PDA

View Full Version : David Turner

preachermatt83
08-28-2023, 12:21 AM
I think we may not realize just yet how big of a difference he will make. He is one of the best defensive line coaches in America. I feel like crimes will
Have a MASSIVE year. Like huge. And I think by the end of the season Nathan Pickering will be one of the best dl in the sec. Dink is gonna suprise some people too.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-28-2023, 01:35 AM
I think we may not realize just yet how big of a difference he will make. He is one of the best defensive line coaches in America. I feel like crimes will
Have a MASSIVE year. Like huge. And I think by the end of the season Nathan Pickering will be one of the best dl in the sec. Dink is gonna suprise some people too.

I do like David Turner. I think having Crumedy for 12 games will make a huge difference. We really need him to be healthy. When he came back from injury last year, our front 7 improved immediately.

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2023, 06:08 AM
Just odd to have such an experienced, proven coach like Turner yet we're getting beat on all the best in-state DL prospects.

I realize that could be NIL, but still.... it's weird

Cowbell
08-28-2023, 06:34 AM
Just odd to have such an experienced, proven coach like Turner yet we're getting beat on all the best in-state DL prospects.

It's a different world. We will also be after portal guys due to losing so much

WinningIsRelentless
08-28-2023, 07:23 AM
Let the coaches judge who the best dl in the state are not some blowhard recruiting site.

deltadawg63
08-28-2023, 08:10 AM

We are okay this year but will need to make up ground next year.

Cooterpoot
08-28-2023, 09:19 AM

Franklin is a solid player but the rest OM got aren't anything special. We aren't even really recruiting two of them. Hibbler is as good as any of them.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2023, 10:51 AM
Not to mention Jordan Davis. He didn't play a snap last year, if memory serves, correct?

bigbub50
08-28-2023, 11:37 AM
Not to mention Jordan Davis. He didn't play a snap last year, if memory serves, correct?

He played last year as a backup but appeared to lose a step after acl tear. He started camp 2nd string but could be 3rd DE off the bench (if we stay in a 3 man front) with the emergence of Anderson.

R2Dawg
08-28-2023, 12:49 PM
Let the coaches judge who the best dl in the state are not some blowhard recruiting site.

Yep, Chris Jones says do you see me now.

R2Dawg
08-28-2023, 12:51 PM
I do like David Turner. I think having Crumedy for 12 games will make a huge difference. We really need him to be healthy. When he came back from injury last year, our front 7 improved immediately.

Agree the front 7 got better when Crumedy came back. He may not have stuffed the stat sheet but he helped others stuff it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-28-2023, 02:03 PM
He played last year as a backup but appeared to lose a step after acl tear. He started camp 2nd string but could be 3rd DE off the bench (if we stay in a 3 man front) with the emergence of Anderson.

I know for fantasy football, RBs coming back from ACL are rarely the same. You want them 2 years after the tear. Hopefully it's the sane situation David's where it just takes an extra year to truly get to 100%

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2023, 02:25 PM
Yep, Chris Jones says do you see me now.

Chris Jones, by the time he signed, was like the 3rd overall DL in that class.

R2Dawg
08-28-2023, 07:50 PM
Chris Jones, by the time he signed, was like the 3rd overall DL in that class.

Yes I know that.

He ended up the #2 recruit in the nation but we got him when he was a nobody. Nobody wanted him or even knew who he was.

Little ole MSU lead all those recruiting experts to probably the top recruit in the nation.