PDA

View Full Version : Wow- Allen Walker and Romaro Miller on Rivals say

Coach34
12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Allen Walker:

"I don't know if it's the cowbells or what, but it's become obvious that the Mississippi State program makes the Egg Bowl out to be bigger than Ole Miss does.

I think their fans actually hate Ole Miss fans. Ole Miss just don't care for Mississippi State. It's different in Starkville. It's their Super Bowl. If they get any momentum going, they have a chance to win the game. For Ole Miss, it's just another game. "

Romaro Miller:

I was like everybody else after the game: Upset and disappointed.

It was a major example of having holes in the roster and the huge need to continue to recruit. That's not all it was by any means, but I think that part hit home a little harder after that one than it has in most games.

"I think we had Mississippi State on the ropes before this one, and we definitely let them off the ropes. It's become such a series about holding serve and with the way we're accumulating talent over them I think winning that game it would have been over, but now we gave them another life and we're going to have to deal with that. It's why the coaches get paid well, to go out and recruit and show that we are Ole Miss and are going to win ballgames.

As for how to handle the rivalry, it's hard because if you poll Ole Miss fans, close to half will say LSU is the rival, and the others will say MSU. At State it's all Ole Miss. It makes for a different game, and it's one we have to handle. We have to be the superior team from a talent standpoint and just go play our game and take care of it."

So they don't care about the game like we do. Gotcha. Yet Ole Miss stormed the field after beating us in 2012- but we didnt after beating them...

They simply can't handle losing to us. They are looking for ANY excuse to make themselves feel better.

I like Romaro's comments about "crootin" also. They are leaving us behind on crootin- yet couldnt score on offense vs us

Saltydog
12-02-2013, 01:11 PM
countless UM fans say "you only care about beating us, yada, yada, yada but we try to win every game and we are y'alls measuring stick, etc."..........Nothing more than typical ole miss elitists bullshit.........They say this kinda shit to make themselves feel better and raise their self esteem....Bama is our # 2 rival just like LSU is theirs but those programs don't view us as rivals like we do them........They are REALLY having a hard time with this loss and I effing love it...........

Bigohh
12-02-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure I buy all of that, but I do believe it shows how the student body and team rosters are made up. We have a greater portion of the student body from Mississippi than them, and I assume (without researching it) the same can be said about our roster. It may be more personal to us.

Thick
12-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Those 2 jackasses can sell that shit to their delusional fanbase, but the real supporters of OM absolutely scoff at it. Yes, they play LSU hard, but the real OM patrons will say the same about us vs Bama. Deep down that Egg is far more important to them then the LSU game.

cheewgumm
12-02-2013, 01:12 PM
I bet freeze thinks its a big game. He looked like he had been hit by a truck in the post game presser.

If he loses next year, he's done...no matter if they think its a big game or not.

BeastMan
12-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Just goes to show you the delusion goes all the way to the top with them. And let me be crystal clear. I am completely ok with their players having that kind of attitude. That is the attitude that has led to losing 4 of 5 Egg Bowls. Layer that with LSU winning 3 of the last 5. So in rivalry games the rebels are 3-7 the last 5 years. Yep, that's getting it done

Thick
12-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Just goes to show you the delusion goes all the way to the top with them. And let me be crystal clear. I am completely ok with their players having that kind of attitude. That is the attitude that has led to losing 4 of 5 Egg Bowls. Layer that with LSU winning 3 of the last 5. So in rivalry games the rebels are 3-7 the last 5 years. Yep, that's getting it done

I like the way you think Beast!!!

Bubb Rubb
12-02-2013, 01:21 PM

I'm about ready to declare that the Egg Bowl isn't a rivalry anymore. Doesn't the other side have to win their fair share for it to be a rivalry? This one has been a little one-sided lately.

That is sarcasm for the lurking Rebs. But still, four out of the last five egg bowls? That's gonna leave a mark.

blacklistedbully
12-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I find it amusing that OM fans rely so heavily on the "all-time record" advantage achieved almost entirely during the Vaught years, yet Vaught himself said, "Never forget that Mississippi State is your rival".

CJDAWG85
12-02-2013, 01:22 PM
They are hilarious.... Since '01 they are 4-9 against LSU and 6-7 against us... Keep up the delusion... It gives not only us, but every other fan base a good laugh!

Bubb Rubb
12-02-2013, 01:25 PM
They are hilarious.... Since '01 they are 4-9 against LSU and 6-7 against us... Keep up the delusion... It gives not only us, but every other fan base a good laugh!

I think I read somewhere that we lead the series 13-10 since the games moved back to campus in 1991.

CJDAWG85
12-02-2013, 01:26 PM
You are right

CadaverDawg
12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
They care so little that they are having segments about losing to Mississippi State on their radio show, and trying to explain the mindset of Ole miss fans vs MSU fans? Yea, sounds like a group that doesn't care one bit about us. They have been crying for 5 straight days about losing to a team that they "don't really care about".

smootness
12-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Who cares how they rationalize it? If they don't care as much about the game as we do, then they're just dumb.

Dawgdom
12-02-2013, 01:41 PM

I can see why they choose LSU as their rival...they beat them more often then they beat State the last five years.

messageboardsuperhero
12-02-2013, 02:53 PM
http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

Cry me a ****ing river Allen Walker. If you don't care about the Egg Bowl, why did the UM student body storm the field last season and talk shit non-stop all year? Better yet, if you really don't care, why in the hell are you still talking about it?

RougeDawg
12-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Thing is, they think other fan bases hate them as so called "Rivals". The real reason every other fan base hates them, is they are pompous arrogant bastards who delusionally think their bottom tier program is on the same level and has a similar history of the Bama's and LSU's of college football. Even Auburn and Georgia fans don't act that way, and both of those are a hell of a lot better and more historically successful programs, than OM. This is the reason everyone hates those bastards.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I can't wait to listen to H to H.

ckDOG
12-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Admitting that you don't care about a game that you are routinely losing is grounds for shutting up shop. Any team that isn't bothered by a loss, especially to a program down the road competing for the same athletes, has no business being called a competitor. Go play in a rec league, morons.

Nucky Thompson
12-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Most LSU fans I know don't consider the "rivalry" that important. OM is the kid at thanksgiving that wants to sit at the adult table, but is stuck with the other snot-nosed brats.

Dawgface
12-02-2013, 03:35 PM
I can't wait to listen to H to H.

What time does that come on? I stumble on it sometimes, but rarely seek in out. I bet it will be good today.

bully99
12-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Without looking it up, what does their schedule look like next year. Easy? Hard?

Political Hack
12-02-2013, 04:41 PM
UT and Vandy in the east.

Boise and ULaLa in OOC.

I suspect they'll win 3 of those 4 along with losses to LSU, Auburn, Bama, and us for a resounding 7-5 miracle season.

Percho
12-02-2013, 05:00 PM
"We have to be the superior team from a talent standpoint."

RM better write some checks for cash. They need more talent!