PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Idalia not dead yet...........

99jc
08-31-2023, 02:42 PM
Long range forecast has this thing looping around and hitting Miami and getting back to the gulf of Mexico.

AROB44
08-31-2023, 03:43 PM
Until Starkvegasdawg opines, I won't believe it.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2023, 03:53 PM
The GFS shows it going out into the atlantic off the east coast and spinning for a bit and then heading to the north atlantic and dissipating.

Show it off the coast of New York on September 8th at 7am. Of course future forecasts can easily change and I am not a meterologist.

DownwardDawg
08-31-2023, 04:35 PM
The GFS shows it going out into the atlantic off the east coast and spinning for a bit and then heading to the north atlantic and dissipating.

Show it off the coast of New York on September 8th at 7am. Of course future forecasts can easily change and I am not a meterologist.
What does Euro model show?

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2023, 04:51 PM
Until Starkvegasdawg opines, I won't believe it.

I saw the other day one or two of the GFS ensembles were trying to recurve it back down as mentioned, but overall model consensus had it moving off to the NE and dying a slow horrible death.

The next item of interest is a tropical wave over the eastern Atlantic. As it moves west or northwest it could form an area of low pressure and take on tropical characteristics. This is all several days out so nothing imminent. The NHC has given it a 20% chance of becoming a depression in 7 days.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2023, 06:14 PM
Long range forecast has this thing looping around and hitting Miami and getting back to the gulf of Mexico.

Yeah F that! I've now had my storm for the year and I'm done. None of this double whammy BS.

99 - did you wind up down in Jax?

Commercecomet24
08-31-2023, 06:20 PM
What does Euro model show?

Pretty much same thing.

99jc
08-31-2023, 06:40 PM
Yeah F that! I've now had my storm for the year and I'm done. None of this double whammy BS.

99 - did you wind up down in Jax?

no...my mission orders were cancelled at the last moment at the airport of all places.