PDA

View Full Version : SMU, Cal, and Stanford to ACC in 2024. It's official.

BulldogBear
09-01-2023, 03:48 PM
Remember, it doesn't have to make sense. It just has to make money.

17 Notre Dame. If they had been forced into a conference it would have stabilized this junk years ago.

Commercecomet24
09-01-2023, 03:55 PM
So Pacific coast teams playing on the atlantic coast, yeah makes perfect sense, lol! Talk about a bizarro world that we're living in.

The Federalist Engineer
09-01-2023, 05:08 PM
So my other diploma school is now ACC!!!

Too bad the ACC is impoding.

FISHDAWG
09-01-2023, 05:10 PM
Does this mean there's no more room left in the conference for ND?

The Federalist Engineer
09-01-2023, 06:32 PM
Remember, it doesn't have to make sense. It just has to make money.

17 Notre Dame. If they had been forced into a conference it would have stabilized this junk years ago.

What does ND have to do with all this, just asking?

Seems that Athletic Departments just like to spend money like crazy, basic feather nesting. Even if they make $200M, they spend $220M. They borrow for another basketball practice facility. Or better AD Building. Or Locker Rooms. So long as fans pay and donate, they will keep spending. The origin is the fan's willingness to give without limits. People even will money to schools - so the basketball team can have nicer lockers. It's private motivations to give.

Reason2succeed
09-01-2023, 06:58 PM
So my other diploma school is now ACC!!!

Too bad the ACC is impoding.

Mine too. Pony up!!! SMU finally finagled themselves back into the P5. Now maybe someone will show up at their games.

I suspect that the odd number may be an omen that three teams may be leaving. I suspect Florida State, Clemson and Miami are headed to the TOO BIG 10.

parabrave
09-01-2023, 09:27 PM
Mine too. Pony up!!! SMU finally finagled themselves back into the P5. Now maybe someone will show up at their games.

I suspect that the odd number may be an omen that three teams may be leaving. I suspect Florida State, Clemson and Miami are headed to the TOO BIG 10.

And did I read it right where SMU doesn't get media revenue for 9 years?

calidawg
09-01-2023, 09:44 PM
It's hard to put into words how weird of a fit Cal is to the ACC.

Liverpooldawg
09-01-2023, 09:54 PM
Nothing says Atlantic Coast like San Francisco Bay.

Westdawg
09-01-2023, 10:53 PM
I think the SEC is gonna pluck 2-3 ACC trams before it?s all said and done.
I?m guessing a Florida school, a Carolina school and a Virginia school. Solidifies both remaining TV markets in the southeast and closes off any significant encroachment of another conference into the TV market in the entire southern portion of the country.
Basically from TX up to OK and across to Virginia, down to FL and across back to TX.

parabrave
09-02-2023, 12:23 AM
It's hard to put into words how weird of a fit Cal is to the ACC.

Naw it will fit in perfect with UVA and UNC. Stanford with the DUKIES. Will say that the ACC will be the IVY League if the P5.

State82
09-02-2023, 01:32 PM
And did I read it right where SMU doesn't get media revenue for 9 years?

I just now heard that. Is that correct? Geez.

The Federalist Engineer
09-02-2023, 03:43 PM
I just now heard that. Is that correct? Geez.

Sad, especially with the ACC not even having 9 years left.