PDA

View Full Version : Everytime I hear a bear call us "Little Brother"....

LiterallyPolice
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I think of Entourage. You know, it's not so bad being Little Brother.

http://i.imgur.com/S91zoK9.jpg

CadaverDawg
12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Very well done.

Infidel
12-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Since they are a smaller school named for a girl, they are obviously MSU's little sister.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2013, 03:48 PM
I am a little brother. Not because I am smaller only because he was born first and I use to kick his ass all the time growing up. I think it is the same case with us and the bears. Their school is just older and it is definitely smaller. We have apparently figured out how to kick their ass and their pride is killing them.

MagicDawg
12-02-2013, 04:17 PM
When I hear "little brother" snarks, I think of Chuck Cunningham from the first season of Happy Days. You know, Richie and Joanie's older brother... gone, irrelevant, and forgotten.

There is a big difference between "younger brother" and "little brother." The rebs will never admit that they are realizing that, but it is burning them up.

The Croom Diaries
12-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Little brother is GT to Georgia, or to a lesser extent Auburn to Alabama. Where the majority of fans in the state choose one school over the other and one school wins a larger % of games over the other. There have been various polls and data that proves MSU has a larger following if anything than Ole Miss in the state, and over a 20 year stretch it's 11-9 in favor of MSU. Over a 30 year stretch it's 16-14 OM, and a 40 year stretch it's 21-19 OM so the rivalry is definitely even and there's no little brother or big brother in Mississippi unless you want to include Southern.

mic
12-02-2013, 05:45 PM
I think of Entourage. You know, it's not so bad being Little Brother.

http://i.imgur.com/S91zoK9.jpg

+1... VICTORY!!!!!!!

Schultzy
12-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Little brother is GT to Georgia, or to a lesser extent Auburn to Alabama. Where the majority of fans in the state choose one school over the other and one school wins a larger % of games over the other. There have been various polls and data that proves MSU has a larger following if anything than Ole Miss in the state, and over a 20 year stretch it's 11-9 in favor of MSU. Over a 30 year stretch it's 16-14 OM, and a 40 year stretch it's 21-19 OM so the rivalry is definitely even and there's no little brother or big brother in Mississippi unless you want to include Southern.
For them it's more a mindset than a numbers thing. They hate the fact that we exist. That we exist int the same conference as them and constantly fantasize about how great they would be if we didn't exist. (I do the same about them and the answer is damn good).

The problem is we do exist and are a charter member which means we can stay in the SEC as long as we wish according to the by-laws.
They will have a hard time taking the next step to that national relevancy they so covet as long as they view the egg bowl and MSU as beneath them because in this competitive climate you have to take all opponents seriously.

I think we have a better chance to make sustained run with a Western Division championship mixed in because we know who we are as a university and a program and have the components and resources in place (facilities, talent base and fan support) to make that run.

Let them look down on us all the way to that day when they wake up one day soon to see us achieving things they thought we couldn't but can.

It's all a mindset. Theirs is based on wishful thinking about the past, ours is based on a sober assessment of the present.