PDA

View Full Version : Spivey Ineligible for 2023

confucius say
08-31-2023, 01:37 PM
Per his own tweet. Was informed today. What is the deal?

msudawglb
08-31-2023, 01:38 PM
good grief. Here we go

Hot Rock
2nd transfer... maybe?

TrapGame
You know it's always something. No one got hurt in practice so it had to be something.

bulldawg28
08-31-2023, 01:47 PM
I'm assuming he didn't graduate as a transfer

ZedFedder
08-31-2023, 01:48 PM
What a crappy move by the NCAA two days before the game.

confucius say
08-31-2023, 01:49 PM
2nd transfer... maybe?

He says he's a grad transfer. If so, shouldn't matter.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2023, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking he didn't actually graduate at tcu and if not this would be his second transfer and as such would have to sit a year.

Leroy Jenkins
08-31-2023, 02:03 PM
Because an academic advisor had enrolled him in class at TCU this year. This seems like a fairly simple appeal, but it seems like it should have been discovered about 8 or 9 months ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F44Pw6hWcAAQFQ1?format=jpg&name=large

Commercecomet24
08-31-2023, 02:06 PM
It sounds like tcu screwed the kid around because they probably didn't want him to transfer. This is some bs! With all the nonsense the ncaa allows and then to pull this. SMH!

Homedawg
08-31-2023, 02:11 PM
Ncaa is run by total morons. This is a joke. Guy graduated.

TrapGame
08-31-2023, 02:22 PM
WOW!

That's messed up.

Quaoarsking
08-31-2023, 02:25 PM
Probably will be overturned on appeal, but they'll make him wait a week or 2 just because we're a less prestigious program.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2023, 02:58 PM
Probably will be overturned on appeal, but they'll make him wait a week or 2 just because we're a less prestigious program.

I sure hope so! This is messed up! It appears Spivey acted in good faith but somebody else dropped the ball. I hate the ncaa, they're useless.

confucius say
08-31-2023, 03:06 PM

So is the issue that, even though he graduated, he enrolled in a spring class at TCU?

Commercecomet24
08-31-2023, 03:16 PM

100%!

Bdawg
08-31-2023, 03:30 PM
He just didn?t transfer to Bama or LSU. Would be a non issue if so. Media should get behind this. It?s just wrong to this kid!! What a bunch of life losers in the NCAA!!

Dawgology
08-31-2023, 03:32 PM

Yep. You can take money to play. You can transfer when you want. But, by golly, don’t graduate and try to play as a graduate! So much for STUDENT athlete

Leroy Jenkins
08-31-2023, 03:35 PM
If the rumor that the appeal has already been denied is true.... It's probably above Selmon's pay grade, but Keenum and Sankey should be making some calls.

Reason2succeed
08-31-2023, 03:37 PM
The NCAA is dead a$$ wrong on their decision but even if it was the right decision they are still wrong for waiting until 2 days before the first game!!! Is the NCAA trying to get dissolved?!? 🤬🤬🤬

smootness
08-31-2023, 03:51 PM
It sounds like the issue is that he was enrolled in classes and then did not attend or participate in those classes, so he likely failed them. That would make him academically ineligible. The primary fault is on the advisor, but this is a lesson learned the hard way that you cannot assume and go on the word of someone without authority.

Really Clark?
08-31-2023, 03:56 PM
We've known about it for a while and if you remember he missed some practices. When he came back thought that is was resolved / resolving. But of course the NCAA can screw up a good kid doing what he thought he was supposed to do and turn their head to obvious shady crap. It's not over, we are trying but just total BS. And screw that TCU advisor that's now gone too

Leroy Jenkins
08-31-2023, 03:57 PM
It sounds like the issue is that he was enrolled in classes and then did not attend or participate in those classes, so he likely failed them. That would make him academically ineligible. The primary fault is on the advisor, but this is a lesson learned the hard way that you cannot assume and go on the word of someone without authority.

I think it may be more about being enrolled at two schools at the same time, not grades. Because, unless someone at TCU ran his scholarship papers without him being there, he wouldn't have grades if his tuition wasn't paid. Right?

TheLostDawg
08-31-2023, 04:31 PM
I think it may be more about being enrolled at two schools at the same time, not grades. Because, unless someone at TCU ran his scholarship papers without him being there, he wouldn't have grades if his tuition wasn't paid. Right?

I think that it's the fact he enrolled as a graduate student there then transferred after.

Leroy Jenkins
08-31-2023, 04:35 PM
I think that it's the fact an administrator enrolled him as a graduate student there then transferred after.

FIFY

EdwardDrayton
08-31-2023, 04:44 PM
Educated adult vocabulary just doesn't seem to convey the true emotion of it. Thus, that is some kind of f**ked up!! No way they do this to a Bama player.

Takes away what I thought could be one of our best position tandems this season.

BuckyIsAB****
08-31-2023, 05:23 PM
We have known for a while

Dawgology
08-31-2023, 07:10 PM
Well…I hate it for the kid but this is one of the issues with unchecked portal transfers and the NCAA is about 5 years from being no more in my opinion

Thick
08-31-2023, 09:28 PM
Known what for awhile?.that his transfer was going to be denied and we were prepared for it? Which I find hard to believe, bc that would have been leaked by someone close to the program. Someone knows someone who knows someone that posts on this board. I think we weren?t expecting a denial, and we took it in the a$$ as always!

HoopsDawg
08-31-2023, 10:01 PM
I don't understand how the appeal could be denied. Is there no common sense left in the world

chef dixon
08-31-2023, 10:05 PM
I didn't even know he was back on our team

Todd4State
09-01-2023, 12:48 AM
Known what for awhile?.that his transfer was going to be denied and we were prepared for it? Which I find hard to believe, bc that would have been leaked by someone close to the program. Someone knows someone who knows someone that posts on this board. I think we weren?t expecting a denial, and we took it in the a$$ as always!

It sounds to me like we assumed that he would win the appeal.

It seems like we have an awful lot of issues getting players eligible for an "exemplary compliance department". It seems like we have something like this happen at least once a year.

DawgFromOxford
09-01-2023, 07:22 AM
Play him and tell the NCAA to shove it

Homedawg
09-01-2023, 12:17 PM

Not a good idea

Homedawg
09-01-2023, 12:26 PM
Part of the equation yes...

DawgFromOxford
09-01-2023, 12:33 PM
Not a good idea

What? So 4 years from now they can tell us those wins and losses don't technically count on the record book? Who cares

Really Clark?
09-01-2023, 12:50 PM
What? So 4 years from now they can tell us those wins and losses don't technically count on the record book? Who cares

Knowingly playing an ineligible player wouldn't just be forfeited games years down the road. It would be immediate forfeiture every game he plays this season. Not to mention the SEC could and most likely would penalize our athletic department for knowingly doing so.

cujo
09-01-2023, 01:47 PM

Didn't turn out well for us

Commercecomet24
09-01-2023, 03:07 PM
Knowingly playing an ineligible player wouldn't just be forfeited games years down the road. It would be immediate forfeiture every game he plays this season. Not to mention the SEC could and most likely would penalize our athletic department for knowingly doing so.

Yeah we would definitely get reamed for this and there's no reason for us to put CZA in the fire with the ncaa and the sec. Heck if this happened CZA would wind up getting screwed worse that JWS!

ZedFedder
09-01-2023, 03:11 PM
Paul had a great tweet. Arik Gilbert got cleared, but Spivey did not. Make it make sense.

DawgFromOxford
09-01-2023, 04:02 PM
I know we aren't going to do it, but all y'all keep talking about how the NCAA has no power/authority any more. Let him play, don't pay the fine, put the truth out there about how the NCAA is screwing him in the public media so the public is on our side and tell the NCAA to shove it

BuckyIsAB****
09-02-2023, 01:14 PM

We have known there was gonna be an issue for a while