ZedFedder
08-28-2023, 06:01 PM
I am glad we got Goede, but them.

Todd4State
08-28-2023, 06:03 PM
MSU wins that trade.

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2023, 06:23 PM
RaRa is listed as splitting 2nd team on UGA's depth chart and is not listed as a kick returner or anything like that.

We traded a 2nd string guy for a first string need. And likely improved the locker room.

Leeshouldveflanked
08-28-2023, 06:33 PM
RaRa kinda disappeared in big games last year.

Reason2succeed
08-28-2023, 07:04 PM
Good riddance! If it is true that he went on instagram live and tried to convince other state players to get in the portal F that dude. Take that cancer to someone else.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2023, 07:15 PM
RaRa is listed as splitting 2nd team on UGA's depth chart and is not listed as a kick returner or anything like that.

We traded a 2nd string guy for a first string need. And likely improved the locker room.
Agreed.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2023, 07:16 PM
RaRa kind of didn?t show at all, when you consider what WR1 did with Rogers other years.

BuckyIsAB****
08-28-2023, 08:06 PM
As soon as someone gets hands on him he is done. Dropped a TD pass at LSU nobody likes to talk about that puts it away

Commercecomet24
08-28-2023, 08:16 PM
As soon as someone gets hands on him he is done. Dropped a TD pass at LSU nobody likes to talk about that puts it away

Yes this! and he dropped one against uga and another against someone else.

msstate7
08-28-2023, 08:25 PM

How many of our starters do you think are 1st string at Georgia?

Activated Alpha
08-28-2023, 08:32 PM

Rogers

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2023, 08:40 PM

This year, if they had transferred into UGA's current roster - Rogers, Crumedy, Robinson, & Tulu. Bookie & Zavion could crack the 2 deep.

msstate7
08-28-2023, 08:48 PM
This year, if they had transferred into UGA's current roster - Rogers, Crumedy, Robinson, & Tulu. Bookie & Zavion could crack the 2 deep.

I hope you're right. I'm not so sure we have 4. The one starter they took from us is 2nd string

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2023, 08:59 PM
I hope you're right. I'm not so sure we have 4. The one starter they took from us is 2nd string

No offense 7 - but only MSU fans could look at a list of players that includes the SEC's soon to be all time leading passer, the returning SEC leading tackler, and 2 All-Americans and say we don't have anyone who is worthy of UGA.

msstate7
08-28-2023, 09:03 PM
No offense 7 - but only MSU fans could look at a list of players that includes the SEC's soon to be all time leading passer, the returning SEC leading tackler, and 2 All-Americans and say we don't have anyone who is worthy of UGA.

They're 29-1 the last 2 seasons with 2 natties. They're unbelievably good. Rogers threw for more than bennett last year... would Rogers have started over him?

viverlibre
08-28-2023, 09:05 PM

No offense, and I love the kid, but based on what he's shown us thus far, Will likely isn't starting at UGA. Will may, and I think he will, look better in Barbay's offense.

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2023, 09:14 PM
They're 29-1 the last 2 seasons with 2 natties. They're unbelievably good. Rogers threw for more than bennett last year... would Rogers have started over him?

Yes - they are overwhelmingly talented and deep. And I specifically said if we are talking about "this" year. Bennetts gone. Carson Beck has almost zero experience. Would you rather have the SEC's leading passer or a guy who's never started and couldn't beat out a 2 time walk on? Rogers all day.

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2023, 09:18 PM
No offense, and I love the kid, but based on what he's shown us thus far, Will likely isn't starting at UGA. Will may, and I think he will, look better in Barbay's offense.

Will is the exact type of QB that Kirby and Saban love. He's the most experienced QB in the SEC Kirby would take Will all day over Carson Beck based on that alone.

And trust me - I've dog cussed Will like most on here have. But his experience and abilities give him a leg up on most of the SEC this season.

EdwardDrayton
08-28-2023, 09:20 PM
Spivey at 6'5" and now Goede at 6'6". Thank you mother may I have another. Yes we win that trade.

msstate7
08-28-2023, 09:25 PM
Will is the exact type of QB that Kirby and Saban love. He's the most experienced QB in the SEC Kirby would take Will all day over Carson Beck based on that alone.

And trust me - I've dog cussed Will like most on here have. But his experience and abilities give him a leg up on most of the SEC this season.

Did they go after Sam Hartman?

viverlibre
08-28-2023, 09:32 PM

Stetson Bennet was much more athletic than he was given credit for. I'm hoping Will proves his athleticism this season.

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2023, 09:32 PM
Did they go after Sam Hartman?
Jeebus 7 - let's just throw any BS against the wall to denigrate our own. Who they may or may not have gone after is pointless. You just can't stand that I'm right about this. Will Rogers is hands down a better choice then Carson Beck is right now. With UGA's talent and system Will could lead them to a 3 peat. Beck leaves them with a big bold question mark. Now - could Beck step in and do it? Possibly. But if I'm coach, and I had a choice today it's Rogers all day long because he's a known quantity and reduces my risk significantly.

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2023, 09:38 PM
Stetson Bennet was much more athletic than he was given credit for. I'm hoping Will proves his athleticism this season.

Yes - I saw the kid in high school, he's talented and very athletic. But, he was a terrible decision maker. That's one reason he had to walk on, transfer to JUCO and walk on again. He made himself into a real QB - some of it after he even became starter in '21. As late as the UF game that year UGA wasn't sure he could carry them

msstate7
08-28-2023, 09:39 PM
Jeebus 7 - let's just throw any BS against the wall to denigrate our own. Who they may or may not have gone after is pointless. You just can't stand that I'm right about this. Will Rogers is hands down a better choice then Carson Beck is right now. With UGA's talent and system Will could lead them to a 3 peat. Beck leaves them with a big bold question mark. Now - could Beck step in and do it? Possibly. But if I'm coach, and I had a choice today it's Rogers all day long because he's a known quantity and reduces my risk significantly.

It was just a question. Hartman was the experienced guy you say smart covers, so I was wondering if they pursued. I don't think they did, which tells me they like their qb room

confucius say
08-28-2023, 09:40 PM

I love will. But that's not happening.

StarkVegasSteve
08-28-2023, 09:42 PM
Hard to tell at this juncture. If the reports are true that Goede cannot catch the ball then they won. We lost a guy that scored 5+ TDs for us last year and added a guy who may have caught 5 passes his entire career. Goede will need to produce for me to say we won that trade.

viverlibre
08-28-2023, 09:54 PM
I don't keep up much with other teams, but I'm guessing RaRa got out of whatever trouble he was in?

RisperDawg
08-28-2023, 09:59 PM
I don't keep up much with other teams, but I'm guessing RaRa got out of whatever trouble he was in?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/charges-against-georgias-rara-thomas-dismissed-after-wr-reaches-deal-resolving-alleged-dorm-altercation/

He did pre-trial diversion. He did anger management and community service.

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2023, 10:02 PM
It was just a question. Hartman was the experienced guy you say smart covers, so I was wondering if they pursued. I don't think they did, which tells me they like their qb room

Gotcha. The way we like to eat our own just gets old - and I've been watching it with QBs since Sleepy.

UGA may be satisfied and weren't openly seeking a QB - but I'm sure if Hartman had expressed interest they would have gone for him. You just don't turn down that type of talent.

Tater
08-28-2023, 11:02 PM

Hartman didn't want to play in the SEC otherwise he'd be the starting QB for Alabama. He's trying to get drafted and he knows going against SEC defenses every week won't do it. Notre Dame offered him the best combination of money + draft potential. He's going to rack up stats, be in the Heisman conversation all year, get a Senior Bowl invite, and if things go well, be a 4th-5th round pick.

Count Istvan Teleky
08-29-2023, 08:54 AM
Who wins that trade?

Don't forget Justin Roberson from last year.

Along with Ryland Goede we got a really good volleyball player, too.

msudawg1200
08-29-2023, 10:42 AM
I love will. But that's not happening.

I don't know on that. I actually went to the spring game thinking that was going to be the day Mike Wright took over the QB1 reigns from Will. I know Wright played with second stringers against the first stringers, but Will was by far the best QB on the field, and I was very impressed with his athleticism and footwork.

Coach34
08-29-2023, 12:53 PM
Here's what we know:

1. Rogers is football smart. Great thing to have at QB
2. Rogers is extremely accurate up to 20 yards.
3. Defenses playing us will no longer expect pass every play
4. Safeties now have to be involved in the run game and cant just sit back to force underneath throws
5. Wright gives us an extra package defenses will have to prep for

We will improve offensively

Commercecomet24
08-29-2023, 01:01 PM
Here's what we know:

4. Safeties now have to be involved in the run game and cant just sit back to force underneath throws

Amen!

TrapGame
08-29-2023, 01:26 PM
Here's what we know:

^^^Stamp this in gold!^^^

Lord McBuckethead
08-29-2023, 02:38 PM

No Rogers would not have started over Bennett, and I don't think Rogers has shown me enough to start over whomever is starting at UGA this year. His arm strength is severely lacking, and he cannot run. Those are two major flaws, not fatal flaws, but major flaws.

Lord McBuckethead
08-29-2023, 02:39 PM
Here's what we know:

I agree with all of that, but Rogers wouldn't start for UGA.

RiverCityDawg
08-29-2023, 06:51 PM
Here's what we know:

Why do you have the "up to 20 yards" caveat for #2?

Rogers has been very accurate on passes over 20 yards. He didn't chunk a lot of long bombs because of the offense, but his completion percentage last year of 42.5% on passes 20+ was great, and his PFF passing grade for passes 20+ was 90.3, which is elite. He was even better in 2021 at 45.3% and a 92.4 PFF passing grade.

Todd4State
08-29-2023, 10:37 PM

Rogers has been very accurate on passes over 20 yards. He didn't chunk a lot of long bombs because of the offense, but his completion percentage last year of 42.5% on passes 20+ was great, and his PFF passing grade for passes 20+ was 90.3, which is elite. He was even better in 2021 at 45.3% and a 92.4 PFF passing grade.

My biggest concern about Will is will he actually put the ball up or will he just check it down if he is somewhat unsure.

There were a LOT of times when we had someone open deep and Will just couldn't pull the trigger. I know we may have more designed shots but we can't force Will to pull the trigger in real time.

I think he should have had more confidence in himself to take the shots more personally. Your stats bear out why.

CadaverDawg
08-30-2023, 12:03 AM
My biggest concern about Will is will he actually put the ball up or will he just check it down if he is somewhat unsure.

There were a LOT of times when we had someone open deep and Will just couldn't pull the trigger. I know we may have more designed shots but we can't force Will to pull the trigger in real time.

I think he should have had more confidence in himself to take the shots more personally. Your stats bear out why.

More man coverage will lead to more shots. Or should anyway. Despite the "air raid" being a QB's dream... Barbary's offense is far more "deep shot" friendly

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-30-2023, 08:48 AM
Georgia by a lot

Todd4State
08-30-2023, 01:28 PM
More man coverage will lead to more shots. Or should anyway. Despite the "air raid" being a QB's dream... Barbary's offense is far more "deep shot" friendly

I'm not saying the opportunities won't be there. My concern is the guy actually pulling the trigger.

I think part of the issue we had is Will is risk averse which is not the worst thing. But it also limits opportunities for big plays.

Coach34
08-30-2023, 01:33 PM

because I've watched him throw a football for 3 years now

Coach34
08-30-2023, 01:35 PM

A QB throwing a 7 yard route that turns into a 21 yard passing play is not the same as a QB making a throwing from the opposite hash for an 18 yard gain at the sideline.

I think he will do fine throwing some longer passes this Fall because he can put air under them on PA and such. He wont have to drill balls into deep windows as much in this offense

Commercecomet24
08-30-2023, 01:40 PM
A QB throwing a 7 yard route that turns into a 21 yard passing play is not the same as a QB making a throwing from the opposite hash for an 18 yard gain at the sideline.

I think he will do fine throwing some longer passes this Fall because he can put air under them on PA and such. He wont have to drill balls into deep windows as much in this offense

You nailed it on all points Coach! That 15 yard out to the opposite hash is what separates the men from the boys. That throw has to be on a line or it will picked or knocked down.

RiverCityDawg
08-30-2023, 03:02 PM

Those stats were based on yards in the air. Try again.

The throw to the opposite hash for 18 yards is 1) Not related to passes over 20 yards and 2) More about pure arm strength, which is a different argument from the "accurate on passes up to 20 yards" comment I was addressing.

Leroy Jenkins
08-30-2023, 03:07 PM
Vertical passing game doesn't require elite arm talent, you can compensate with trajectory. In the horizontal passing game it's a pick 6 if you don't get it there quickly.

Coach34
08-30-2023, 07:58 PM
Those stats were based on yards in the air. Try again.

The throw to the opposite hash for 18 yards is 1) Not related to passes over 20 yards and 2) More about pure arm strength, which is a different argument from the "accurate on passes up to 20 yards" comment I was addressing.

Nothing about his arm is "elite". Anybody watching him with football knowledge sees that. Is he a good college QB? Absolutely. He's like a McElroy or AJ McCarron from Bama

RiverCityDawg
08-30-2023, 09:43 PM
Nothing about his arm is "elite". Anybody watching him with football knowledge sees that. Is he a good college QB? Absolutely. He's like a McElroy or AJ McCarron from Bama

I am only addressing your caveat on his accuracy earlier in this thread that he's only accurate on passes under 20 yards. I'm making no other claims on his arm talent other than the fact that his accuracy extends beyond 20 yards as proven by statistics and data. The rating given to him by PFF on passes 20+ yards are elite. I'm not saying that, their rating system and the raw data says that.

It's okay to say he doesn't have elite arm talent overall (in large part because his arm strength is average), but he does have elite accuracy. Those things can coexist.