PDA

View Full Version : OT: just watched making of Dark Side of the Moon

CaptainObvious
08-26-2023, 11:00 PM
As a long time Classic Rock enthusiast, I have to admit I was not aware that Alan Parsons was the Engineer on probably the most iconic Album of all time. In interviews. Roger Waters even admitted that <Lunatic> was in some way influenced by what Syd Barrett, original Band member and co-founder, had gone through with his mental issues. Fascinating documentary for sure, with all 4 musicians explaining how each of their parts came together. Of course, the documentary is several years old, but also interesting that David Gilmour gave Roger Waters credit multiple times, but Waters never mentions Gilmour, focusing on the production side of the album. The engineering combined with the musical genius is quite a production ahead of the time.

Count Istvan Teleky
08-27-2023, 08:40 AM
As a long time Classic Rock enthusiast, I have to admit I was not aware that Alan Parsons was the Engineer on probably the most iconic Album of all time. In interviews. Roger Waters even admitted that <Lunatic> was in some way influenced by what Syd Barrett, original Band member and co-founder, had gone through with his mental issues. Fascinating documentary for sure, with all 4 musicians explaining how each of their parts came together. Of course, the documentary is several years old, but also interesting that David Gilmour gave Roger Waters credit multiple times, but Waters never mentions Gilmour, focusing on the production side of the album. The engineering combined with the musical genius is quite a production ahead of the time.

Haven't seen the documentary but will plan on checking it out.

Between Dark Side of the Moon and Pulse, that's all the Floyd one needs...

sleepy dawg
08-28-2023, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I watched it a little while back. I've seen it twice now. I'd say it's a must watch for a Floyd fan. The thing I didn't know and found most interesting was when they were talking about how great gig in the sky vocals were done.

CaptainObvious
08-28-2023, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I watched it a little while back. I've seen it twice now. I'd say it's a must watch for a Floyd fan. The thing I didn't know and found most interesting was when they were talking about how great gig in the sky vocals were done.

Yes. And how they selected the girl that did the vocals. It was like she just randomly put the vocals to the music and they said let?s go with that.