Coach34
09-03-2023, 02:44 PM
Mississippi-6 at TooLame
Bammer -8 vs Texas
Auburn -6.5 at Cal
A&M -5.5 at Miami

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-03-2023, 02:46 PM
Huh. Is that "respect to State", or is Zona just expected to be awful?

PCHSDawg
09-03-2023, 02:48 PM
Did vegas see that we don't have our good QB starting? They better read the board before favoring us!:rolleyes:

sleepy dawg
09-03-2023, 03:01 PM
Huh. Is that "respect to State", or is Zona just expected to be awful?

Arizona is awful

basedog
09-03-2023, 03:03 PM
Man the Aggies line doesn't look right playing in Miami. Not sold on Auburn either.

civildawg
09-03-2023, 03:03 PM
I'm shocked at that UMISS line

CadaverDawg
09-03-2023, 03:08 PM
Shows how bad we looked for the majority of yesterday's game that we are only 9 point favorites at home versus Zona. Also shows how much some of our fans don't know football that they think it's a compliment to be -9 at home versus Zona.

confucius say
09-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Arizona is awful

No they're not.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2023, 03:14 PM
No they're not.

They are continuing to get better, but they should not be going on the road and beating us with 20+ Seniors on the two deep

confucius say
09-03-2023, 03:18 PM
They are continuing to get better, but they should not be going on the road and beating us with 20+ Seniors on the two deep

Oh I agree. But they aren't awful.

PMDawg
09-03-2023, 04:05 PM
Ole Miss and Bama cover.
Cal and Miami with the points.

Tater
09-03-2023, 04:30 PM
Oh I agree. But they aren't awful.

Their over/under win projection was 4.5 for this year.

Vegas thinks they're awful. Vegas is saying we'd be 3 point favorites on the road to that team.

HancockCountyDog
09-03-2023, 05:27 PM
I thought A&M looked pretty good in their game. I watched it this morning and i was impressed. Their defense is a problem.

Tater
09-03-2023, 05:49 PM
Worth noting early money has shifted the line to -11.5

CaptainObvious
09-03-2023, 09:33 PM
Do we have any comparisons for Northern Arizona(lost to Arizona 38-3) and Southeastern Louisiana(lost to a Mississippi State 48-7) other than they are both Directional Schools?

Both Arizona and MSU scored non-Offensive TDs, so there is that.

KOdawg1
09-03-2023, 09:48 PM
If we only beat Arizona by 9, then we're in big trouble

MrCoachKlein
09-03-2023, 10:27 PM
Arizona is awful

AZ has been awful. They're still in a rebuild. I think they have a good coach though. 34-17 is my prediction.

preachermatt83
09-03-2023, 11:37 PM
Better load up on OM

GoDawgz
09-04-2023, 12:37 AM
Zona is not awful, the QB is mobile and can cause some problems if State doesnt keep contain. The O better have the kinks worked out and not come out flat like yesterday!
This might be a classic dog and cat fight!

Quaoarsking
09-04-2023, 01:08 AM
Do we have any comparisons for Northern Arizona(lost to Arizona 38-3) and Southeastern Louisiana(lost to a Mississippi State 48-7) other than they are both Directional Schools?

Both Arizona and MSU scored non-Offensive TDs, so there is that.

Last year, Northern Arizona went 3-8. Last year, SELA went 9-4 (conference champion) and lost in the round of 16 in the FCS Playoffs.

Unless NAU has improved tremendously, SELA is the better team.

chef dixon
09-04-2023, 07:35 AM
Better load up on OM

Agree, this is the time of year Ole Miss still catches people off guard and scores at Will before coming a 3 and out machine by mid October

State82
09-04-2023, 09:07 AM
Better load up on OM

That's like finding money in the street.

Quaoarsking
09-04-2023, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't count out Tulane too quickly. They played two Power Five teams last year and beat them both. Those 2 teams (Kansas State and USC) finished ranked #12 and #14, and both at least played in their conference championship game. And neither of those wins are at home.

Granted, Tulane 2023 may not be the same as Tulane 2022, but Ole Miss 2023 is unlikely to finish #12 or #14 either, and Tulane gets them at home. I think Ole Miss probably wins, but I don't buy that they'll obviously cover a 6-point spread.

msstate7
09-04-2023, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't count out Tulane too quickly. They played two Power Five teams last year and beat them both. Those 2 teams (Kansas State and USC) finished ranked #12 and #14, and both at least played in their conference championship game. And neither of those wins are at home.

Granted, Tulane 2023 may not be the same as Tulane 2022, but Ole Miss 2023 is unlikely to finish #12 or #14 either, and Tulane gets them at home. I think Ole Miss probably wins, but I don't buy that they'll obviously cover a 6-point spread.

I'm sitting back hoping I can get Tulane at +7.5

HancockCountyDog
09-04-2023, 09:54 PM
I'm sitting back hoping I can get Tulane at +7.5

Someone told me they got Zona +18.

Tell me it?s just a typo.

I think we win by 14, but not 18.

msstate7
09-04-2023, 09:57 PM
Someone told me they got Zona +18.

Tell me it?s just a typo.

I think we win by 14, but not 18.

I see state -10

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2023, 11:23 PM
I?m really confused at how OM?s offense scores at will until then looks like a dumpster fire late in the year.

What?s the key to stopping it?

Tater
09-04-2023, 11:28 PM
I?m really confused at how OM?s offense scores at will until then looks like a dumpster fire late in the year.

Even or better talent.

Todd4State
09-05-2023, 12:36 AM

This is going to be Tulane's Super Bowl. If they beat Ole Miss they have a very legit chance at going undefeated.

Todd4State
09-05-2023, 12:39 AM

It's called running up the score on FCS teams.

I suspect that they throw it deep fairly often early and hit some shot plays and get a big lead at 21 or 28 to nothing in the first quarter and then just go from there.

I'll be honest- I would love to watch us score 70 on someone. Or more.

PGHBulldogBG
09-05-2023, 07:50 AM
We should cover -9 if we play like we did in the 2nd half against SELA. Ole Miss should cover too, although I think Tulane will score some solid points

Jack Lambert
09-05-2023, 09:38 AM
Ole Miss and Bama cover.

NAU is not good. Won 3 games in 2022. Arizona won big but not big enough considering who they were playing. They looked sloppy, had too many penalties and fumbled a few times. They got a lot of work to do coming to two time zones difference and into the humidity and noise.

TrapGame
09-05-2023, 09:56 AM
NAU is not good. Won 3 games in 2022. Arizona won big but not big enough considering who they were playing. They looked sloppy, had too many penalties and fumbled a few times. They got a lot of work to do coming to two time zones difference and into the humidity and noise.

That's what Luginbill basically said on OOB. He said Arizona has never played in an atmosphere like Davis Wade at night. No one in the PAC 12 has an atmosphere like that. Plus, factor in the time zones and he liked our chances on comfortably winning this game.

DawgFromOxford
09-05-2023, 10:02 AM
That's what Luginbill basically said on OOB. He said Arizona has never played in an atmosphere like Davis Wade at night. No one in the PAC 12 has an atmosphere like that. Plus, factor in the time zones and he liked our chances on comfortably winning this game.

Not sure the time zone makes a difference. They are 2 hours behind us meaning kickoff will be like kicking off at 4:30 for them. Game will end around 8:00 their time. The time zone would be more advantageous to us if we played at 11:00.

TrapGame
09-05-2023, 10:37 AM
Not sure the time zone makes a difference. They are 2 hours behind us meaning kickoff will be like kicking off at 4:30 for them. Game will end around 8:00 their time. The time zone would be more advantageous to us if we played at 11:00.

They're gonna miss those two hours no matter what.

Mjoelner34
09-05-2023, 11:43 AM
It's called running up the score on FCS teams.

I suspect that they throw it deep fairly often early and hit some shot plays and get a big lead at 21 or 28 to nothing in the first quarter and then just go from there.

I'll be honest- I would love to watch us score 70 on someone. Or more.

I was at one of their games a few years ago and they were up something like 63-3 in the 4th quarter against UT Martin or somebody like that and I noticed 3 things and each was more shocking than the one before it. 1: Freeze still had a lot of starters in. 2: Up 63-3 in the 4th and Ole Miss was running trick plays. 3: While up 63-3 he put Nkimdeche (the DT not LB) at RB and ran a trick play to him for like a 35 or 40yd TD. Of course the crowd went wild. All I was thinking was "What is going to happen to his draft stock if he blows out a knee on an offensive trick play up 63-3 in the 4th?" Different buch of folks up there.

MagicDawg
09-05-2023, 12:04 PM
All I was thinking was "What is going to happen to his draft stock if he blows out a knee on an offensive trick play up 63-3 in the 4th?" Different buch of folks up there.

Without getting too far into the weeds, this is just another illustration of the difference between a culture based on rational self-interest and results-based merit, and a culture based on class distinctions derived from a social scoring system.

For some schools it's about winning the game and conservatively building and protecting future resources not just for winning more games, but for the futures of the individuals involved after the games are done.
For other schools it's about getting clicks and feeling superior to "those beneath us" whose only reason for existence is to provide them tools for superficial amusement and targets for condescending scorn.

It is just baked into some institutions to (irrationally) see the world as their inferiors and to make use of whatever tools they have at their disposal to inflate and bolster those feelings.

TrapGame
09-05-2023, 01:05 PM
I was at one of their games a few years ago and they were up something like 63-3 in the 4th quarter against UT Martin or somebody like that and I noticed 3 things and each was more shocking than the one before it. 1: Freeze still had a lot of starters in. 2: Up 63-3 in the 4th and Ole Miss was running trick plays. 3: While up 63-3 he put Nkimdeche (the DT not LB) at RB and ran a trick play to him for like a 35 or 40yd TD. Of course the crowd went wild. All I was thinking was "What is going to happen to his draft stock if he blows out a knee on an offensive trick play up 63-3 in the 4th?" Different buch of folks up there.

Freeze tried that in the 2013 EB and we blew that shit up.

Schultzy
09-05-2023, 02:52 PM
I think he got hurt at Memphis in a loss playing offense that affected him the rest of the year.

Leroy Jenkins
09-05-2023, 09:28 PM
This line is all over the place. Up to -14 for an hour or so then straight back down.

Todd4State
09-06-2023, 12:47 AM

I want to score 70+ on FCS teams in my perfect world but I do have boundaries. All of the stuff you mentioned would be outside of my boundaries. I don't mind playing starters into the third quarter if we're up comfortably as long as we rotate heavily. But by the fourth quarter if we were up 63-3 going into the 4th there is zero reason for the starters to be in. That's time to build depth and let some walk-ons that have been with the program for a few years get some reps. I'm fine running trick plays on FCS teams- but do them early in the first quarter. There is zero reason to do that in the fourth quarter.

The way I would do it would be to come out and attack vertically, run a few trick plays like a flea flicker and ideally get 21-28. Our receivers should be able to burn most FCS DB's and our line should be able to pick up pressure and stuff like that. Second quarter I would be a little more conventional and just try to focus on execution. Ideally that would get us another 14-21 points so we would be looking at 35-49 points at the half. Third quarter I would focus on running the ball and rotating guys in and hopefully that would yield another 14-21 points. That should get us to 49-70 for the game at that point. Fourth quarter is depth building time.

Defense I would come out and blitz them back to directional Idaho and try to intimidate and dominate them early but then back off in the second half.

Schultzy
09-06-2023, 03:13 PM
Always go with Vegas on these sure bets

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-06-2023, 03:32 PM
Ole Miss and Bama cover.

Cal?s DC is Peter Sirmon. I think Bucky and his beavs cover that.

Jarius
09-06-2023, 03:39 PM

They start playing non shitty teams.

Jarius
09-06-2023, 03:40 PM
Cal?s DC is Peter Sirmon. I think Bucky and his beavs cover that.

The last time Sirmon played Bucky, Sirmon dropped his nutts on Beaver’s face.

Schultzy
09-09-2023, 09:57 AM
Bama -7.5
A&M -4.5
UNDER 60.5 MSU vs AZ

1-2 last week