PDA

View Full Version : OT, sort of: How you watch our games

PMDawg
08-29-2023, 02:12 PM
So, I've kept Dish for years just to keep the SECN. I recently switched my phone service to Verizon, so I now have the Disney+ package for free. This comes with ESPN+. I thought that would also give me access to the SECN, but it keeps asking me to log in with a provider to access the SECN. Does SECN come with ESPN+ or not? I also have a Roku TV. What's the best way to see our games on the SECN without having a provider? I'm now counting YouTubeTV and Hulu Live as a provider, since they have recently made sure they are priced pretty much just like Dish and DirectTV.

So, how are you all watching our SECN games?

parabrave
08-29-2023, 02:26 PM
Switched from cable to UTube TV. Now I get all the ESPN Channels/

PMDawg
08-29-2023, 02:29 PM
Switched from cable to UTube TV. Now I get all the ESPN Channels/

Right, but it's $73/mo. now. That's basically the same as Dish. I guess Sling Orange + the sports package is still the cheapest alternative.

Lord McBuckethead
08-29-2023, 02:36 PM
73 per month is not basically Dish. Dish' cost skyrockets after the first year. YouTubeTV can be watched literally anywhere, has infinite DVR space, and give you access to everything.

PMDawg
08-29-2023, 03:06 PM
73 per month is not basically Dish. Dish' cost skyrockets after the first year. YouTubeTV can be watched literally anywhere, has infinite DVR space, and give you access to everything.

I've had Dish for over 13 years now. I have never paid more than $90/month and I've always had a tier that included all of the extra ESPN networks (and SECN and B10N) until the last 6 months. I'll probably just turn it on again for football season. I guarantee you I can call them and get it turned back on and keep it under $90. I'm in the $70s right now. So, yeah, it is very close to the same. I tried YouTubeTV for a month and did not like it. Although I will give you this - the infinite DVR space is nice. Pretty much any service can be watched from anywhere these days, so that's not the big selling point it once was. YTTV keeps increasing their price, and I don't see that changing.

Tater
08-29-2023, 03:22 PM
I watch mine the way Cap'n Leach would have intended. They have better UI than anything these outrageous companies try to charge for.

If they could create a better platform then maybe I wouldn't sail the seven seas. I pay for Spotify because that was far superior to Napster and all that.

PMDawg
08-29-2023, 03:30 PM
I mean, the long and short of it is this. Between Roku free, Hulu (free), and Netflix, I really don't need or want a TV service. I want to cancel Dish, but I don't want to replace it with YTTV, Hulu Live, or anything else in that price range. I don't watch anything on "regular" TV outside of college sports really. But you have to have all these bloated providers that come with 1000 channels you don't want in order to get the live sports. I was hopeful there was a better way. You know, pay $20/mo for the ESPN family of networks by themselves, or something. Oh well.

TrapGame
08-29-2023, 03:57 PM
I have FUBO TV. I have all the sports channels including NFL. I have screen in screen to watch two games at once and it shows me the game stats live. It's $80 bucks a month but I have the premium package.

parabrave
08-29-2023, 05:39 PM

Except MLB and Bally/ But yeah I Got NFL Network and the package. And it's 200 less per month than Cable.

Dawgology
08-29-2023, 07:20 PM
YouTubeTV. We had direct but they had gotten to where they were charging us $120+ per month and the only add Omni had was the “sports package” and the HD channels (that didn’t deliver in HD). Once our contact was up we dropped them and have been very happy with YouTube TV.

Dawghouse
08-29-2023, 07:34 PM
https://v2.sportsurge.net/home2/ It's the only option I've found living outside the US.

bigbub50
08-29-2023, 07:44 PM
YouTube tv gives you 3 concurrent streams meaning you can watch multiple games at one. YouTube tv has also started offering multi game watch where their screen shows up to four games. Sling only give you one stream at a time unless you upgrade that option. If your watching a game on your tv with sling and u try to pull up a different game on your phone it will kick your tv off.

bigbub50
08-29-2023, 07:46 PM
Also with YouTube tv or sling, you can cancel anytime. Others rope you into commitments with cheap prices up front and then charge you a cancellation fee if you try to leave early.