PDA

View Full Version : Depth Chart FWIW

Leroy Jenkins
08-28-2023, 11:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4odVlEb0AACxcy.jpg is

TaleofTwoDogs
08-28-2023, 11:52 AM
No real surprises here. I lot more experience in the defensive backfield than I realized.

WSOPdawg
08-28-2023, 12:02 PM
Wow, just WOW!!!... seeing all the Graduates and Seniors running 1st team (19 of 22 by my count). And I can't remember when our OL was that seasoned.

Definitely getting "wooly" for the season.

Leroy Jenkins
08-28-2023, 12:04 PM
A little surprised that the Seth Davis rumors were true.
I thought Washington would have stayed at CB.
FR kicker
Harmon to the slot

3dawgnight15
08-28-2023, 12:18 PM
We average 314lbs and 6?4 on the starting OLine. That?s a lot of human.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-28-2023, 12:30 PM
Lot of unproven at the punter and FG kicker spots. Would hate to have another 2016 where we lose multiple games to missing easy field goals. Any word on how the kickers are doing?

confucius say
08-28-2023, 12:40 PM
Page at starting SAM
Dolla Bill over Percy at LT. This spot worries me a lot.
Davis ahead of Lee and Pittman

TaleofTwoDogs
08-28-2023, 12:42 PM
Lot of unproven at the punter and FG kicker spots. Would hate to have another 2016 where we lose multiple games to missing easy field goals. Any word on how the kickers are doing?

With the firepower of this team let's hope that it doesn't come down to a FG, but I get what you are saying.

HancockCountyDog
08-28-2023, 12:52 PM
Wow, just WOW!!!... seeing all the Graduates and Seniors running 1st team (19 of 22 by my count). And I can't remember when our OL was that seasoned.

Definitely getting "wooly" for the season.

In today's NIL era, you won't see a team with more experience. I for one am going to enjoy this year's team and not worry about next year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-28-2023, 01:10 PM
With the firepower of this team let's hope that it doesn't come down to a FG, but I get what you are saying.

No room for flaws in this conference if you want to be somebody

Cowbell
08-28-2023, 01:36 PM
Page at starting SAM
Dolla is about to make himself known nationally. Remember our tackles have it much easier now.

Cowbell
08-28-2023, 01:37 PM
This team will be as good as Will Rogers allows them to be. He's the key

TrapGame
08-28-2023, 02:09 PM

Peter Sirmon's incompetence put us in those situations to begin with.

If Will has taken another step in his maturation as QB we should be a really good team this year. No one in the media wants to sound like a fool having us go 8-4/9-3. It's easier to act surprised when we perform above expectations.

confucius say
08-28-2023, 02:11 PM
Dolla is about to make himself known nationally. Remember our tackles have it much easier now.

Hope you're right. He's struggled even in the run game though. I'm pulling for him though

EdwardDrayton
08-28-2023, 02:15 PM

^^^^^

mparkerfd20
08-28-2023, 02:21 PM
Damn we're old. Didn't realize we were this old. No excuses not to be a good team. We will go as far as Will takes us.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2023, 02:23 PM
Where is the guy from Miami and the Juco Transfer guy in the S and DB depth? Kamari Rodgers?

Homedawg
08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
A little surprised that the Seth Davis rumors were true.
I thought Washington would have stayed at CB.
FR kicker
Harmon to the slot

Harmon to the slot is really just a flexed te.

HoopsDawg
08-28-2023, 02:44 PM

Correct. Can't have Harmon in a 3 point stance.

This has to be the oldest team in MSU history. We are BYU old.

Really Clark?
08-28-2023, 02:52 PM

And the perfect position for him

bigbub50
08-28-2023, 03:42 PM
Page at starting SAM

Dolla makes me nervous as well and appeared to be second string while media could view the end of practice (they couldn?t last week). But, as a poster stated above, he will have more help with the unpredictability of this offense (not throwing it 80 percent of the time), the personnel will help (having different protections with a back and/or tight end), the splits are back to normal, and play actions in the play book (easier to block and pass rush is slowed due to threat of run). Those o- lineman (and especially tackles) were on islands in the Air Raid.

HancockCountyDog
08-28-2023, 03:44 PM
Correct. Can't have Harmon in a 3 point stance.

This has to be the oldest team in MSU history. We are BYU old.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices that. I've never seen anything like it. We have 26 seniors that are either starting or are 2nd team and will most likely play a lot of snaps.

I just don't see how this team doesn't win 9 games.

Westdawg
08-28-2023, 04:39 PM
Harmon will thrive in that role.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2023, 05:26 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices that. I've never seen anything like it. We have 26 seniors that are either starting or are 2nd team and will most likely play a lot of snaps.

We better capitalize on it in 2023, because I shiver thinking of next year.....

FISHDAWG
08-28-2023, 05:28 PM
FR kicker

Starting over a Senior.... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing

CaptainObvious
08-28-2023, 05:55 PM

I expect State to go 15-0 this year.

Todd4State
08-28-2023, 06:02 PM

Me too. Going to enjoy it while it lasts because there is about to be a lot of turnover on the roster.

Really Clark?
08-28-2023, 07:11 PM
Starting over a Senior.... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing

The senior kicker has been battling an injury

Reason2succeed
08-28-2023, 07:12 PM

All in!!! Push all our chips to the center of the table! HailState

BuckyIsAB****
08-28-2023, 08:11 PM
I hope Dolla Bill can do it.

confucius say
08-28-2023, 09:33 PM
I hope Dolla Bill can do it.

I hope the best for him with all he's been through.
But i just don't see it.

Tater
08-28-2023, 11:06 PM
Interesting that there are 3 positions that have a "3 deep" on the two deep without an "OR" in place. DE, S, S.

I guess that means we will see a 4-3 package enough to warrant this look, but 3-3-5 is still the base. We'll also run some 3-2-6 and safeties will be the "slot corners".

Really Clark?
08-29-2023, 07:56 AM
Interesting that there are 3 positions that have a "3 deep" on the two deep without an "OR" in place. DE, S, S.

I guess that means we will see a 4-3 package enough to warrant this look, but 3-3-5 is still the base. We'll also run some 3-2-6 and safeties will be the "slot corners".

Think you will see 4-2-5 more than 3-2-6

PMDawg
08-29-2023, 08:51 AM
What's the scoop on Khalid Moore? I was really hoping to see that guy on the 2 deep.

bulldogcountry1
08-29-2023, 11:05 AM
Hayes Hammond is the most "long snapper" a name can be.

Cruz
08-29-2023, 11:13 AM
Anyone know anything on Raydarious Jones - transfer from LSU? I hoped he may be involved in the secondary for us.

HancockCountyDog
08-29-2023, 11:13 AM

Do what I'm going to do and simply not think about next year until after we win 10 games. Let that be future BeardoMSU's problem.

HancockCountyDog
08-29-2023, 11:15 AM
What's the scoop on Khalid Moore? I was really hoping to see that guy on the 2 deep.

I was always told he would be a tweener. Two small for DE, not fast enough for LB. Just guessing, but that is what I was told about him coming out of high school. Also, its hard to judge a lot of our young guys because we have so many seniors in our front seven, so he may be good but just behind some really good players.

PMDawg
08-29-2023, 11:44 AM
I was always told he would be a tweener. Two small for DE, not fast enough for LB. Just guessing, but that is what I was told about him coming out of high school. Also, its hard to judge a lot of our young guys because we have so many seniors in our front seven, so he may be good but just behind some really good players.

Yeah, he was definitely a tweener coming out of HS. I was hoping he could bulk up once he got to campus and slide down to DE. Or at least play OLB in some 3-4 packages.

Commercecomet24
08-29-2023, 11:50 AM

You know, I'm really confident about CZA handling our program and continuing our success. The guy is such a competitor I just think he's gonna be one of those types that doesn't know how to fail. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying we're gonna win 10+ every year but I believe he'll win 7-9 every year with a chance for 10 every so often. Besides if I'm wrong it doesn't really affect me in my daily life lol, but it will kill me every saturday in the fall!

Leroy Jenkins
08-29-2023, 12:56 PM

One of the few positives of the portal and immediate eligibility, you can retool in a year vice needing to wait on recruiting classes to mature.

Todd4State
08-29-2023, 10:43 PM
You know, I'm really confident about CZA handling our program and continuing our success. The guy is such a competitor I just think he's gonna be one of those types that doesn't know how to fail. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying we're gonna win 10+ every year but I believe he'll win 7-9 every year with a chance for 10 every so often. Besides if I'm wrong it doesn't really affect me in my daily life lol, but it will kill me every saturday in the fall!

I think we'll be very good this year. 2024 is a big question mark. If we go say 10-2 and then win a NY6 bowl game how much leeway are fans going to give him if we go say 6-6 in 2024?

Our fans have turned very quickly on a coach that has won our only National Championship in any sport. And with expectations rising in football and no recent buy out to recover financially from the leash probably won't be very long if things go South.

CadaverDawg
08-29-2023, 11:55 PM
Point: "We have a lot of Seniors, so we better enjoy this season bc next year may be rough"

Counter-point: "We have a lot of Seniors we paid to stay, so we should have a lot of cap space opening up this off-season"

Jarius
08-30-2023, 09:16 AM
Dolla makes me nervous as well and appeared to be second string while media could view the end of practice (they couldn?t last week). But, as a poster stated above, he will have more help with the unpredictability of this offense (not throwing it 80 percent of the time), the personnel will help (having different protections with a back and/or tight end), the splits are back to normal, and play actions in the play book (easier to block and pass rush is slowed due to threat of run). Those o- lineman (and especially tackles) were on islands in the Air Raid.

I would take this depth chart with a grain of salt. I don't expect Dolla to be starting at LT. Expect it to be Percy.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-30-2023, 10:36 AM
Point: "We have a lot of Seniors, so we better enjoy this season bc next year may be rough"

Counter-point: "We have a lot of Seniors we paid to stay, so we should have a lot of cap space opening up this off-season"

Good point. Definitely should be an attractive landing spot for transfers given the NIL and playing time opportunities

Commercecomet24
08-30-2023, 10:57 AM

Right on CD!

R2Dawg
08-30-2023, 11:46 AM
I think we'll be very good this year. 2024 is a big question mark. If we go say 10-2 and then win a NY6 bowl game how much leeway are fans going to give him if we go say 6-6 in 2024?

Our fans have turned very quickly on a coach that has won our only National Championship in any sport. And with expectations rising in football and no recent buy out to recover financially from the leash probably won't be very long if things go South.

6-6 ain't quite the same as not even making the conf tourney 2 years in a row. Apples and oranges.

I don't think any of the fans want to or turned on Lemo. He did that to himself. 6-6 in a rebuilding year and continue bowling is OK, Now miss a bowl the next 2 years and the same thing will happen like Lemo.

R2Dawg
08-30-2023, 11:47 AM

Cup is only half full. The other thing is we have some young guys that are going to show up this year in a big way so the empty won't be as bad as it looks right now. New stars are going to arrive. Happens every year forever. Can't wait to see who they are.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-30-2023, 11:59 AM
I would take this depth chart with a grain of salt. I don't expect Dolla to be starting at LT. Expect it to be Percy.

I could easily see Dolla start on Saturday. But I don't see the competition settled. I would expect both to play and that film to be evaluated. We want the correct guy at LT when LSU comes to town.

Commercecomet24
08-30-2023, 12:04 PM
Cup is only half full. The other thing is we have some young guys that are going to show up this year in a big way so the empty won't be as bad as it looks right now. New stars are going to arrive. Happens every year forever. Can't wait to see who they are.

You are correct, sir!

Commercecomet24
08-30-2023, 12:09 PM
6-6 ain't quite the same as not even making the conf tourney 2 years in a row. Apples and oranges.

I don't think any of the fans want to or turned on Lemo. He did that to himself. 6-6 in a rebuilding year and continue bowling is OK, Now miss a bowl the next 2 years and the same thing will happen like Lemo.

This is exactly the way I see it. If we have a great year this year, most of us will understand if we go 6-6/7-5 next year. I believe that we are, as we have pretty much been the last 15 years, a developmental program. We'll win 6-9 games consistently with a chance to have a special year every now and then. I have confidence in CZA because he will not be outworked and he wants to be here and make his mark. Also I believe the edginess he has will show in the play of our team. He's an intense son of a gun! Now if you get into losing records and not making bowls and showing ineptitude then you've got problems and he'll be gone just like jomo.

Leroy Jenkins
08-30-2023, 12:11 PM

Im with you. A couple positions on this chart could situated the way they are in order to make a point.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-30-2023, 12:11 PM

Oh dear lord what an awful comparison lol

Lemo has finish 14th and 13th inthe conference these past 2 seasons.

If Arnett finishes 14th and 13th and misses bowls in year 4 and 5, he's gone. Only reason Lemonizick is still here is our AD is a coward