PDA

View Full Version : RB's....

CadaverDawg
08-20-2023, 05:35 PM
I was watching the highlight video of the scrimmage, and while the RB room is getting high praise, I was surprised at just how tiny all of our backs look. Do we have an unusually small RB room? And if I'm being honest, everyone in the highlights looked kinda small too.

We were always extremely tall and long at most positions in the Mullen years, and then Leach recruited more speed....just wondering if we have plenty of beef for this SEC slate

Bothrops
08-20-2023, 05:45 PM
I was watching the highlight video of the scrimmage, and while the RB room is getting high praise, I was surprised at just how tiny all of our backs look. Do we have an unusually small RB room? And if I'm being honest, everyone in the highlights looked kinda small too.

We were always extremely tall and long at most positions in the Mullen years, and then Leach recruited more speed....just wondering if we have plenty of beef for this SEC slate

Keyvonne Lee is 6'0" 225
Simeon Price is 6'0" 215
Woody is 5'10" 210
Jeffery Pittman is 5'11" 205
Seth Davis is 5'7" 185

bigbub50
08-20-2023, 05:48 PM
Marks and Price (likely our 1st and maybe 2nd string) are not huge but can run inside and outside. Pittman, juco transfer, is our bruiser. Good size and doesn?t shy away from contact. Lee, penn state transfer, I have no idea his running style or size. Our true freshman, Seth Davis, is undersized, but has gotten a lot of praise from our coaches and players. He played a lot yesterday and he is the guy you probably saw in the highlights.

CadaverDawg
08-20-2023, 05:48 PM
Keyvonne Lee is 6'0" 225
Simeon Price is 6'0" 215
Woody is 5'10" 210
Jeffery Pittman is 5'11" 205
Seth Davis is 5'7" 185

Guess I could have looked it up on the roster. Was really wanting to generate some football discussion on this dead board. So it must have just been Davis I saw and a few corners tackling him that made the whole group appear tiny. I didn't realize Price and Lee were 6 ft.

Davis has that Darren Sprowles/Deuce Vaughn look. Fun to watch

CadaverDawg
08-20-2023, 05:49 PM
Marks and Price (likely our 1st and maybe 2nd string) are not huge but can run inside and outside. Pittman, juco transfer, is our bruiser. Good size and doesn?t shy away from contact. Lee, penn state transfer, I have no idea his running style or size. Our true freshman, Seth Davis, is undersized, but has gotten a lot of praise from our coaches and players. He played a lot yesterday and he is the guy you probably saw in the highlights.

Thanks. Yeah, I think it was #23, which was probably Davis

Leroy Jenkins
08-20-2023, 05:52 PM
They are all between 5'10 and 6'1, 210-225lbs, except Davis 5'7 185. After checking a few SEC rosters, I'd say that's pretty average.

MBDawg601
08-20-2023, 06:22 PM
I saw some backs looking for contact in that clip.

I also saw Rogers throwing on the run.... accurately, with zip.

Bothrops
08-20-2023, 06:33 PM
Guess I could have looked it up on the roster. Was really wanting to generate some football discussion on this dead board. So it must have just been Davis I saw and a few corners tackling him that made the whole group appear tiny. I didn't realize Price and Lee were 6 ft.

We looking really good at RB. We have a nice mix of size and speed.

CadaverDawg
08-20-2023, 07:27 PM
We looking really good at RB. We have a nice mix of size and speed.

Good.

How we feeling about the new TE position?

bigbub50
08-20-2023, 07:48 PM
Going to be interesting to see if Seth Davis redshirts. We have the depth to do it, but rumblings are he is a slippery bar of soap out there. Arnette said he may have been the most elusive guy on the field with the ball in his hands for both scrimmages and that says a lot with tulu and zavion on this team.

Cowbell
08-20-2023, 07:58 PM
Going to be interesting to see if Seth Davis redshirts. We have the depth to do it, but rumblings are he is a slippery bar of soap out there. Arnette said he may have been the most elusive guy on the field with the ball in his hands for both scrimmages and that says a lot with tulu and zavion on this team.

The days of redshirting top rated guys are over. You play them or they transfer

Leeshouldveflanked
08-20-2023, 08:01 PM
The days of redshirting top rated guys are over. You play them or they transfer
Yep? play em.

Cowbell
08-20-2023, 08:02 PM

In all seriousness, the helmet padding makes everyone look smaller. Same thing in the pros.

TrapGame
08-20-2023, 08:10 PM

I remember watching Davis's video. That kid is fast and slippery.

Leroy Jenkins
08-20-2023, 08:12 PM
I saw some backs looking for contact in that clip.

I also saw Rogers throwing on the run.... accurately, with zip.

https://x.com/hailstatefb/status/1693352038263054397?s=46&t=DGtd-fTS2I8QetuRZ9flcA

Yeah that throw at the :16 second mark was pretty good.

TaleofTwoDogs
08-20-2023, 09:22 PM
I was watching the highlight video of the scrimmage.....

LINK please or is it premium content.

Leroy Jenkins
08-20-2023, 09:58 PM
https://twitter.com/hailstatefb/status/1693352038263054397?s=46&t=DGtd-fTS2I8QetuRZ9flcA

parabrave
08-20-2023, 10:21 PM

Any questions on Price?? Just watch the Egg Bowl. He won it.

TrapGame
08-21-2023, 08:16 AM
Any questions on Price?? Just watch the Egg Bowl. He won it.

Price also had two huge runs on A&M (thanks to two outstanding blocks by Woody) that put us in the red zone to eventually score.

GoDawgz
08-21-2023, 10:01 AM
The helmet padding makes everyone look small.
We already know that Woody is a hard running back, sometimes to his on detriment.
Price is a load!
Pittman will be someone to watch to see if he adjusts to the speed and size of big boy football.
Davis is who im most ready to see. really quick with breakaway speed. (according to high school tape)
We will see....cant wait!

Commercecomet24
08-21-2023, 10:20 PM
Pittman runs bigger than his size. Lot of power in that body. He can be a bruiser.