PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching UNTOLD: Swamp Kings?

Thick
08-23-2023, 06:33 PM
It?s on Netflix. The Urban Meyer years?.4 episodes. That SOB was a hardass, intense mfer! I?ve watched first 2 episodes (good years), and I?m watching the last 2 episodes (the fall) tonight.

BrunswickDawg
08-23-2023, 06:49 PM
I hope they show my all time favorite Urban moment - his post game press conference in '10 when he starts he pauses, and then You can here our fans chanting "Maroon/White" in the Swamp. He just kinda gulps and starts to mutter thru his answer. Pretty sure he knew it was the beginning of the end.

StarkVegasSteve
08-23-2023, 09:19 PM
It was good honestly. A lot of people wanted them to delve more into the off field stuff( Hernandez, Newton, etc.), but I could have told you that was never going to happen. Urban would not have been on board with that and without Urban they would not have gotten Tebow.

HancockCountyDog
08-24-2023, 09:53 AM
I had to stopped watching. Was Urban Meyer the executive producer? His program made the U of the 80's look like a church group.

Maverick91
08-24-2023, 10:24 AM
I loved it. Yeah there were bias in the programming. But it was a specific documentary on the rise of the football team. The best part was Tebow saying when referencing the late night workouts “I loved it, best time of my life. But did we go to far sometimes, I think for some of the players we did.” Different times.

If you haven’t finished, I do recommend. It does give a glimpse into the downfall, and the pressure they felt.

Also, watching Mullen act did he have that fire here at State? He seemed so not like what he was at Florida. Really weird to see him be that fired up.

HancockCountyDog
08-24-2023, 10:57 AM
Also, watching Mullen act did he have that fire here at State? He seemed so not like what he was at Florida. Really weird to see him be that fired up.

Go back and watch the 2009 egg bowl, the entire 2010 season and tell me he didn't have that fire here. Look, I hate the way Dan left, but the guy did great things here and honestly coached probably half of my top 10 favorite MSU games in my lifetime.

TrapGame
08-24-2023, 11:33 AM
Lugginbill was on OOB this morning saying it's a pile of steaming cow manure handcrafted by Tebow and Urban.

DownwardDawg
08-24-2023, 11:47 AM
Go back and watch the 2009 egg bowl, the entire 2010 season and tell me he didn't have that fire here. Look, I hate the way Dan left, but the guy did great things here and honestly coached probably half of my top 10 favorite MSU games in my lifetime.

He had fire very early on. But lost a lot of that fire after just a few years. He did great things for State, but he could have done much more than he did. A seriously motivated Mullen would have made the playoffs in 2014 as the 4 seed and probably beat Bama on a neutral field. A seriously motivated Mullen would have beaten Bama a few times instead of folding. He was always job searching and coasting by that game after a few years here.
I'm 100% convinced that Mullen never reaches State's potential while he was here.

HancockCountyDog
08-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Lugginbill was on OOB this morning saying it's a pile of steaming cow manure handcrafted by Tebow and Urban.

I 100% agree. I guess Urban is ready for that next gig. A&M, he is ready.

DownwardDawg
08-24-2023, 12:09 PM

That could be scary. If they ever hire a good coach they will be hell.

Commercecomet24
08-24-2023, 12:36 PM
Urban is a great football coach but also one of the scummiest human beings this side of joe paterno.

TrapGame
08-24-2023, 12:39 PM

I think Petrino has his eye on Jimbo's seat at A&M. Urban could replace Sark at Texas. I could see that.

StarkVegasSteve
08-24-2023, 02:25 PM
That could be scary. If they ever hire a good coach they will be hell.

My guess is Notre Dame. Freeman was forced on them and it always has been told that is a job he covets.

StarkVegasSteve
08-24-2023, 02:26 PM
I think Petrino has his eye on Jimbo's seat at A&M. Urban could replace Sark at Texas. I could see that.

That is scarier than him in Aggieland

TrapGame
08-24-2023, 03:02 PM
That is scarier than him in Aggieland

Exactly. Urban could turn Texas into the next Alabama in the SEC especially if Saban hangs it up soon.

Coach34
08-24-2023, 07:55 PM

he's a moron. It's about as real and authentic as it gets

BuckyIsAB****
08-24-2023, 08:10 PM
They definitely left out some things but it?s not like it was rated G. It was good not great

Coach34
08-24-2023, 08:39 PM
They definitely left out some things but it?s not like it was rated G. It was good not great

Really? For the kids I coach and have been coaching its about as real and authentic as it gets. I have 7 kids a taught at school last year in prison now. I have 2 current students wearing an ankle monitor. When these kids get out of the Hood its great for them and they will fight hard for it. Of course, some buckle and end up home pretty quickly.

Tater
08-24-2023, 11:13 PM
he's a moron. It's about as real and authentic as it gets

lol absolutely not. but you couldn't talk about the things aaron hernandez did while there that urban covered up.

it's as real as tebow and urban would ever sign off on... which is not much.

ETA: to put it in the context of "Untold"... what part of that was actually something that hasn't been told? lmfao. at least the manziel doc told us new shit.

Pancho
08-24-2023, 11:28 PM
what's the temp in Wisc?

Tater
08-25-2023, 12:01 AM
what's the temp in Wisc?

tomorrow high of 76. football weather

Commercecomet24
08-25-2023, 08:58 AM
lol absolutely not. but you couldn't talk about the things aaron hernandez did while there that urban covered up.

ETA: to put it in the context of "Untold"... what part of that was actually something that hasn't been told? lmfao. at least the manziel doc told us new shit.

It wasn't just Hernandez that got away with stuff, pretty much that whole team and era under Urban makes the U from the 80s-90s look like a bunch of choir boys.

TrapGame
08-25-2023, 11:49 AM
That's what Luges was saying. It's the very sanitized version of the Urban Meyer era of Florida football.

StarkVegasSteve
08-25-2023, 09:12 PM

What new shit did the Manziel doc tell you? Anyone with google could figure out the oil money Manziel thing was bullshit. It was painfully obvious they did not have the money they portrayed from the jump.

At least Swamp Kings showed us some unseen locker room stuff from those Florida teams. It also showed the fire Mullen had early on that we saw and the ones who knew Dan and knew the team saw those first 5 years.

Tater
08-25-2023, 09:31 PM
What new shit did the Manziel doc tell you? Anyone with google could figure out the oil money Manziel thing was bullshit. It was painfully obvious they did not have the money they portrayed from the jump.

At least Swamp Kings showed us some unseen locker room stuff from those Florida teams. It also showed the fire Mullen had early on that we saw and the ones who knew Dan and knew the team saw those first 5 years.

Uhh... The suicide attempt and the gun clicking?? Amongst a full recount of the Billy Vegas story.

Coach34
08-25-2023, 11:24 PM
Swamp kings is football focused which is what makes it good. Who cares about the off field BS? Showing how hard they worked is a good watch. Those mat drills are awesome

THE Bruce Dickinson
08-26-2023, 09:34 AM
Swamp kings is football focused which is what makes it good. Who cares about the off field BS? Showing how hard they worked is a good watch. Those mat drills are awesome

Talking about the football is fine and entertaining but it doesn't tell the whole story. The 30 for 30 on "The U" would have sucked if they just talked about all of their on the field football success. There is a ton that Swamp Kings fails to address that's important to the entire story. Aaron Hernandez murdered 2 guys in Gainesville. He is barely mentioned in that doc.