.

I just don't think it means anything. A recruit has never read our board and said "ya know what, I don't want to go to school there."

A current player or parent has never read our board and said "ya know what, I think I'm gonna enter the transfer portal."

It's a message board. It ain't that serious.

Not only that, kinda ends the buy a player.

BeardoMSU
09-03-2023, 10:29 PM

I'm still ashamed about my comments about Fitz during 2018, as if it was his ****ing fault. Jesus. I'll never forgive Moorhead for what he did to us that year, lol.

trojandawg
09-03-2023, 10:45 PM
If only we recruited one or got one from the portal. Oh wait.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-04-2023, 09:58 AM
Guys. Did y'all come into 2023 thinking Will was Daniels or Travis? If so, that's dumb. If not, this thread is dumb.

We're recruiting more mobile qb. But y'all thinking will was suddenly going to have a big arm downfield or use his feet is mind boggling.

Lighten up Frances, they are just having fun (at Will's expense). But he is a big boy and a SEC QB's feelings shouldn't be hurt so easy. "Will is what Will is" (is that from Forest Gump?)

vindastra
09-04-2023, 12:12 PM
Has jack shit to do with msu football. Rogers is the starter and will remain the starter.

Why though? Even if one of the backups surpass him, he will still remain the starter? This is the kinda bullshit that should never be tolerated. Holloway-up-the-middle all over again.

PGHBulldogBG
09-04-2023, 01:08 PM
I'm still ashamed about my comments about Fitz during 2018, as if it was his ****ing fault. Jesus. I'll never forgive Moorhead for what he did to us that year, lol.

If we had hired even an average coach we would have won 10 in 2018 and 8 in 2019. The wheels may have fell off after that, but a decent coach could have easily got us a NY6 bowl following by an 8-4 or 9-3 outback or citrus bowl in 2019. Definitely the most frustrating 2 years of football since Croom

BeardoMSU
09-04-2023, 01:38 PM
If we had hired even an average coach we would have won 10 in 2018 and 8 in 2019. The wheels may have fell off after that, but a decent coach could have easily got us a NY6 bowl following by an 8-4 or 9-3 outback or citrus bowl in 2019. Definitely the most frustrating 2 years of football since Croom

Yep.

Saltydog
09-04-2023, 02:25 PM
LSU will have a field day with Will.....

Dawgology
09-04-2023, 04:19 PM
All we have to do is keep Will upright and let him scan the field for 8 seconds every play. I don?t think that?s too much to ask of our offensive line!!

For him to hit the RB 5 yards out

TaleofTwoDogs
09-04-2023, 10:57 PM
Of course we're going to discuss it. Because it's real and it's relevant. Grow up. We're not talking middle school kids here. We're talking paid players.

Post of the month. "Paid players" is the new reality. The era of the true student-athlete is over and all paid "employees" are subject to performance review. For the fan, how do you separate the NIL player from non-NIL. Confusing times.